Port Canaveral to MCO how early for international flight

Ex-Airbalancer

1 hour ago, FOPMan said:

Probably. Airport arrival for international flights out of the US is generally three hours or so.

You could very well clear  immigration on landing at Pearson and not on the US side.

The OP will definitely clear Canadian Immigration and Customs at Toronto,  not Orlando. 

• Like 1

That's an "all success" schedule. One hiccup and you won't make it.

You need to be off the ship at the curb 8am, and in an Uber. Drop off at airport 9 to 9:15. Through check in (long) and security (longer unless you have precheck) - 9:30 to 10:30 then train ride and get to airside gate 11:00 when you are due for boarding.

Super tight.

You most likely will be fine.. but it's up to you if you want chance it, you never know if there is traffic, or the ship is delayed.....but I would do self assist and book private transportation, we fly on jetblue which is in the international flight terminal at MCO .. terminal C , and we were off the ship by 730am, and at the airport by 9am.  The 2 times I have been in terminal C.. the security lines have never been long.. usually around 10-15 minutes tops, and the 1st time was at 930 in the morning and the 2nd time was 5pm ... it was the fastest TSA checkpoint I have ever gone through., and I don't have TSA precheck.

Edited by cruisegirl1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Now my wife is thinking of going to the space centre and spending night 

Decisions decision 🤔😁

That would be safer.

But if you keep your current flight, keep an eye on WestJet's timetable as they could later add your original flight back to their schedule. They've pared their schedule to 3X daily nonstops but between now and then they could add a 4th daily. That's happened to me before. If they do, you can call them and ask to be put back on your original flight.

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

You most likely will be fine.. but it's up to you if you want chance it, you never know if there is traffic, or the ship is delayed.....but I would do self assist and book private transportation, we fly on jetblue which is in the international flight terminal at MCO .. terminal C , and we were off the ship by 730am, and at the airport by 9am.  The 2 times I have been in terminal C.. the security lines have never been long.. usually around 10-15 minutes tops, and the 1st time was at 930 in the morning and the 2nd time was 5pm ... it was the fastest TSA checkpoint I have ever gone through., and I don't have TSA precheck.

WestJet flies out of terminal B according to the MCO website. 

6 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

That would be safer.

But if you keep your current flight, keep an eye on WestJet's timetable as they could later add your original flight back to their schedule. They've pared their schedule to 3X daily nonstops but between now and then they could add a 4th daily. That's happened to me before. If they do, you can call them and ask to be put back on your original flight.

Our flight is with Air Canada 

a BIG factor is the port schedule for the day. Some days there is one or two ships turning around and usually things are OK and you'll have no issues. Other days there can be 4,5 even SIX and then things get crazy. You can find the schedule at https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules  click the schedule button ... they usually have about 6 months available.

Also recognize that today easily 50% of the folks on the ship with you plan to be the first to walk off early to beat the crowd. On a recent RCCL cruise folks started queuing up to be first off around 4am. And as a 'small town' Cape Canaveral ain't overflowing with UBER drivers . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1