Balcony discount during RCCL sale?

On 6/30/2024 at 9:02 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Did you teach RCI math? 

No, I taught Algebra. RCI math does make me realize how some of my students probably felt! 😂😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, I mean pretty crappy to auto change prices in a manner that harms your frequent customers!  On the main website, today I was quoting a JS @ $2,955 and includes $650 OBC for the next 2-days with their front page "beat the clock savings".  Imagine my surprise when I login to my Emerald account and my total is $2,885 (savings of $70 each, thanks!) but then drops the OBC to only be $100 (loss of $550!).  Doesn't take a math genius to realize that my Crown & Anchor status discount is actually charging me an EXTRA $410, or 7% surcharge for being a frequent customer. Yikes!!!

RCL.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Imagine my surprise

That’s been normal (no discount from C&A status sometimes) for many years. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fair enough. I don't even mind that C&A discount can't be combined if that is their rule, but I do mind them changing me to a worse deal when I login, just feels shady and as if they are penalizing me for having given them a lot of business in the past. Oh well, mainly just good to understand how it works.

Edited by pghflyer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pghflyer said:

Fair enough. I don't even mind that C&A discount can't be combined if that is their rule, but I do mind them changing me to a worse deal when I login, just feels shady and as if they are penalizing me for having given them a lot of business in the past. Oh well, mainly just good to understand how it works.

There have been a few posts like yours where it was chesper to not log in and get the obc.  Those were JS or suites as well. 

It's not new as biker says. 

• Like 1

It does seem that three years ago the website was working to give you the best of the various discounts, as I tested it in many scenarios. More recently, it's been important to run all the various discounts in numerous combinations to get the best pricing. Then I go to my travel agent with my numbers.

• Like 1

I did the same test as well.  With the C/A discount it reduced the OBC to $100 and nominally reduced the price.  Removing the C/A discount, the price went up about $150, but it showed the full $650 OBC.  I had to tell the rep to remove my C/A number a couple of times before he figured out what I was saying.  He was surprised with the result once he did it though...  Like others have said, you must double check yourself with the various scenarios to make sure you are getting the best discount as the customer service reps don't know and/or don't try to find the best deal.

• Like 1