Enchanted Princess questions from those that have cruised it on the 10 day cruise

beshears

There are 7 or 8 of us that will be cruising on the Enchanted Princess in February. I understand it is similar to the Regal which we just did, or an upgrade??? I have a couple questions to start with, and I may think of more later.

I have always done the 7 day cruise and had 2 formal nights, or now they call them formal and "dress to express." On the 10 day cruise, is it still 2 days, or  now 3 days? I know a lot of people don't like to dress up, but for us, when I see my 3 sons in their TUX, (they do this for MOM 🙂 ) they look so handsome, along with their wives looking good too.

If you had a balcony room on Deck 9, was it close to anything in particular, or just about half way to going up or down to different areas of the ship?

Any game shows like Love & Marriage, etc. that you would recommend that we not miss?

There are two formal nights on 10 day itineraries.

If you look at the deck plan you’ll see that the public spaces are concentrated on decks 5, 6, and 7.

The main pool and buffet are a bit further from deck 9, on deck 16. The fitness center and Retreat pool for adults only are on 17.

We love the Regal and Enchanted.  Enchanted is more elegant, IMO and we love the lighter colored decor.  JMO

The cruise is outstanding also.

There are a few threads on here about Enchanted.  You may want to read those for more info.

You can check your travel summary for the amount of formal nights, right above the itinerary.  2 formal nights on a 10 night.

14 hours ago, Torfamm said:

There are two formal nights on 10 day itineraries.

If you look at the deck plan you’ll see that the public spaces are concentrated on decks 5, 6, and 7.

The main pool and buffet are a bit further from deck 9, on deck 16. The fitness center and Retreat pool for adults only are on 17.

It really doesn’t matter to us we dress the same regardless of evening. I don’t have ties anymore and wear pants and a button down shirt every night for dinner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, beshears said:

There are 7 or 8 of us that will be cruising on the Enchanted Princess in February. I understand it is similar to the Regal which we just did, or an upgrade??? I have a couple questions to start with, and I may think of more later.

I have always done the 7 day cruise and had 2 formal nights, or now they call them formal and "dress to express." On the 10 day cruise, is it still 2 days, or  now 3 days? I know a lot of people don't like to dress up, but for us, when I see my 3 sons in their TUX, (they do this for MOM 🙂 ) they look so handsome, along with their wives looking good too.

If you had a balcony room on Deck 9, was it close to anything in particular, or just about half way to going up or down to different areas of the ship?

Any game shows like Love & Marriage, etc. that you would recommend that we not miss?

Good for your sons wanting to dress up!  Although they may be in the minority, don’t let that stop them.  I love to see men dressed well, and women, too.  We also like to look nice when we dine.  Makes it feel a little more special.  We’ll be on Enchanted next month and really looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

It really doesn’t matter to us we dress the same regardless of evening. I don’t have ties anymore and wear pants and a button down shirt every night for dinner

Yes, but the original poster specifically mentioned that they are looking forward to dressing formally so it does matter to them.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Good for your sons wanting to dress up!  Although they may be in the minority, don’t let that stop them.  I love to see men dressed well, and women, too.  We also like to look nice when we dine.  Makes it feel a little more special.  We’ll be on Enchanted next month and really looking forward to it.

My sons enjoyed formal nights when they were teenagers. We had a great time and made a lot of very happy memories. It also simplified packing since we could rent their tuxedos and have them waiting on board in their cabin. 

Today, at least for American men, it's unusual to be able to dress formally since rentals are no longer available and very few men own tuxedos. 

17 hours ago, beshears said:

We were on a 10 night Enchanted Caribbean cruise March 2024. We picked deck 9 and our cabin (balcony) number. IMO, great location. No public areas above or below. We were forward so longer walks to the stairs and elevators but no biggie for us. Less foot traffic past our cabin. If I'm alone I always take the stairs. I walk every morning so I took the stairs to get to the walking track on deck 18. 

Edited by doghog

We did a B2B on Enchanted last February - 20 days! We had to change cabins as the 2nd leg was booked months before the first, but both were on Deck 9. First we had a Deluxe Balcony forward (Deluxe Guarantee was the only balcony option by the time we booked it) and the 2nd leg was a regular balcony just aft of the aft elevators - chose that one because it has the larger balcony. Often walked down to Deck 7, often walked up the two flights, too.

Has never bothered me, but most Deck 9 cabins with balconies on Royal Class ships still have a view of the lifeboats when looking straight out.

Princess ships pretty much use the same template for activities as of late.  The production shows, theatre performances, and enrichment changes, but everything else is the status quo. 

13 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Has never bothered me, but most Deck 9 cabins with balconies on Royal Class ships still have a view of the lifeboats when looking straight out.

Princess ships pretty much use the same template for activities as of late.  The production shows, theatre performances, and enrichment changes, but everything else is the status quo. 

Nope, no lifeboat view from either balcony that we had. Maybe you are thinking of Deck 8?

Edited by WisCruiser2

13 hours ago, SCX22 said:

No lifeboats obstructing our view from our deck 9 balcony cabin. 

We sailed on the Enchanted Princess in 2022--in a premium deluxe balcony stateroom in the aft of deck 9---fantastic location viewing the wake with slighter more balcony space.  It was a bit of a hike to other areas of the ship, but we found it quiet back there...we do prefer aft location, usually.  And it forced us to walk and get some exercise, especially after our meals! 

Very pretty ship, large but never really felt overly crowded most of the time. 

As far as dressing for dinner,  I do enjoy dressing up for formal nights, but my DH definitely does not.  He was fine with a button-down shirt, tie and a nice pair of slacks.  No tuxes or suits for him, anymore. 

Edited by Cruzinnana47
Added paragraph

You may be on a similar 10-day sailing as the one we did this past February on the Enchanted.  My review link is below. 

As others have mentioned, wearing a button-down shirt with slacks (or even nicer jeans) is way OK on the 2 formal nights.  Those dressed with tuxedos and gowns are the minority, but they stand-out, in a good way, and are always a pleasure to see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doghog said:

No lifeboats obstructing our view from our deck 9 balcony cabin. 

3 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Nope, no lifeboat view from either balcony that we had. Maybe you are thinking of Deck 8?

If your balcony is over a lifeboat or tender, you will see it from some vantage points on your balcony.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 145220.jpg

LadyArwen, thank you for your input. I know my sons would prefer to dress DOWN and in dressing up, they are in the minority, but they like to please their mom once in a while, and because they are twins, along with their brother who came along after I had cancer 11 years later, they DO get the attention when dressed up. Yes it is a little EXTRA for them to bring their TUX, but they don't mind, as they wear it more than one time. As you said you like to "dress up," and believe you me, I was glad I was dressed the way I was when the 8 of us ate at the specialty restaurant, and the captain and his right hand man came in and their table was next to ours. I just decided to ask (he could have turned me down and I would have been fine) when the captains main man came by, if he would mind taking a picture with me and he said he would love to. Once he did that, and the captain seen that we were taking a picture together, he decided he wanted one with me as well. Then the next thing we know, the 8 of us were taking a picture with the captain and the other 4 officers. Great pictures and memories.

Thank you EVERYONE for your input to some of my questions. I would NEVER down anybody on a formal night even if they did not wear formal clothes, as that is THEIR choice. I just (makes me feel good for an 81 year old lady) enjoy receiving many compliments for the way I dress/look especially for formal nights, as I DO like to dress up, as I don't do this at home very often. Thank you for your input on deck 9 as well. I have a PVP and this is what she chose, as a Deluxe Balcony, and the rooms like like they will be fine for us as well.

On our ten night on Enchanted last year, in addition to the 2 formal nights, there was a "tropical night" and a "white and gold night."  Since they don't advertise this ahead of time, of course at least half the passengers had no idea and had not brought clothing to fit the theme.  I knew from other cruise critic posts, and we packed accordingly.  About half the passengers did the same and it was a lot of fun to see how people dressed for this.  On Enchanted, there are several areas that incorporate white and gold into the decor and we got some fun photos in our white and gold outfits.  For Tropical night, the men in our group wore Hawaiian type shirts and the ladies wore dresses with a bright floral pattern.  

8 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

On our ten night on Enchanted last year, in addition to the 2 formal nights, there was a "tropical night" and a "white and gold night."  Since they don't advertise this ahead of time, of course at least half the passengers had no idea and had not brought clothing to fit the theme.  I knew from other cruise critic posts, and we packed accordingly.  About half the passengers did the same and it was a lot of fun to see how people dressed for this.  On Enchanted, there are several areas that incorporate white and gold into the decor and we got some fun photos in our white and gold outfits.  For Tropical night, the men in our group wore Hawaiian type shirts and the ladies wore dresses with a bright floral pattern.  

I also remember those from earlier years. There were no white and gold or tropical nights on the 10 night itineraries this past spring though. They did have a Back to the 80’s deck party this year.