Room key card

Toad

16 minutes ago, Toad said:

Since it seems important to always have your room key card with you for tenders, HIA etc. is it still possible to get a hole punched in the card and carry it on a lanyard? 

The Front Desk will punch a hole in your keycard for your lanyard. On some cruises, a staff member with a hole puncher has been available near the Front Desk so you won't have to wait in the Front Desk line on Embarkation Day. 

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you can - they will do it for you at GS if it isn't already pre-punched.  I always come on a cruise with a "wardrobe" of lanyards to match my outfits, much to the embarrassment of my 33 year old daughter who says it's ridiculous and I should keep my card in my pocket or purse or something "like a normal person" - but I LOVE just having it around my neck.  By the way, not sure what you mean by needing it for tenders - you need it to get off the ship if you are docked as well.  And for drinks whether you have HIA or not.  Lanyard.  It's the way.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Also, lanyards are usually for sale in the various onboard shops, but they cost much much more than the same ones on Amazon.  You might want to get one before embarkation. 

Edited by Moriah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Moriah said:

Yes, you can - they will do it for you at GS if it isn't already pre-punched.  I always come on a cruise with a "wardrobe" of lanyards to match my outfits, much to the embarrassment of my 33 year old daughter who says it's ridiculous and I should keep my card in my pocket or purse or something "like a normal person" - but I LOVE just having it around my neck.  By the way, not sure what you mean by needing it for tenders - you need it to get off the ship if you are docked as well.  And for drinks whether you have HIA or not.  Lanyard.  It's the way.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Also, lanyards are usually for sale in the various onboard shops, but they cost much much more than the same ones on Amazon.  You might want to get one before embarkation. 

5 hours ago, Moriah said:

I always bring my cruise critic lanyard. Wear it entire trip.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Moriah said:

I'm an "abnormal lanyard person" too. It's so convenient, and I don't care much about looks these days. Recently, even my hubby has come over to this way of thinking. After he actually tried it once. 🤣

• Like 3