Not off to a great start…

51 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Let us know how that works out for you lol.

Remember they threw the book at some poor schlub that decided to go fishing from his balcony not all that long ago.

I don't fish, but I wonder why they don't allow fishing from the cove balconies...  and GO!

Thats a drag. Sorry to hear. I agree with others, get it done ASAP. If its embarkation day, you have to report for Muster Drill, do the Spa Raffle and tour the ship. I can virtually guarantee those two hours out of cabin will fly by. I've learned when I first enter my cabin to at least do a quick cursory check. Drawers closet, bathroom, check for cleanliness and important especially on older ships your cabin AC. The older the ship/cabin the better chance of faulty A/C. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

For those inquiring minds that wanted to know, this was cabin 17225.  Other than the initial cleanliness issues, the cabin was fine.  Good location on 17 and proximity to the express elevator to the Spa.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I could live with a stain- throw a towel over it if it can't be cleaned... but OP said that the cabin smelled- I'm guessing from the source of the stain- and that's a deal-breaker for me. They'd have to do something to get rid of the smell or live with me sleeping on the nearest lounger on the Lido til they fixed it!

Just off the MG. Can confirm the cloth material was a bad idea. It's what 4 years in now? They show it. The Vinyl would have been a much better and likely durable choice. Mine wasn't anywhere near the OPs horror show but, there were...lets say color variations.🤢 Parts were getting a little threadbare. Covered the bottom cushions.

Cause now that's in my head. Great, more OCD!🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hard_eight said:

Just off the MG. Can confirm the cloth material was a bad idea. It's what 4 years in now? They show it. The Vinyl would have been a much better and likely durable choice. Mine wasn't anywhere near the OPs horror show but, there were...lets say color variations.🤢 Parts were getting a little threadbare. Covered the bottom cushions.

Cause now that's in my head. Great, more OCD!🤣

They do dry dock every 4 to 5 years, if it is wear and tear items, it should be replaced.  The MG is due in a little over a year for a dry dock.  Drop an item from the OCD list.😱

• Haha 1

Just off the ship Sunday and at least on deck 10 they came in on our second day and steamed cleaned all the couches…so that’s a plus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nc762shooter said:

You have to take the crew elevator that runs to the front of the ship😁

To ride on a crew elevator (Lift) you can do it as part of an excursion. I took a behind the scenes tour on the Maraviglia (MSC) and would do one again in a New York Minute. I'm wondering how Carnival's behind the scenes tour is worth it.

48 minutes ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

To ride on a crew elevator (Lift) you can do it as part of an excursion. I took a behind the scenes tour on the Maraviglia (MSC) and would do one again in a New York Minute. I'm wondering how Carnival's behind the scenes tour is worth it.

I was referencing a joke about dumb things cruise passengers have asked (is this the elevator that takes you to the front of the ship?) but I have done the behind the scenes tour on Carnival Fantasy years ago, my wife and I both enjoyed it and thought it was worth the money. We got to go backstage in the main theater, out onto the deck at the bow, a galley tour, saw the crew bar and restaurant, a crew member cabin, ship's laundry, some of the storerooms, engine control room, and the bridge. The crew members guiding the tour were very informative and gave a good description of everything it takes to make the cruise happen. There was time for questions at most of the locations with whoever was in charge at each of the main stops. I think it was only offered on the last sea day in the morning and had limited capacity, like only a dozen or so people. You did need to wear closed toed shoes and I think it lasted about 1.5-2 hours. Everyone got a copy of a group photo on the bridge, a hat and a few other little things, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries was waiting in your cabin afterward, and a card with the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake. All around very enjoyable although if anyone has mobility issues or tires easily it may not be the best idea. I know back when we did our tour you could only sign up on board at guest services or the excursion desk, you couldn't do it online ahead of time. If you enjoy this type of thing I would highly recommend it, I would gladly do it again especially if on a different class of ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, Mike45LC said:

@nc762shooter, even the “behind the scenes tour” hides the extra furniture storage area!!  But it is a great tour, for those of us who’ve never worked on a cruise ship.

I will add that I think I remember seeing shrink wrapped furniture onboard near the gangway on our Elation cruise in April 2017 but that was when they were starting the remodel so it would have been new, not sitting around "in case of passenger complaints of stains" LOL.

37 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I truly wonder how many cruisers keep an excel spreadsheet of "horror room numbers" to avoid. 

On certain cruises on nights when the moon is full, only then do the ghosts of mystery stains and odors return to torment the unsuspecting occupants... 😁

• Haha 4

On 7/18/2024 at 4:40 PM, Captain Zippyjet said:

The price for the "Behind the Fun" tour has increased substantially over the years.  "Back in the day" it was $55 on ships without a steakhouse and $75 on ships WITH a steakhouse.  Now I think it's around $125.  

I've done the tour on every Carnival cruise I've taken when it was offered and I've always learned or seen something new.  They typically offer one or two tours, maximum 16 people each, and always in the morning on the last sea-day.  Carnival now FINALLY allows you to pre-book the tour on the website, and I'm already booked for it on the Celebration in October.    (Before, it was always a mad dash to Shore Excursions to get a slot.)   

You will be shown the main galley, the steakhouse (if equipped), the ship's main laundry, backstage at the theater (usually with the Dance Captain and also the technical director), food and bev storage areas, crew learning center, crew bar, crew and staff messes (dining areas), sometimes the recycling center, and of course the highlights for me:  Engineering Control Room and the Bridge.  No cellphones or cameras allowed, and closed-toe shoes are required.  There IS a fair amount of walking and stair-climbing.  

You will also receive some BtF schwag, and the tour includes a photo with the Captain on the bridge.  Sometimes other photos:  one time we had a group photo at the ship's prow with the ship's bell, and another we had a group photo in the brewery.  

Every tour is different and you never know what you might see.  At times I've seen an actual crew cabin, the Captain's private dining room, and once...the Captain's cabin.  😮   

I'm looking forward to the tour in October on the Celebration, as it is my first time doing the tour on an LNG-powered ship.  

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 3:36 AM, Pellaz said:

The price for the "Behind the Fun" tour has increased substantially over the years.  "Back in the day" it was $55 on ships without a steakhouse and $75 on ships WITH a steakhouse.  Now I think it's around $125.  

I've done the tour on every Carnival cruise I've taken when it was offered and I've always learned or seen something new.  They typically offer one or two tours, maximum 16 people each, and always in the morning on the last sea-day.  Carnival now FINALLY allows you to pre-book the tour on the website, and I'm already booked for it on the Celebration in October.    (Before, it was always a mad dash to Shore Excursions to get a slot.)   

You will be shown the main galley, the steakhouse (if equipped), the ship's main laundry, backstage at the theater (usually with the Dance Captain and also the technical director), food and bev storage areas, crew learning center, crew bar, crew and staff messes (dining areas), sometimes the recycling center, and of course the highlights for me:  Engineering Control Room and the Bridge.  No cellphones or cameras allowed, and closed-toe shoes are required.  There IS a fair amount of walking and stair-climbing.  

You will also receive some BtF schwag, and the tour includes a photo with the Captain on the bridge.  Sometimes other photos:  one time we had a group photo at the ship's prow with the ship's bell, and another we had a group photo in the brewery.  

Every tour is different and you never know what you might see.  At times I've seen an actual crew cabin, the Captain's private dining room, and once...the Captain's cabin.  😮   

I'm looking forward to the tour in October on the Celebration, as it is my first time doing the tour on an LNG-powered ship.  

Wow, sounds like a great value. I did a behind the scenes tour on MSC's Maraviglia. We got to see the supply room, walk I-95, laundry room and main galley. It was split (the tour) to two two to three hour blocks. Day One was all the above. Day 2 was back stage and the bridge meeting the captain. I would love to see crew mess hall, crew cabins etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

Wow, sounds like a great value. I did a behind the scenes tour on MSC's Maraviglia. We got to see the supply room, walk I-95, laundry room and main galley. It was split (the tour) to two two to three hour blocks. Day One was all the above. Day 2 was back stage and the bridge meeting the captain. I would love to see crew mess hall, crew cabins etc.

You don't normally see a crew cabin directly during the tour; we got lucky as there just happened to be one that was vacant along our route. 

Normally, during a sit-down break in the crew Training Center, the tour guide (usually the ship's Training Coordinator or assistant) will show the group photos of a standard crew cabin. 

The tour -- always on the last sea day, for reasons that will become obvious during the tour -- lasts long enough that it's questionable if I'll be able to get to Sea Day Brunch before it closes.  🙂