Ventura aft suites

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me if the A deck aft suites suffer from issues e.g. noise, deck chairs scrapping … from the Terrace pool on the deck above?

and how about the D deck aft suites are they impacted by noise from Havana?

We had aft suite A751 on Ventura and didn’t notice any noise from chairs etc being moved above. We did have a slight hum from the ventilation shaft alongside when on the balcony, but it didn’t really disturb us and we spent a lot of time out there.

6 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me if the A deck aft suites suffer from issues e.g. noise, deck chairs scrapping … from the Terrace pool on the deck above?

and how about the D deck aft suites are they impacted by noise from Havana?

I'm sailing on Ventura in a D deck aft suite in less than 3 weeks' time. So I will report back with any noise issue updates. I'm not expecting any, hence why I booked D Deck (Deck 9). If I was a deck below on Deck 8, then there could be some noise issues but being 2 decks above Havana, I can't see it being any issue.

If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll find the answers for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SausPud said:

I'm sailing on Ventura in a D deck aft suite in less than 3 weeks' time. So I will report back with any noise issue updates. I'm not expecting any, hence why I booked D Deck (Deck 9). If I was a deck below on Deck 8, then there could be some noise issues but being 2 decks above Havana, I can't see it being any issue.

If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll find the answers for you.

Thanks it’s really only the noise issue I’m concerned about. Enjoy your cruise

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SausPud, I presume your cruise starts tomorrow? Enjoy.

I found another thread where you said you would post a YouTube link for the suite so I look forward to that.

Hopefully you can post some views on the suite breakfast on your return in addition to the room? 

At the moment I cannot book what was my favourite ship before Iona (and prehaps still is now that I know I prefer fixed late dining) as my mother has been in hospital with gall bladder issues, so until she has the op to remove the gall bladder we cannot get travel insurance cover at a reasonable price. But she has a pre op for 6th August so am getting myself prepared for suitable cruises/cabins on her return to active duty!

Not sure whether you will read this before you sail but I’m a jacuzzi fan, is the jacuzzi bath in the suite any good or just a gimmick?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 4:12 PM, smokey01 said:

Thanks it’s really only the noise issue I’m concerned about. Enjoy your cruise

I have returned and can report no noise issues at all. You do feel a rumble when entering or leaving a port but that doesn't last long and wasn't an issue. 

I did a recording from the balcony and all you can hear is the ocean and the wake from the ship. 

Very good nights sleep. Enjoy your upcoming cruise. 

I'm uploading the videos and will update with a link when they go live. 

• Like 2

Never did a breakfast in the suite as the Epicurean was so good for breakfast. 

Did room service for lunch on a few days as that was easy and very good choices.

The whirlpool bath is soo good that we are looking at having one installed at home. Not a gimmick at all and a nice large size with decent jets. Enjoy!

• Like 1

SausPud, hope you enjoyed your cruise and I look forward to seeing your YouTube videos of the cabin etc.  Breakfast sounds good too. Pam

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SausPud said:

Never did a breakfast in the suite as the Epicurean was so good for breakfast. 

Did room service for lunch on a few days as that was easy and very good choices.

The whirlpool bath is soo good that we are looking at having one installed at home. Not a gimmick at all and a nice large size with decent jets. Enjoy!

Excellent news about no noise in the suite. Glad you enjoyed the Epicurean breakfast. I have seen the menu for Ventura Epicurean breakfast and there are somethings missing from our normal preferences e.g. baked beans, hash browns and porridge, not big issues but do you think they are things that could be asked for, oh and onions in my omelette?

I’m a jacuzzi lover so your description of the whirlpool bath is encouraging.

At the moment we cannot book a cruise due to medical reasons so if things change and we can book last minute I suspect any suites that are available would be the dreaded deck 14 suites under the pool decks. Now some people on Faceache report no noise issues. Can anyone on cruise critic concur?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smokey01 said:

baked beans, hash browns and porridge, not big issues but do you think they are things that could be asked for, oh and onions in my omelette?

Never had a problem with baked beans for breakfast in Epicurean. If there is an item that you want that is not on the menu but is elsewhere on the ship then they will go and get it for you - however there will be a delay in doing so. If it is something that you want every day then after the first couple of days it will be there as if by magic - even if you don't want it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SausPud said:

I have returned and can report no noise issues at all. You do feel a rumble when entering or leaving a port but that doesn't last long and wasn't an issue. 

I did a recording from the balcony and all you can hear is the ocean and the wake from the ship. 

Very good nights sleep. Enjoy your upcoming cruise. 

I'm uploading the videos and will update with a link when they go live. 

Im interested in watching your video.  Im booked into an aft facing balcony cabin B748.  Always wanted to try an aft facing cabin and this came up at a good price.  I was suspicious as to why it was so cheap and wondered if it had noise issues but everyone staying in aft says there is no noise so im looking forward (or backwards 🙂 ) to this trip.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smokey01 said:

At the moment we cannot book a cruise due to medical reasons so if things change and we can book last minute I suspect any suites that are available would be the dreaded deck 14 suites under the pool decks. Now some people on Faceache report no noise issues. Can anyone on cruise critic concur?

Deck 14 is the pool deck, we have stayed in A750 below and can confirm that there was no noise from the pool above but the chances of getting a suite last minute are practically none unless someone cancels.

22 hours ago, david63 said:

Are the butlers not doing lunch in the suite any more?

Yes, they still are, sorry I thought that was implied as it's a suite and the Butler is the best way of getting room service.

21 hours ago, PAMJP said:

SausPud, hope you enjoyed your cruise and I look forward to seeing your YouTube videos of the cabin etc.  Breakfast sounds good too. Pam

Just uploaded the Cabin Tour, also check out my other videos if you want to as well (Dolphins, Tobbaggon ride, ships wakes, puffins etc)

Here is the link

enjoy. Don't forget to like and comment if you want to. 

Thanks

18 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Excellent news about no noise in the suite. Glad you enjoyed the Epicurean breakfast. I have seen the menu for Ventura Epicurean breakfast and there are somethings missing from our normal preferences e.g. baked beans, hash browns and porridge, not big issues but do you think they are things that could be asked for, oh and onions in my omelette?

I’m a jacuzzi lover so your description of the whirlpool bath is encouraging.

I have the video of the wake and this is all the noise you can hear if on the balcony, if inside and the doors are closed, then there is nothing. 

And seeing that the bed is on the opposite wall of the adjourning cabin, they do not make any noise either. 

4 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

Im interested in watching your video.  Im booked into an aft facing balcony cabin B748.  Always wanted to try an aft facing cabin and this came up at a good price.  I was suspicious as to why it was so cheap and wondered if it had noise issues but everyone staying in aft says there is no noise so im looking forward (or backwards 🙂 ) to this trip.

See the posts above for the videos. 

Speaking to other guests there were no issues for any of them with noise.

• Like 1

With the Breakfast menu, some items are hidden off the menu (same in the MDR but not always available) 

I was able to order 

Baked Beans

Hash Browns

Eggs Benedict

Ham in the omelette

not sure about the onions, but had red onion in my side salad, so they are onboard (unlike some drink items from the bars and coffee shop) 

Just ask and see what happens, no idea why baked beans were hidden and they were Heinz ones as well. Yum.

Posted (edited)

Also you can change the items on the room service menu with your Butler.

We added pepperoni to the chicken, mushroom & sweetcorn pizza.

And highly recommend the doughnuts, but use the napkins as the jam is oozing out with every bite.

Yum

Edited by SausPud
typo

2 hours ago, SausPud said:

I have the video of the wake and this is all the noise you can hear if on the balcony, if inside and the doors are closed, then there is nothing. 

And seeing that the bed is on the opposite wall of the adjourning cabin, they do not make any noise either. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

We had a penthouse suite on A deck aft and had no noise issues at all, although it wasn’t a warm weather cruise so deck chairs weren’t in use. Conversely, friends had a midships suite on a different cruise and vowed never to book one again, as they were disturbed early every morning by the crew dragging the deck chairs around.

P.S. Being two decks above the rear entertainment lounge doesn’t always guarantee no noise issues. We had an aft corner wrap suite on F deck on Britannia and the noise from the Live Lounge (2 decks below), particularly when live acts were performing, was excessive. We had other issues with that suite as well (vibration rattles, plumbing noises and soot on the balcony), but none of these issues on Ventura. 

• Like 1