£22 Iona Sindhu menu

I ate in Sindhu on Iona a few weeks ago. The menu was different to Aurora and imo, not as good, but I still enjoyed it very much. I got the 20% off.

I also ate in the Beach House and had the fajitas which were absolutely yummy. I like the lava steak but 10oz is far too big and I wish they did a smaller option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I ate in Sindhu on Iona a few weeks ago. The menu was different to Aurora and imo, not as good, but I still enjoyed it very much. I got the 20% off.

I also ate in the Beach House and had the fajitas which were absolutely yummy. I like the lava steak but 10oz is far too big and I wish they did a smaller option.

A poster on another forum said he and his wife shared a 10oz lava steak on Aurora recently, only paying one supplement, but no idea if they could have had a second main course as well.

We will maybe have to wait for @TigerB 's next cruise to find that out.😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

A poster on another forum said he and his wife shared a 10oz lava steak on Aurora recently, only paying one supplement, but no idea if they could have had a second main course as well.

We will maybe have to wait for @TigerB 's next cruise to find that out.😉

Is that you suggesting I'm a greedy fat knacker, John? The cheek of it!😯  Well, I suppose if the cap fits!😉

I certainly won't be sharing a steak with our lass; I don't eat meat.  That poster and his missus though would have been entitled to another main; after all, they have paid for three courses each. If they thought they were perhaps saving money by splitting the steak, paying the one supplement, and foregoing the other main, suggests to me they're not from Yorkshire!😉

Edited by TigerB
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

We eat there at least twice per cruise. What didn't you like. The Lava block fillet is brilliant. It's normally pretty full, so is quite popular. What's your favourite speciality restaurant ?.

The smell of the fat burning on the lava stones turns my stomach. The greasy smoke makes my eyes stream constantly and, the ratatouille type vegetables swimming in oil are awful. I've been twice on two different ships and my reaction has been the same.

I've tried Epicurean, Sindhu and The Limelight Club. Thought The Epicurean was gimmicky enjoyed Sindhu and can't remember the food in The Limelight Club. None of them were worth paying extra for.

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

Is that you suggesting I'm a greedy fat knacker, John? The cheek of it!😯  Well, I suppose if the cap fits!😉

I certainly won't be sharing a steak with our lass; I don't eat meat.  That poster and his missus though would have been entitled to another main; after all, they have paid for three courses each. If they thought they were perhaps saving money by splitting the steak, paying the one supplement, and foregoing the other main, suggests to me they're not from Yorkshire!😉

No they are not from Yorkshire, but I guess if they only had one main, the choice was made because they felt half the 10 oz fillet was enough, I know it would be for me.

On 7/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, terrierjohn said:

I was not impressed with our last 2 visits to Sindhu on Iona, most dishes seem far to dry for my taste and, although I am sure TV  cooks would probably drool about the exotic flavours, I found them a bit too bland. I don't like over hot dishes, but I do prefer some sort of spicy flavour.

This was our take.

Just bland ordinary food. 

We were thankful we hadnt paid for it

13 hours ago, FangedRose said:

The smell of the fat burning on the lava stones turns my stomach. The greasy smoke makes my eyes stream constantly and, the ratatouille type vegetables swimming in oil are awful. I've been twice on two different ships and my reaction has been the same.

I've tried Epicurean, Sindhu and The Limelight Club. Thought The Epicurean was gimmicky enjoyed Sindhu and can't remember the food in The Limelight Club. None of them were worth paying extra for.

Oh dear. Apparently from that was it all OK?.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, FangedRose said:

The smell of the fat burning on the lava stones turns my stomach.

I'm definitely with you on that. It's awful.

We go in early and always hope that nearby tables don't order it. We did try it once when we dined outdoors and enjoyed it, but won't be ordering it inside, ever!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm definitely with you on that. It's awful.

We go in early and always hope that nearby tables don't order it. We did try it once when we dined outdoors and enjoyed it, but won't be ordering it inside, ever!

Yup! Definitely an occasion to wear something you don't intend to wear again, or is going in the laundry.  When our lass has it I ask to be seated eight tables away.😉

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Yup! Definitely an occasion to wear something you don't intend to wear again, or is going in the laundry.  When our lass has it I ask to be seated eight tables away.😉

Ha ha. Years ago our clothes smelt of cigarette smoke from nearby smokers when in a restaurant. Now it’s the smell of fat from steak on lava stones - how times have changed! 🤣🤣😮‍💨

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Ha ha. Years ago our clothes smelt of cigarette smoke from nearby smokers when in a restaurant. Now it’s the smell of fat from steak on lava stones - how times have changed! 🤣🤣😮‍💨

Some 40+ years ago now a pub near us was one of the first to have an 'open' kitchen so that the diners could see the food being cooked,your hair & clothes used to stink afterwards,mainly of chip fat!

For me the Lava Rock thing is a pain,tried it once & it just reminded us how long it seems when you are waiting for your food to cook,not only that but we didn't pay all that money to do the cooking myself,what next...The washing up!😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3