MSC Yacht Club as a solo

pebbles1102

Has anyone sailed in MSC Yacht club for a Bahamas (3 night) cruise as a solo?  Do you dine alone, or can you be put at a table with other people?

Any advice is appreciated.

It's not typical to share a table in the YC restaurant but we've done it several times.   Sometimes with couples and others with solos.  It might be hard to meet others on such a short cruise. Talk to the maître d' and possibly the concierge. 

Posted (edited)

you will not be automatically be seated with others.  
I’ve been invited by other pax to join them at dinner when they saw I was solo.  But I don’t mind dining alone. 

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Sailed YC Solo in the past, I got an amazing lone table.  Although, because I am naturally social, I did get invited (politely declined) to dine with many other patrons I met from the Top Sail.  Sailing solo is so much fun!

17 hours ago, pebbles1102 said:

Has anyone sailed in MSC Yacht club for a Bahamas (3 night) cruise as a solo?  Do you dine alone, or can you be put at a table with other people?

I would suggest you would have a wonderful time, the Yacht Club is lovely, you should be able to visit with others in the Lounge, and as suggested “ask” about dining seating possibilities, staff is very willing to do best to accommodate requests.

On 7/2/2024 at 2:56 PM, pebbles1102 said:

I sat alone, as others mentioned they won't seat you with someone automatically. However I did start talking to another solo cruiser and we requested to sit together which they were ok with.

Posted (edited)

I apologize if this is a weird question... What is the etiquette on accepting an invitation for joining a couple/family/group at their table? Do you eat with them one night, the rest of the cruise, a couple nights?

I cruised semi-solo two years ago, and a nice couple offered me a seat at their dinner table, with two other couples that they were friends with. I accepted, and ate dinner with them each night for the remainder of the cruise. It worked out that time; we even met up during the day and played games and did trivia together. I just was not sure if that was the proper thing to do.

Thank you!

Edited by TheBeardedCruiser

6 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Do you eat with them one night, the rest of the cruise, a couple nights?

I would have asked if they minded my joining them again on the second night to make sure it was okay.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2024 at 2:56 PM, pebbles1102 said:

I have done 17 Yacht Club cruises since August 2021, 15 of them solo. I have been able to eat both ways, all at my choice. I have met some wonderful people on my cruises and shared tables with them, but I have also done some cruises where I really did not connect with anyone and was seated by myself when I requested it. As a matter of fact, on my 11-night Meraviglia reposition cruise, the hostess, who I knew well from many previous cruises, always saved the middle seat right at the front window for me.

• Like 4

I've done YC as a solo and have done both - joined a group and dined alone.  Love both options.  I do find, however, that I enjoy finding another solo (Diamond) member to go to Butcher's Cut with.  I guess that I'm fine being solo within the "bubble" of YC and their attentive service, but enjoy having company when dining in a specialty restaurant where the treatment might potentially not be as special.

• Like 3