Traditional dining 7:30 shared

Rudy888

Trying to book traditional shared table 7:30 PM Enchanted Princess Feb. 2 ,20 25. The AP will not allow. Can book the 5pm. Had a similar problem on Enchanted Feb. 2023. Then , no traditional dining , would not booked shared after 6pm. We just booked a time 7pm and asked for a shared table when we arrived. Sometimes it worked. Other times not. Back then, not same table or waiter

Now if I book, I am booking same private table with same waiter. I can ask but sharing does not seem to be an option.

What is the problem?

I’ve had the same problem for traditional dining at 7:30. I can book a private table but not shared for both of our upcoming cruises. I’m assuming it’s a glitch but also speculate perhaps Princess is waiting to see how many large parties will request late traditional dining and adjust after they know. If I’m remembering correctly, it used to be hard to get a table for two with traditional dining. But after COVID, a lot of tables for two were added for safety. So maybe the dining room is configured for couples now and Princess hasn’t considered reconfiguring the dining room with the return of traditional dining. This is pure speculation on my part.

1 hour ago, Rudy888 said:

Trying to book traditional shared table 7:30 PM Enchanted Princess Feb. 2 ,20 25. The AP will not allow. Can book the 5pm. Had a similar problem on Enchanted Feb. 2023. Then , no traditional dining , would not booked shared after 6pm. We just booked a time 7pm and asked for a shared table when we arrived. Sometimes it worked. Other times not. Back then, not same table or waiter

Now if I book, I am booking same private table with same waiter. I can ask but sharing does not seem to be an option.

What is the problem?

Yes, I see that is the case on the Enchanted, Santorini TD. 
They only offer private tables for the 730pm seating.  

I would book whatever you can book now and change it, if it opens up.

Very strange.  It could be an error or a test for bookings in TD to see how it books up. IDK.

Thought I would try and book a reservation every night same time, shared table but not traditional (same table, same wait staff, same tablemates). Could not book a shared table past 6:20pm. It might work but what is the problem with sharing tables with traditional and reserved dining after a certain time?

Posted (edited)

@Rudy888

Who knows what this new dining system is up to? You are  definitely not the only one that wants to dine later at a shared table.

I am showing that quite a few of the ships second seating in traditional and the later reservations in the reservable dining room a.k.a. the one that you can book every 20 minutes is private table only.

And this is what I am observing on different ships ,not just the ship that you’re cruising on which is I believe you said the Enchanted.

I hope prior to your cruise you get exactly what you want dining wise or once onboard.

Maybe Princess is going by statistics … Supply & demand?

Nobody knows their formula because they haven’t said anything that I’ve seen,not that I’ve seen all .

Perhaps they think that passengers that want a later time to dine ,want a private table and not at a shared table ?maybe that is their experience from the past few years?

Anyones guess.

Edited by arizonaperson

Royal (Dec 2024) and Discovery (Feb 2026)

Reservable dining (in 20min intervals) private and shared options until (and incl.) 6.20pm. Later than that only private. 

• Thanks 1

It does not matter where or how you book.  Timed dining for NOW is private table only except for earliest time slot.

Had exactly this last December pre cruise.  On board - chaos the first night as groups were sorted out.  Second night people were mostly in their groups with reservations or walk up.  Third night things were smooth.

Way too much stress about dining reservations.  Once you board simply see the Maitre D and get it sorted.  If from two reservations you could both book the same time slots.

And I agree the roll out of the new - same as 20 years ago LOL - system has been pretty ^#%%.