invite to special breakfast

On our recent Quantum cruise, we were invited to a special breakfast.  As we got to know the MDR staff and knew my wife was Filipino, they mentioned the head chef is from the Philippines also and likes to do a special breakfast when there are a good number of Filipino passengers.  Ultimately we received an invitation at our stateroom door.

It was a very nice breakfast in the back of Silk.  It was Tapsilog which is flavorful beef, garlic rice and a runny egg.  I am getting hungry just writing about it.

I am not sure how often they do events like this but it was much appreciated- something totally above and beyond that they certainly don't have to do and I would imagine takes some planning to orchestrate. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a6a4f3d0483298a300ec59e727de694b.jpeg

• Like 10

I've never read anything like this before! What a neat idea and way to bring community to what is otherwise a very individual (or small group) experience.

• Like 2

That truly was a special breakfast. Kudos to the Food & Beverage Director. With all of the cuts being made it is wonderful to see that some staff members are still going above and beyond the call of duty.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, irun5k said:

On our recent Quantum cruise, we were invited to a special breakfast.  As we got to know the MDR staff and knew my wife was Filipino, they mentioned the head chef is from the Philippines also and likes to do a special breakfast when there are a good number of Filipino passengers.  Ultimately we received an invitation at our stateroom door.

It was a very nice breakfast in the back of Silk.  It was Tapsilog which is flavorful beef, garlic rice and a runny egg.  I am getting hungry just writing about it.

I am not sure how often they do events like this but it was much appreciated- something totally above and beyond that they certainly don't have to do and I would imagine takes some planning to orchestrate. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a6a4f3d0483298a300ec59e727de694b.jpeg

We used to have something similar as an invite 2 or 3 times pre-covid!

• Like 1

We received a similar invitation on a cruise. The maitre d came to our table at dinner and asked us if we would like the attend the breakfast the next day. Amazing Filipino food. 

• Like 2

One of our DIL's is Filipino and she would probably love that.  She'll eat just about anything anyway which is typical as they use all the animal when possible.  Like chicken feet lol.  I hadn't heart about the breakfast before.