Live from the Land of Princess

Guess what? Tomorrow I get to do whatever I feel like in each moment! We are in Halifax. I just came from Canada and today I had to submit a customs form to get back into Canada.

Maybe I will sleep in since I don’t have an invitation to an event.

Maybe I’ll wake up early and have breakfast in the dining room.(kidding. We all know that isn’t going to happen.)

I am definitely going to get a latte at Good Spirits. 

I am definitely going to read my book.

Whatever else happens is a bonus.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

So every night he is going to make a Key Lime Pie cocktail and a Butterfly Tea?

Each “show” is meant to be a cocktail or two from the special menu. The full drink (not sample) is usually given to someone at the bar. Maybe things have changed but certainly last October I got many of those “demo” drinks!

• Like 1

I also managed to acquire the recipe cards with instructions of how to make each drink. I was told these are not for sale nor available to passengers/public. Yet I have a full set. I’m saying no more..,

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The production show should have started at 9:30 and ended at 10 PM.  30 minute performances.

Most Production shows should be around 45 minutes. Some have been amended for a ‘short’ version for various reasons and the short version will be performed.

Sometimes the show will also be amended because of an injury or illness of one or more performers.

I know the show with the Cyndi Lauper song True Colors, this song was eliminated because supposedly there was backlash regarding non Asian Dancers dressed in Kimonos. 

• Like 1

The show was supposed to be on from 9:30-10:15. That’s a 45 minute production. What actually happened on stage was about half that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Most Production shows should be around 45 minutes. Some have been amended for a ‘short’ version for various reasons and the short version will be performed.

Sometimes the show will also be amended because of an injury or illness of one or more performers.

I know the show with the Cyndi Lauper song True Colors, this song was eliminated because supposedly there was backlash regarding non Asian Dancers dressed in Kimonos. 

I actually felt there was too much cultural appropriation in Do You Wanna Dance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YVRteacher said:

I actually felt there was too much cultural appropriation in Do You Wanna Dance. 

That’s sad! This was a show I loved! I wonder if it’s changed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I also managed to acquire the recipe cards with instructions of how to make each drink. I was told these are not for sale nor available to passengers/public. Yet I have a full set. I’m saying no more..,

You used to be able to get the recipe card if you ordered one of the cocktails and Princess would award you a ‘Good Spirits’ T shirt if you collected them all. This program has been discontinued, but some ships still have a supply of the recipe cards and if they do, asking nicely can result in acquisition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is why being a new cruiser is great! I didn’t even know I was missing out on something or that a cutback had happened so I’m not even perturbed.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

You used to be able to get the recipe card if you ordered one of the cocktails and Princess would award you a ‘Good Spirits’ T shirt if you collected them all. This program has been discontinued, but some ships still have a supply of the recipe cards and if they do, asking nicely can result in acquisition.

I guess there are also “other” means of acquiring them. IYKYK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

One 'heads-up' about the Good Spirits bar. We were told their 'special drink menu' is only available certain hours---after 5 or so I think? 

I found this annoying as of course, the only time I thought of going there was at 3 in the afternoon on a sea day....

🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Try the violet cloud for an experience. It's $16--so they charge you the difference plus gratuity (for a total of $1.18).

Be prepared for long tender lines in Greenland. My advice would be to get up early and get a tender ticket at 7 a.m. In Nanortalik two years ago, there were people who had been waiting more than three hours for a tender when I got back to the ship.

• Like 1

I realise that some of what I wrote last night didn't make sense (blame it on the beer festival I had just returned from). To be clear, the Coco-Cafe drink at Good Spirits sounds yummy from the description and "should' be one of my faves, given the ingredients. Sadly, it was not. Maybe I should order again (for research purposes).

• Like 4

Switching back and forth between the NCL and Princess boards is the most exercise I've had in the last month. But I have to keep up with the adventures of @YVRteacher (and Dad, when he's participating...which, unfortunately he's not this time).

CC can be exhausting for an old guy such as yours truly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12