Live from the Land of Princess

You know how I feel about lines!

Why do they schedule Arts and Crafts and Afternoon Tea at the same time? Those are the two best parts of the day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I also left out the one where the US flag was backwards.

This is the type of door decoration that can cause issues. People are stupid. You are on a cruise. Keep your decorations neutral. All it will take is for one person to complain loudly for the ship to say all decorations have to go.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

NCL does a better job of accommodating solo cruisers in terms of rates and cabin options and having options that don’t involve a double fare.

This is my concern about Princess. I am looking at cruises in Asia for next year and found one I like on NCL at a reasonable solo price. I then saw another one on Princess which I liked a little bit more. It was priced for 2 people but when I went back and put one person, it showed this type of cabin was 'sold out'. So it's available for 2 but not 1?  

I understand that they are missing out on possible additional revenue with only one person in the cabin but if I am willing to pay double the price, it's not going to be that much! I have seen the same on MSC for a solo cabin. RCL and Celebrity are not charging 220% solo supplement and I refuse to pay that. 

I am going to keep my eye on this Princess cruise to see if maybe it will accept one person in the cabin (at double the cost). Or do you think it might be possible for a TA to help with this or possibly calling Princess directly?

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Day 13 (I already know I’m not going to want to disembark on July 26!)

IMG_7733.thumb.jpeg.5e9a7c78984ecb41fe11a0e687c615b9.jpeg

IMG_7734.thumb.jpeg.825969fef6c913978b2f01e08db16ffe.jpeg

I see Zumba is still offered in the morning.  NO NO NO.  Do not attempt this.  I went to 1 Zumba session about 5 years ago and nearly died.  It really should be restricted for creatures between 12 and 19 years of age or Olympic athletes.  You have been warned 🤪

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

This is my concern about Princess. I am looking at cruises in Asia for next year and found one I like on NCL at a reasonable solo price. I then saw another one on Princess which I liked a little bit more. It was priced for 2 people but when I went back and put one person, it showed this type of cabin was 'sold out'. So it's available for 2 but not 1?  

I understand that they are missing out on possible additional revenue with only one person in the cabin but if I am willing to pay double the price, it's not going to be that much! I have seen the same on MSC for a solo cabin. RCL and Celebrity are not charging 220% solo supplement and I refuse to pay that. 

I am going to keep my eye on this Princess cruise to see if maybe it will accept one person in the cabin (at double the cost). Or do you think it might be possible for a TA to help with this or possibly calling Princess directly?

Just book another person who ends up being a no show. Problem solved.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Or do you think it might be possible for a TA to help with this or possibly calling Princess directly?

Yes, I would check with a TA or a Princess Vacation Cruise Planner.  There are several recommended on other sites. 

• Thanks 1

This morning I explored the shops. Of course I ended up in the EFFY store. I have some onboard credit. We are talking a few hundred dollars. Enough for a shore excursion. Or, I thought, a diamond bracelet.

The bracelet I fell in love with cost $16000.00.  

My luxury taste on a camping budget continues.

• Haha 17

32 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

This morning I explored the shops. Of course I ended up in the EFFY store. I have some onboard credit. We are talking a few hundred dollars. Enough for a shore excursion. Or, I thought, a diamond bracelet.

So did you buy it? 🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

We got a beautiful ring on one of our trips when they first started EFFY on board. Never again we shagged through two states to finally pick it up at a FedEx distribution center because they wouldn't send it to us unless we paid additional shipping costs. Plus it was also five weeks later than agreed to. You saved yourself some frustration.

The plus it was worth what we paid for it when my husband had it appraised for our insurance.

• Like 3

@debenson0723

Definitely call a Cruise Vacation Planner, 1-800-901-1172

Just take the one you get and work with them as they will be likely to cut through the snags in trying to book a solo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We got a beautiful ring on one of our trips when they first started EFFY on board. Never again we shagged through two states to finally pick it up at a FedEx distribution center because they wouldn't send it to us unless we paid additional shipping costs. Plus it was also five weeks later than agreed to. You saved yourself some frustration.

The plus it was worth what we paid for it when my husband had it appraised for our insurance.

So you don’t get it the day you buy it?

I skipped lunch so I could enjoy afternoon tea.

Yes, I brought my own Prosecco with pineapple 

IMG_7745.thumb.jpeg.52b41ca5f1476e44333a6b1eb0139655.jpeg

IMG_7742.thumb.jpeg.e516fef677b2c6091d9ff9592544e313.jpeg

I love how they keep the scones warm by nestling them into a basket with a napkin

blanket

IMG_7743.thumb.jpeg.b6abb6bbca16b64635ca7058025c2653.jpeg

Today we enjoyed raspberry jam instead of strawberry.

IMG_7746.thumb.jpeg.1acf22a9c45166dd68c21a797614045f.jpeg

IMG_7744.thumb.jpeg.935e7067594ad199344884f0f4889cef.jpeg

Everything went well until I accidentally ate a raisin. Blech.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

I haven’t coloured since the pandemic when I would go and visit my dad and we coloured and painted and played Scrabble together in the sunroom where he lives.

I enjoyed chatting with other passengers while colouring and being focused on something non-stressful.  Many passengers brought their own mindful hobbies on board such as watercolours, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, embroidery and needlepoint.

Once again I placed my art in the Park West gallery and it fetched a pretty price.

IMG_7749.thumb.jpeg.8b8e2fe1223a0dc41218c5fc50687087.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

@YVRteacher
my mom buys EFFY jewelry all the time on Princess and she has always received her purchase right then and there.

The poster that said they had to go to a FedEx distribution center to pick it up….They did say when EFFY started on the ship ( Princess) ,so that was a long time ago ,not current.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I skipped lunch so I could enjoy afternoon tea.

Yes, I brought my own Prosecco with pineapple

I'm starting to detect a pattern...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5