Any cabins you wouldn’t book on Insignia

Shami

I just booked our first Oceania cruise. It is on the Insignia - we really liked the itinerary. Of the cabins available, we chose Concierge Balcony 7100. Has anyone stayed in that cabin and could comment on noise or other negatives or positives. Really looking forward to this sailing. Mostly sailed Celebrity before.

Thank you for your input.

My husband just reminded me that we were in this room during our covid cruise.  We had to test for covid before we went, when we got to Istanbul, then again in Israel.   Although we'd tested negative in our previous tests, we tested positive in Israel.  We were both asymptomatic although my husband had a slight cough. 

Anyway, we know the room very well as we spent 6 days in the room in quarantine.  It was very quiet except the couple next to us also were also quarantined had some anger issues with being together in a small room for six days.  He'd go out on the balcony, which was right next to us, and we could hear all with just a partition to separate us.  She'd lock him out of the room when he was on the balcony.  He'd bang on the door and scream at her.  This was our only real noise problem and it occurred only during the day.  Otherwise, the cabin was fine, and this did give us a few moments of entertainment.  But we heard very little noise other than that.  It was a comfortable room during a very uncomfortable time.

By the way, I had my moment too.  I threw the water that was left in the ice bucket one morning at my husband.  At least it was in the bathroom, so it was easy to clean up and for a few minutes it made me feel better although he told me I was behaving childish.

• Haha 4

We have not sailed in 7100, but have sailed in 7104 for 22 days.  Our favorite locations on all Oceania ships is aft, midway between aft elevators and Owners Suites.  Very quiet hallway and none of the motion that may be experienced far forward.  We like a little motion and find it calming though.  Some say there are vibrations in the aft area cabins, but we only notice at times during docking and we are usually up for the morning by then. Aft elevators are typically less crowded than fwd elevators (just our experience).  And as already mentioned, it is nice to be on the same floor as laundry, but do not forget your three Concierge complimentary bags of laundry. 

We have our 24th Oceania cruise booked and I would say you have booked in our favorite neighborhood.  (unless, of course, a bargain pops up and we need to move to a different location).

Enjoy your cruise and welcome to Oceania!

• Like 1

I won’t book any PH cabins on Deck 8 Starboard side from under mid Terrace Cafe to end of Waves.

Those are the odd number rooms and don’t apply to the port side even numbered rooms.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I won’t book any PH cabins on Deck 8 Starboard side from under mid Terrace Cafe to end of Waves.

Those are the odd number rooms and don’t apply to the port side even numbered rooms.

Is that because of noise from above? Good to know in the event of a move up offer.

Thank you all for your responses. We can’t wait to sail Oceania!

If you want to check a cabin you can always pop over to the Azamara forum as their R ships are (nearly always) identical to Oceania’s.

7100 has got good reviews 

happy planning 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

If you want to check a cabin you can always pop over to the Azamara forum as their R ships are (nearly always) identical to Oceania’s.

7100 has got good reviews 

happy planning 

Be careful and cross check the cabin numbers, as they may not be the same on O as on AZ.  For example, 8048 on AZ is an inside, but a PH on O.

R ships are small in many ways. Fewer guests is nice.  Cabin size is also small. Ok if you don’t mind being cozy.  Bathrooms are very compact. We sailed on R ships many times and liked it. Insignia is an R ship. However, once we sailed on Marina, we stopped booking R ships. Marina, Riviera, and Vista are bigger than Insignia.  They carry more guests. The cabins are bigger. On some cruise lines, they would be considered a suite.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

R ships are small in many ways. Fewer guests is nice.  Cabin size is also small. Ok if you don’t mind being cozy.  Bathrooms are very compact. We sailed on R ships many times and liked it. Insignia is an R ship. However, once we sailed on Marina, we stopped booking R ships. Marina, Riviera, and Vista are bigger than Insignia.  They carry more guests. The cabins are bigger. On some cruise lines, they would be considered a suite.  

I have to agree with you. Our first trip was on the Riviera then we sailed on an R ship in  a PH and we were smitten. Loved the R ships for 7 or 8 sailings  until we tried the Riviera again in late 2022, after 22 days on the Nautica a couple of months earlier. Just loved the Riviera and this was pre refit. 

Marina in May was lovely despite the disappointment that the refurbishment wasn’t as extensive as the Riviera’s. Not too disappointed as we’re sailing on her again in October!

Thought more about the issue.  Do not book Oceanview cabins on deck 6. They are very small and are completely blocked by tenders.  They only get some outside light around the edges of the tender.