Celebrity Constellation - strange prices for The Retreat?

Les43

We were looking to book a Celebrity Suite on Connie in summer 2025 for a cruise to Italy and Croatia. We have discovered that a Royal Suite (with all the upper suite add ons)  is £600 CHEAPER than a Celebrity Suite. Looks like we are going to have our first stay in a RS but seems odd that it is cheaper than the level below. Anyone else found this anomaly? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Les43 said:

We were looking to book a Celebrity Suite on Connie in summer 2025 for a cruise to Italy and Croatia. We have discovered that a Royal Suite (with all the upper suite add ons)  is £600 CHEAPER than a Celebrity Suite. Looks like we are going to have our first stay in a RS but seems odd that it is cheaper than the level below. Anyone else found this anomaly? 

Jump on it, as IT is giving you a gift!

• Like 6

I've not seen it with cruise pricing, but I've seen it on airfare where economy fares overlap first or business. Different fare classes but sometimes the same fare rules.

They're probably running separate dynamic pricing for different cabin categories. Demand is high enough for Celebrity Suites to bump that price up but not high enough for Royal Suites, so the pricing model is creating overlapping pricing. That should be an easy if/then fix (if the price of a RS is less than a CS, then raise the price of the RS). But if they haven't done that, buy now. It'll change...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Are you possibly looking at non refundable on the RS and refundable on the CS?

No, the RS is refundable. 

39 minutes ago, Les43 said:

No, the RS is refundable. 

When someone gives you a gift, you accept it.  Just saying….  Celebrity is great at dynamic pricing.  See the recent thread about different wine prices for lunch and dinner.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When someone gives you a gift, you accept it.  Just saying….  Celebrity is great at dynamic pricing.  See the recent thread about different wine prices for lunch and dinner.

Thank you and we have!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markeb said:

I've not seen it with cruise pricing, but I've seen it on airfare where economy fares overlap first or business. Different fare classes but sometimes the same fare rules.

They're probably running separate dynamic pricing for different cabin categories. Demand is high enough for Celebrity Suites to bump that price up but not high enough for Royal Suites, so the pricing model is creating overlapping pricing. That should be an easy if/then fix (if the price of a RS is less than a CS, then raise the price of the RS). But if they haven't done that, buy now. It'll change...

5 hours ago, Les43 said:

Thank you and we have!!!

DH and I have had that experience in the past where RS was cheaper than CS, so we jumped on it!  (Certainly pulled us in to try upper benefit suites😂)