Double Up CruiseNext 28 Jun - 9 Jul 2024

Posted (edited)

Cruise Next limited time -  makes for an even happier Independence Day for the cruise-addicted 🛳️🥳🎆🎇

IMG_1786.thumb.jpeg.43e49faedfedf2d87cf2f18d2d1b49af.jpeg

Edited by ColdCruise
Removed giant image
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Middleager said:

This is good for people having and wanting to use CN.

Haven't seen double up CruiseFirst for a long time.

That's because there is no such thing as double up for cruise first. Instead, they change the pricing - sometimes you can buy $500 certificates.

24 minutes ago, julig22 said:

That's because there is no such thing as double up for cruise first. Instead, they change the pricing - sometimes you can buy $500 certificates.

Thanks...that is what I thought but then sometimes I can't keep up.  I did buy a Cruise First this week on their $500 for $250 sale that ends on the 7th. Planning on using it next year if I find something for the right price/itinerary.

31 minutes ago, julig22 said:

There certainly had been double up for CFs before.  I had taken advantage of that before.  That is, was able to use two CF certs.

• Like 1

This is just for, limited to balcony and up/higher categories ... which, unless I'm mistaken, has been ongoing and around, valid for most bookings 4 months ahead or further out.  

Better "offer" is when it is DoubleUp for ANY stateroom promo ... (which is usually not promoted during the busy summer weeks) ... maybe, NCL will do that in the Fall for off-peak travel on select ships & sailings, if and assuming booking numbers are softening and finance looking for ways to pump up their financials for the next quarterly forecasts/outlook.  

Beginning to see more informercial ads about NCL sailings in the very competitive Asia markets ... with a Taiwan partnership and chartered sailings, hmmm.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Middleager said:

There certainly had been double up for CFs before.  I had taken advantage of that before.  That is, was able to use two CF certs.

Maybe the rules are different in Canada. There is a TA from Canada on another site that continues to post that in order to use a CF you have to book 120 days prior to the cruise - which isn't what the US rules say.

But I've never seen a CF doubleUp offer.

19 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Maybe the rules are different in Canada. There is a TA from Canada on another site that continues to post that in order to use a CF you have to book 120 days prior to the cruise - which isn't what the US rules say.

It's the same rule for US and Canada.  I remember seeing some rules about 120 days, but people (including me) had been able to book within 120 days.  An NCL agent also mentioned that 120 rule, but the website allows you to apply CF.

It was in 2022 when I was able to use two Cruise First certs.  Maybe it was because NCL and other cruiselines were recoverying from Covid. 

In 2023 I took one cruise in Jan., and another in Nov.  I wasn't paying attention to the other times of the year, so didn't notice if there were CF double-ups.

Maybe NCL stops doing CF double-ups nowadays, but they certainly had done it before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Better "offer" is when it is DoubleUp for ANY stateroom promo ... (which is usually not promoted during the busy summer weeks) ... maybe, NCL will do that in the Fall for off-peak travel on select ships & sailings, if and assuming booking numbers are softening and finance looking for ways to pump up their financials for the next quarterly forecasts/outlook.  

They seem to alternate it. When this one expires, the next two weeks will be for any stateroom, then when that expires, back to the balcony and above, and so forth.

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

It's the same rule for US and Canada.  I remember seeing some rules about 120 days, but people (including me) had been able to book within 120 days.  An NCL agent also mentioned that 120 rule, but the website allows you to apply CF.

It was in 2022 when I was able to use two Cruise First certs.  Maybe it was because NCL and other cruiselines were recoverying from Covid. 

In 2023 I took one cruise in Jan., and another in Nov.  I wasn't paying attention to the other times of the year, so didn't notice if there were CF double-ups.

Maybe NCL stops doing CF double-ups nowadays, but they certainly had done it before.

Yea, I kinda figured they were the same. I suspect any "double-up" with CF went away when they introduced the "double value" certificates. They are pretty strict about how much of a discount they will give you, capped at $250 regardless of what certificates you use. Except for the somewhat rare "triple up" for CN.

I was just trying to figure out how a TA who claims to be "a responible Travel Agent who says she is "well educated in NCL policy and have my Masters Degree thru NCLU" can't distinguish between the requirement to purchase 120 days in advance vs her assertion that the booking must be 120 days in advance.

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 9:10 PM, mking8288 said:

This is just for, limited to balcony and up/higher categories ... which, unless I'm mistaken, has been ongoing and around, valid for most bookings 4 months ahead or further out.  

Beginning to see more informercial ads about NCL sailings in the very competitive Asia markets ... with a Taiwan partnership and chartered sailings, hmmm.   

@mking8288

I spoke with my PCC this morning (7 July 24 in case this becomes a zombie thread down the road) and asked about current CN CF promotions and was told the a CN DoubleUp currently can be applied to ANY stateroom. 

We are looking at an Asian cruise in a couple years …. Prices are high so we are considering an inside and I was gonna but a CF to shave off the $250. We have a lot of CNs but we haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@mking8288

I spoke with my PCC this morning (7 July 24 in case this becomes a zombie thread down the road) and asked about current CN CF promotions and was told the a DoubleUp currently can be applied to ANY stateroom. 

We are looking at an Asian cruise in a couple years …. Prices are high so we are considering an inside and I was gonna but a CF to shave off the $250. We haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Well, it's still July 6 in the US and your profile says USA LOL...

But you or you PCC are mixing terminology and terms between certificates. The "DoubleUp" offer applies to CN, not CF. And changes as to the # of certificates that can be applied, based on the cabin category.

image.png.3be78e497815ead02fdd56fadaa6c4bc.png

But the "double" offer to purchase Cruise First ($250 for $500) is currently in effect. A single CF can always be applied to any cabin AFAIK. Which is why I have a couple of the $500 certificates in my account, since I usually book OV. 

image.png.1ff246f558695613b5d75bfd3b0b99aa.png

23 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@mking8288

I spoke with my PCC this morning (7 July 24 in case this becomes a zombie thread down the road) and asked about current CN CF promotions and was told the a CN DoubleUp currently can be applied to ANY stateroom. 

According to terms and conditions it's balcony and up

Skärmbild (92).png

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Well, it's still July 6 in the US and your profile says USA LOL...

But you or you PCC are mixing terminology and terms between certificates. The "DoubleUp" offer applies to CN, not CF. And changes as to the # of certificates that can be applied, based on the cabin category.

image.png.3be78e497815ead02fdd56fadaa6c4bc.png

But the "double" offer to purchase Cruise First ($250 for $500) is currently in effect. A single CF can always be applied to any cabin AFAIK. Which is why I have a couple of the $500 certificates in my account, since I usually book OV. 

image.png.1ff246f558695613b5d75bfd3b0b99aa.png

@julig22Refresh your browser - I made a clarifying edit, probably while you were typing….

image.thumb.png.7e89d2f46f1e2b29cab55f6a82493143.png

also thought it was clear that I called my PCC to ask about both “current CN CF promotions” since NCL’s site has BOTH differing promotions at this time. 😘

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

According to terms and conditions it's balcony and up

Skärmbild (92).png

Yes @Asawi - that is what it says and what I read … what can I saw? Maybe my PCC has insider info?

Just relaying what I was told, up to you to follow up with your PCC or TA if interested.

27 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@julig22Refresh your browser - I made a clarifying edit, probably while you were typing….

image.thumb.png.7e89d2f46f1e2b29cab55f6a82493143.png

also thought it was clear that I called my PCC to ask about both “current CN CF promotions” since NCL’s site has BOTH differing promotions at this time. 😘

Yes, if you make a change after someone is in the process of quoting you, the original post is included.

Now my question is why you posted in the first place. CN DoubleUp for any cabin, balcony or above, is pretty much the standard - not exactly newsworthy. Been the standard for CNs for a couple of years. And yes, the CF/CN promotions do tend to alternate on similar schedules. Either CN  DoubleUp for any cabin and $125/$250 CF offers - or - CN DoubleUp balcony/above and $250/$500 CF offers.

• Like 1

I am on the Prima now. Cruise next double up is balcony and above right now. Will change to any category on July 10.  In Freestyle Daily and just announced at the Latitude Party. 

BTW here is an Observation Lounge tip. The lounge on the Prima is so small and often hard to find a seat. On this cruise anyway they held the Latitude party in the observation lounge on the first sea day. You could go to the party just to get a nice seat up front for the afternoon!

Yes, here's the current promo:

"Booking Window:  July 10 thru July 25, 2024 @ 11:59pm EST
Book ANY stateroom on any sailing at least 4 months in advance and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite coupons*.
*Coupon can be an the form of deposits or credits.

• All Open for Sale Sailings
  • Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing to qualify."
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2024 at 9:44 PM, Middleager said:

you can book within 120 days.  that's not the rule.  the rule is the cert has to be purchased at least 120 days before the sailing

On 7/4/2024 at 9:19 PM, julig22 said:

this is not true.  they don't understand the rule.  you have to buy the certs 120 days prior to the cruise, but you don't have to book more than 120 days out

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

this is not true.  they don't understand the rule.  you have to buy the certs 120 days prior to the cruise, but you don't have to book more than 120 days out

Don’t confuse CF and CN. 

2 hours ago, EngrJones said:

Is this incorrect?

Absolutely correct wording with respect to CN "double up" although I can't speak to whether or not it is enforced. AFAIK, you can always use 1 CN, doubleUp has different rules.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Don’t confuse CF and CN. 

don't know what this is suppose to mean.  I was clearly taking about a CF so why would there be any confusing????

6 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

you can book within 120 days.  that's not the rule.  the rule is the cert has to be purchased at least 120 days before the sailing

I and others had purchased CFs within 120 days of cruising and were able to use the CF.  It's not a "rule" that NCL enforced. 

NCL wants your money and your booking, and they have allowed new bookings within 120 days with CFs bought within 120 days.