Coco cay

On 7/4/2024 at 4:31 PM, OCSC Mike said:

If $ isn’t a factor, Beach Club for the food. No interest in Hideaway. Not enough offered for us over the free areas & no interest in a loud DJ.

I wouldn’t actually pay for either but have been treated to the beach club so figured I’d answer.

Have you been to Hideaway?  We have been 3 times and stay away from the DJ and pool and it is well worth it to us to avoid kids. I don't dislike kids, but when just my husband and I are traveling we enjoy the break. If you go to either end you don't hear the DJ or pool crowd.

We have also been to Coco Beach Club and personally it is not worth it to us. The water was not crystal clear like the rest of the beaches when we were there, it was green and we were told there are oyster beds near there and that is why it was that way. I liked the pool and the food was special but not worth the $ to us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, FloridaGram said:

Have you been to Hideaway?  We have been 3 times and stay away from the DJ and pool and it is well worth it to us to avoid kids. I don't dislike kids, but when just my husband and I are traveling we enjoy the break. If you go to either end you don't hear the DJ or pool crowd.

No, getting away from kids doesn't hold any value for us. We almost only sail during school breaks (wife is a teacher) with tons of kids and sitting by the Oasis Lagoon where we always do with kids around doesn't bother us.

Totally understandable why that is appealing to others though.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FloridaGram said:

Have you been to Hideaway?  We have been 3 times and stay away from the DJ and pool and it is well worth it to us to avoid kids

I  That's the whole reason to go there.

Edited by BecciBoo

26 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I  That's the whole reason to go there.

I am very confused by your statement. Are you saying that is the whole reason to go to Cococay or to Hideaway Beach?  I said in my post we went to Hideaway Beach to avoid kids. We love our grandkids and happily enjoy all of the amenities that Royal offers for kids when we travel with them.  

But we like Hideaway Beach, adults only, when we are traveling without them. And we are not partiers and do not hang out near the pool or the DJ.  One can visit Hideaway and have a good time without being near the pool or loud music. Or kids.

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When and on what ship were you at Coco Cay? I have been to Coco Cay six times this year and will be there seven more times between now and the middle of October. Overall the prices have been significantly lower than they were last year. I have been to Coco Cay on ships as big as Icon and as small as Voyager class ships. 

You have me slightly beat... I've been there zero times this year and will be there zero more times between now and the middle of October! I have been to Coco Cay on ship as big as Enchantment and as small as Enchantment. 🤔🫢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, FloridaGram said:

I guess we are about to find out as my husband booked it ($56 per person) for our upcoming Utopia cruise 😂🙈

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the past as well as most future cruises we book the beach beds.  However, for our upcoming Oasis cruise we have Hideaway booked. Since this cruise is a S2S with Icon and we were going to CC the previous week and we had a beach bed for that I thought would switch it up and try something different.  

I am a little concerned that it will be to much of a party vibe for DW and I but since I got it for $30 pp on the Black Friday sale last year I figured if I hate it I can just leave and head back to the ship and enjoy and empty ship without suffering much of a loss.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1