Shuttles into town from port

kej1

We have not done lots of cruises but have done a number of them with Seabourn which we have enjoyed.   We do enjoy cruising despite mostly doing independent  land trips, but are looking to branch out in the cruising arena.  We do love great food and find Seabourn’s fine but not great.  
We are thinking of trying a cruise on Explorer Journeys as the food is reported to be great. ( please comment if not the case).

Do they offer shuttles from port into town centers?  We are not tour types and prefer to do our own thing.  We often book private tours but often just want to go into town, look around and have a nice lunch.  So shuttles are important to us and I haven’t seen anything about that on their website.

2 hours ago, kej1 said:

We have not done lots of cruises but have done a number of them with Seabourn which we have enjoyed.   We do enjoy cruising despite mostly doing independent  land trips, but are looking to branch out in the cruising arena.  We do love great food and find Seabourn’s fine but not great.  
We are thinking of trying a cruise on Explorer Journeys as the food is reported to be great. ( please comment if not the case).

Do they offer shuttles from port into town centers?  We are not tour types and prefer to do our own thing.  We often book private tours but often just want to go into town, look around and have a nice lunch.  So shuttles are important to us and I haven’t seen anything about that on their website.

E J food is great

2 hours ago, kej1 said:

We have been on EJ yet but I read they shuttle us into town centers.

• Like 1

They’ve had shuttles available into town on my last two cruises. I remember seeing it stating “where available” somewhere on the website, but I don’t remember where.  We took shuttles into town in Astoria, OR (trying to get one back to the ship was impossible and we just walked back as there were no taxis or Uber) and in Skagen, Denmark. I think it depends on the port. 

Thank you all for the feedback.  We haven’t selected a specific cruise yet - we tend to like longer cruises so it will likely be several segments since it seems EJ tends to do shorter cruises (not a plus for us).  Local taxis are fine - we dint mind paying. What we dint want is to be stick in ports with no shuttle and no taxis.  We have heard from friends that can happen.  If anyone has more information we’d love to know.  The ship looks beautiful and we love the idea of the different restaurants.  Thank you again for your comments.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2024 at 2:25 PM, kej1 said:

We just booked our first cruise with them. Inclusions show shuttles to town center.