Explorer cruisers demographics?

What is the make up of those cruising on Explora as to age and married or single status. Our 48 year old single daughter is considering a Mediterranean cruise this coming fall. Since Explora had a wonderful single supplement program it has become her first choice. She is not a party person so entertainment is secondary. For those who have been on an Explora cruise do you think this would be a good choice?

On our two voyages (see - I’m using the correct terminology!), I would say that at age 60, we tacked slightly older than the average.

LOTS of people in their 40’s and 50’s as well as many in their 60’s and early 70’s. One can’t always judge a book by it’s cover but I don’t think that there were many in the 80+ category.

We saw one scooter and very few people with assistive devices.

• Like 2

On board now and I would say it is mixed and definitely a lot of her age. Definitely a younger crowd than Oceania which we are used to. It is definitely better so far as well! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

For those who have been on an Explora cruise do you think this would be a good choice?

It's probably a great choice.

• Like 1

Our daughter is late 30’s and she’s going back for her second EJ cruise in Dec. It’s a wonderful opportunity for us to travel with her. We all can enjoy the trip and each still do our own things. This will be our 4th EJ cruise and I do think it’s a slightly younger crowd. However, not a party atmosphere like you’d find on Virgin. 

• Like 4

On 7/7/2024 at 7:41 AM, PrivateIdaho said:

Our daughter is late 30’s and she’s going back for her second EJ cruise in Dec. It’s a wonderful opportunity for us to travel with her. We all can enjoy the trip and each still do our own things. This will be our 4th EJ cruise and I do think it’s a slightly younger crowd. However, not a party atmosphere like you’d find on Virgin. 

That's good news for us! We had decided on something different and it came down to Virgin Gorgeous Suite or Explora Deluxe PH... I think we made the right choice!

• Like 1