Celebration or Mardi Gras

Emeril's on Celebration has more and nicer seating, menu is the same.  I like the specialty bar menus (Latitudes and Golden Jubilee) on Celebration a tiny bit better than two of them on Mardi Gras (Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller).  Otherwise, both are great and I am booked on both next year

8 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I love the Brass Magnolia on the Mardi Gras.  Also Mardi Gras leaves from Port Canaveral - sure beats Miami for me.

Agreed Miami Cruise Terminal has turned into a nightmare on the weekends. Port Canaveral is so much easier and efficient. Mardi Gras would definitely be my choice 

• Like 6

We spent 2 weeks on the Mardi Gras and loved every second of it! We’ve also sailed on the Celebration and had a great time. However, after sailing both Horizon (which we loved as well) and Celebration out of Miami, we would chose to sail on Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral because we find that port much easier to navigate. (Unless the ports/price was so much better that it made the choice different from the ship.)

We are doing a family cruise next summer and chose the MG for that reason. We will have my 80 year old mom & 88 year old aunt who needs mobility assistance. 

12 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I love the Brass Magnolia on the Mardi Gras.  Also Mardi Gras leaves from Port Canaveral - sure beats Miami for me.

This right here!! PC is so much easier than Miami. 

17 hours ago, kapcruiser said:

Which ship do you prefer?

the itinerary is about the same 

pros and cons please

Been on both multiple times - I'd take Mardi Gras for the ease of the port and we liked the new/specialty bars on MG better.  Otherwise, they're basically the same ship.  We generally fly down a few days early as well, we'd rather spend the time at Disney/Orlando area, as opposed to South Florida.

• Like 1

Mardi Gras would be our choice. We like their bars better, like the layout of Emeril’s more, and have sworn off Miami unless it is a special itinerary that we are not likely to find elsewhere.  

• Like 3