Upgrade Offer ?

Sailing Carnival Vista 6/28/25

I received a room upgrade offer. I am currently booked in an inside stateroom mid ship. The offer was $125 and maybe a higher deck or different part of the ship. I declined it.  

My brother also had an interior room next to mine and got an offer for a balcony room for $800.  He took the offer because he wanted more space since it’s a 8 day cruise. I have 2 questions.  1. Will I possibly get another offer for a bigger room or better view? 

2. How does Carnival decide which offer to send out? I have 2 adults in my room and he has 2 adults and 2 smaller kids in his room.

How many does your cabin hold?  It could be that there is more demand for the quad inside your brother had so they made him an upsell offer.  EM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srobinet63 said:

I received a room upgrade offer. I am currently booked in an inside stateroom mid ship. The offer was $125 and maybe a higher deck or different part of the ship. I declined it.  

My brother also had an interior room next to mine and got an offer for a balcony room for $800.  He took the offer because he wanted more space since it’s a 8 day cruise. I have 2 questions.  1. Will I possibly get another offer for a bigger room or better view? 

2. How does Carnival decide which offer to send out? I have 2 adults in my room and he has 2 adults and 2 smaller kids in his room.

Upsell offers are based on the need of the sailing to move underselling cabins and to resell cabins in demand.  What upsell category you may be offered would be based on your party size and what categories are underselling.

3 hours ago, srobinet63 said:

Just FYI. The actual interior square footage for the interior cabin and the balcony cabin may be the same.

Of course, the total square footage for the balcony cabin will be more because the balcony square footage will be added to the balcony cabin inside space.

6 hours ago, Journey11 said:

Just FYI. The actual interior square footage for the interior cabin and the balcony cabin may be the same.

Of course, the total square footage for the balcony cabin will be more because the balcony square footage will be added to the balcony cabin inside space.

Correct.  However, we have always found our balcony (balcony snobs here - never sailed any cruise without one) invaluable for nap time for the kids when they were little, changing/showering space (gets squishy with 4 trying to get dressed at same time - we learned to do it in shifts)  or just getting some "alone" time when on the cruise.

• Like 1

However, we have always found our balcony (balcony snobs here - never sailed any cruise without one) invaluable for nap time for the kids when they were little, changing/showering space (gets squishy with 4 trying to get dressed at same time - we learned to do it in shifts)  or just getting some "alone" time when on the cruise.

Exactly...we started the balcony journey when DS was toddler and still took naps, balcony was our sanctuary for whichever one of us had nap duty that day.   Kid alseep, a glass of wine and a good book on the balcony still felt like vacation.  Flash forward to now and its DH (DS is a senior in college now) taking naps and I still will take that opportunity to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and good book while he sleeps.  💕

• Like 2

10 hours ago, srobinet63 said:

My room I believe sleeps 4. There will only be 2 adults in the room.

It's actually more likely your cabin sleeps 2. They rarely allow you to book a cabin that holds a higher capacity.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Pyxie said:

It's actually more likely your cabin sleeps 2. They rarely allow you to book a cabin that holds a higher capacity.

I always two people and generally speaking my cabin holds more. My next cruise will be number 24 with Carnival.

On 7/8/2024 at 8:09 AM, Pyxie said:

1 hour ago, ManyMore said:

I always two people and generally speaking my cabin holds more. My next cruise will be number 24 with Carnival.

I've found that it depends on how you book. I could book certain rooms online, that my PVP wasn't able to book us in due to the rooms allowing higher occupancy.

Back to the OPs question.  I have found that when I had 4 people in my room, I was more likely to get an upgrade(5 times and was offered an upgrade 5 times).  There are far less options for 4 people so they will offer them upgrade more often to get the cheaper rooms open for others to book. 

On 7/7/2024 at 9:19 PM, srobinet63 said:

On 2 occasions we received upsell offers which we took.

My brother, on the same cruise, did not receive the offers but called and asked for the same offers and received them.