Bringing on Fresh Cut Flowers?

mattR

Anyone have trouble bringing on fresh cut flowers onto the ship in your embarkation port?  Will be boarding the Royal Princess in Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise.  Looking at brining on some fresh cut flowers for the stateroom as the ones Princess sells seem very expensive.   

You can bring on fresh flowers from Vancouver.  You may not take them off the ship.  Ask your room steward if he has any vases.  I have a foldable/portable vase.  Works like a charm.

I have purchased flowers around the world and bought them on board with no issue.   Always travel with a small vase.  Freesia from Funchal along with a white wine Sangria at the dock.IMG_0475.thumb.jpeg.1ab2bda165b9ce7b6efaabed4240225b.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

In Tahiti lots of people bought beautiful tropical flowers for their cabins and brought them on with no problem. This was on the Ocean Princess before it was sold. 

We brought a floral arrangement onboard from Papeete to replace the one from the Costco on Maui.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I know many have brought flowers onboard but as a caution, Princess mentions that US regulations prohibit doing so on this page. There is no mention of it only being policy in the US

https://princess.eweddingcalendar.com/Wedding-Calendar-Terms-And-Conditions

IMG_3626.thumb.jpeg.37141e61c555131037dce0d7bec458c1.jpeg

I have seen so many more regulations enforced in this past year than ever before.  I think you were wise to post this just so people are advised.  
Like others, I’ve had no trouble bringing on flowers in the past .. but, it’s food to be warned that they may not be able to bring them onboard any longer.  I’m sure some ports are pickier than others.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I have seen so many more regulations enforced in this past year than ever before.  I think you were wise to post this just so people are advised.  
Like others, I’ve had no trouble bringing on flowers in the past .. but, it’s food to be warned that they may not be able to bring them onboard any longer.  I’m sure some ports are pickier than others.  

We brought our flowers on a couple months ago.

That's mainly for weddings, the weddings terms and conditions.

Princess doesn't want you to bring them in bulk onboard. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

48 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We brought our flowers on a couple months ago.

That's mainly for weddings, the weddings terms and conditions.

Princess doesn't want you to bring them in bulk onboard. 

I knew someone would argue with this point, which was that you may have luck OR you may be denied.
I have seen them make people dump water and coffee, sandwiches and foods that are not factory sealed this year.  You may get through, you may not.  
The person that posted this just gave fair warning.  Kudos!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I have purchased flowers around the world and bought them on board with no issue.   Always travel with a small vase.  Freesia from Funchal along with a white wine Sangria at the dock.IMG_0475.thumb.jpeg.1ab2bda165b9ce7b6efaabed4240225b.jpeg

Beautiful flowers, but this definitely does not look like a Princess ship. Looks like Virgin voyages, maybe? I would think each port and each ship company would have different rules??? But with that being said, I have brought on Flowers onboard Princess in San Pedro many times .I know the OP was not asking About San Pedro but Vancouver .

@mattR I would just purchase some flowers and bring them onboard in Vancouver with you and hope for the best. If someone ( port staff, etc) takes them away from you, wish them a happy day and to enjoy your flowers. But I honestly think if you don’t bring any on we will never know if it’s allowed or not.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1