Shows currently on Adventure of the Seas

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No broadway show on Adventure.  The Ice show is fabulous though.

Adventure has been running the same RC Singers and Dancer shows since the day it went into service in 2001. I've had some great cruises on the ship but don't expect anything close to Oasis class entertainment or you will be disappointed.

Whoops, didn't mean to quote anyone.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Adventure has been running the same RC Singers and Dancer shows since the day it went into service in 2001. I've had some great cruises on the ship but don't expect anything close to Oasis class entertainment or you will be disappointed.

I agree the entertainment in the main theatre is nothing special.  When I was on her in Feb she had the usual assortment of singing and dancing.  I almost always enjoy the ice show though.  The cover band was pretty good too.  

If you are looking for the big shows Oasis class, Icon or Liberty or Indy are the only options.

I asked because someone told me they thought Grease was playing... and that didn't sound right... I had only seen broadway shows on Oasis size ships... thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I asked because someone told me they thought Grease was playing... and that didn't sound right... I had only seen broadway shows on Oasis size ships... thanks for the info.

On Oasis, Quantum and some Freedom class ships like Liberty (Saturdays Night Fever).

We have not sailed on Adventure for several years. Sailed in 2018 (Bahamas/Florida), 2019 (NE/Canada) and 2022 (NE/Canada)... and we overall enjoyed entertainment.

Ice show was very good. Also ship orchestra was great. Very talented orchestra conductor.

Overall we had very nice cruises on her.

6 hours ago, RRTcruiser said:

I second the ships orchestra is very good…

Except musicians can change over so what was true even just a few months ago may, or may not, be true now. Shows, on the other hand, can go on for years.

On 7/10/2024 at 5:53 PM, Tatka said:

On Oasis, Quantum and some Freedom class ships like Liberty (Saturdays Night Fever).

We have not sailed on Adventure for several years. Sailed in 2018 (Bahamas/Florida), 2019 (NE/Canada) and 2022 (NE/Canada)... and we overall enjoyed entertainment.

Ice show was very good. Also ship orchestra was great. Very talented orchestra conductor.

Overall we had very nice cruises on her.

I haven't been on AOS in nearly 20 years and am looking forward to seeing her again. Our last Royal cruise was on Harmony during a pre covid presidents cruise...I think the show was Mama Mia. Their entertainment is always great.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I haven't been on AOS in nearly 20 years and am looking forward to seeing her again. Our last Royal cruise was on Harmony during a pre covid presidents cruise...I think the show was Mama Mia. Their entertainment is always great.

Mamma Mia is in Allure I believe, We’ve seen it in 2016. Amazing show.

On 7/10/2024 at 10:50 PM, RRTcruiser said:

I second the ships orchestra is very good…

Keep in mind crew staff, to include musicians, are constantly changing. So the quality of the orchestra can vary significantly over time. 

6 hours ago, Tatka said:

Mamma Mia is in Allure I believe, We’ve seen it in 2016. Amazing show.

We have been on her as well... they all blend together