Travel insurance ideas

Posted (edited)

What would be the best travel insurance for overseas healthcare.  I don't have much travel costs to insure,  so mostly interested in the healthcare aspect ...  Hotels and airlines are all paid in points that are refundable, etc.

Edited by NMTraveller

We use an annual travel insurance with med coverage and med-evac through Allianz dot com. Others (generally seniors, I believe) include med jet dot com

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2024 at 11:27 PM, NMTraveller said:

What would be the best travel insurance for overseas healthcare.  I don't have much travel costs to insure,  so mostly interested in the healthcare aspect ...  Hotels and airlines are all paid in points that are refundable, etc.

"Best" can be very subjective, for anything.

I'd suggest calling a travel insurance broker, someone who works with several different insurers.  That way, you and they can discuss a variety of choices and try to find the one that "best" matches what you have in mind... or that you decide after hearing about the various choices.

We are among those who recommend

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

But CALL them; don't rely upon the short online policy summaries.  Those just cannot capture all of the details (positive or negative) that might be important for *you*.

(There is no extra charge to use an agent or broker.)

GC

• Like 1