Is it possible to provide an in-cabin surprise gift for friends or family who board Princess?

Posted (edited)

We have friends who are very excited about their first cruise ever, which will be on Princess (Seattle to Alaska and back, just 1 week, sailing a couple months from now), celebrating a birthday. 

They are on a pretty limited budget, and my DH and I would like to, if possible, provide them with a surprise boarding treat of some kind -- either flowers in the room on arrival, or chocolate covered strawberries, or an on-board credit notification, or whatever is possible through the line (I have never sailed Princess).

Is there a way of arranging this, or is that not practical or possible?  I would imagine setting up on-board credit for them would be at risk for the usual problems people can have with getting OBC acknowledged. 

We didn't just want to hand them a wad of cash before they go, for obvious reasons.

They don't drink alcohol.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by Catlover54
Clarity
  • Like 2

My son ordered us the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast.  A card was waiting for us in the cabin and we called room service to schedule it.  It was a wonderful surprise!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Catlover54 yes it’s possible ,but I think ….not 100% sure that you need their booking number to do any online gifting. But some great advice from previous posts. @dreaminofcruisin has a great link.

but I get it you would love to have some nice fresh flowers waiting in their cabin or some sort of chocolate covered strawberries, etc. I always say enlist the help of a travel agent ,but if you don’t know their travel agent or they don’t have one then that’s not possible . Hope you’re able to do something online for them .

Edited by arizonaperson

Yes, you can and it's pretty easy.  A few years ago I sent a bottle of wine to my nephew and his new wife.

• Go to the Princess web site.
  • Click on "On Board Our Ships"
  • Click on "Cruise Gifts and Services"
  • Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a prompt "Surprise Someone with a gift"
  • Click on the "Send a Gift" button.
  • You will be presented with a form in which you identify your friend;

You will then be offered a collection of gifts that you can send.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It's really cool you can do this without a booking number. I just checked and there are a lot of options to try to identify your friend. You have to enter first/last name, then you can select from a list of other identifiers including month of departure, email, phone, or zip code. I wish I had known about this sooner! My coworker is on her very first cruise this week! It would have been nice to send a small gift for her and her family.

• Like 2

We gifted our daughter and her new husband champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, Balcony Dinner, and flowers in their cabin for their honeymoon. We had their booking number which made it pretty easy to complete the request. It was all there waiting for them when they arrived to their cabin.

• Like 3

They may be a little suspicious if you ask for a booking number.  Are they working with a Travel Advisor (Agent)?  Call them directly and ask them to do this for you.  You will have to give them a greeting card that they may open upon arrival to the ship to let them know what you did (so TA doesn't get the credit).