B2B Upgrade Bid

pastis

I received an upgrade email for a B2B.  The B2B is under one booking number.

Does anyone know if the upgrade applies to both cruises?  I contacted Azamara last week, but no response as of yet.

I recieved an upgrade email offer on my back to back with one booking number. We bid on it and the next day we received an email saying our bid was canceled as our  ‘reservation had changed.’ When I called Azamara I was told that their system is unable to process B2B upgrade bids at this time and there was no way to work around the issue. So no possibility of any upgtade for us on our B2B. 

43 minutes ago, juliacb said:

I recieved an upgrade email offer on my back to back with one booking number. We bid on it and the next day we received an email saying our bid was canceled as our  ‘reservation had changed.’ When I called Azamara I was told that their system is unable to process B2B upgrade bids at this time and there was no way to work around the issue. So no possibility of any upgtade for us on our B2B. 

Interesting.  How recent was this?  I think I’m going to be upset again…

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

I received separate offers for each cruise. I’m happy with the cabin I booked so didn’t bid on either offer.

Were you under one reservation number or two? Same cabin or two different cabins booked?

Edited by Xcelsior

5 hours ago, tgg said:

Do you have the same cabin for both?

No, we don't have the same cabin.  It wasn't available on the second cruise.

3 hours ago, juliacb said:

We received the offer email several weeks ago for our cruise starting on Aug 22nd. 

Our cruise also starts on Aug. 22nd.  We booked early last week and received the upgrade email a couple of days later.

6 minutes ago, pastis said:

Our cruise also starts on Aug. 22nd.  We booked early last week and received the upgrade email a couple of days later.

How was the email worded? Did it mention sail date or current cabin number? 

Someone at Azamara is now reading these boards and posting as AZAMARA NOW. It would be helpful if that person could clarify this for you.

2 minutes ago, tgg said:

How was the email worded? Did it mention sail date or current cabin number? 

Someone at Azamara is now reading these boards and posting as AZAMARA NOW. It would be helpful if that person could clarify this for you.

The email stated the embarkation date of the first cruise.

Heard back from Azamara:

Currently our bidding program is not designed for back to back cruises under a single booking ID, however, you are able to go to guest relations once onboard to request it. 

41 minutes ago, pastis said:

Heard back from Azamara:

Currently our bidding program is not designed for back to back cruises under a single booking ID, however, you are able to go to guest relations once onboard to request it. 

I guess you can always try when you board. Your chances would, of course, be better for the second cruise.

B2B sailings used to have two booking numbers. Now Azamara combines them and tells you they can't handle the bidding upgrade process  based on the change they made. Outrageous.

While I was the first to say (and hope) that things would get better under the new CEO, it's pretty clear they are not.  Handling this year's summer vacation reservation was even worse than last year's reservation - which is saying something!  It is hard to believe that Azamara's onshore service could get worse, but it did.

4 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

While I was the first to say (and hope) that things would get better under the new CEO, it's pretty clear they are not.  Handling this year's summer vacation reservation was even worse than last year's reservation - which is saying something!  It is hard to believe that Azamara's onshore service could get worse, but it did.

I think you're expecting miracles if you think she'd make any significant difference in the capability of individuals handling your request this quickly.  In my opinion, it will take at least 18 months for anything beyond a few token gestures.

• Like 3

Can’t see that this is a problem that’s going to be high on the “to do” list as there are too many variables within b2b bookings to possibly even make it possible.

Remember the upgrade bid system is administered by a third party company, as it is with all cruise lines, so Azamara’s bookings will have to fit within the parameters of what they can offer.

You also need to consider what proportion of b2b bookings keep the same cabin throughout and what availability for upgrades would be on each cruise. So upgrades would only be possible on a cruise by cruise basis and the possibility of being able to do the same upgrade over a number of cruises is remote.

The single booking number for multiple cruises has a number of advantages for passengers in regards of OBC and onboard accounts and I’ve been been told it’s very helpful for the onboard systems.

• Like 1

Sure, but the experience I've had over the last month is actually even worse than it was last year. Hard to believe....but true.

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

A new CEO can ruin a company in weeks, but not fix one.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

Let’s hope they have some customers left by the time it takes to fix all these problems. 

Even with the current promotions I couldn't convince my friends to even consider it again this year after last year's fiasco.  They lost 3 retired couples to Oceania.  Sad.

Edited by Toronto Guy

On 7/12/2024 at 5:43 PM, Toronto Guy said:

Even with the current promotions I couldn't convince my friends to even consider it again this year after last year's fiasco.  They lost 3 retired couples to Oceania.  Sad.

Myself, and some friends, also "taking a break" from Azamara for a bit, while things get sorted out. Definately  makes me sad, but I am unwilling to put myself through that level of frustration again.