Free Laundry?

mark46

We are used to HAL with unlimited free laundry twice a day, including pressing.

How does this work on Celebrity Beyond?  We are in a Royal Suite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mark46 said:

Included

3 hours ago, mark46 said:

Unclear what you mean by "twice a day".  Normal service, even in a RS, is typically have it out by 9am today and typically don't expect it back until tomorrow evening.  If it comes sooner, that's a bonus.  We find that Celebrity isn't nearly as fast with their laundry as Silversea is.  Then again, Silversea half again the number of crew per passenger ratio.

🙂

On HAL, we sometimes put laundry out in the morning and got it back by that day.  If we put it out in the evening, we definitely got it back on the next day.

Basically, it one of our butlers saw the laundry, it would be immediately picked up, and of course if the laundry person had something to deliver, he would also pick up.

=========

I suspected the situation was as your state, almost two full days.

It really depends on how busy the laundry is.  Last cruise early on put out clothes as we left for dinner, they were back just after lunch the next day.  Five days later, put out again as we left for dinner returned while we were at dinner the next night.  Three days before end of cruise put out at same time and it was returned 2 days later 

Having experienced the laundry on HAL (which is wonderful), I fear you may be a bit disappointed with X's laundry. 

We receive free laundry on X due to our Elite+ status.  I would happily pay the price that HAL charges (for non-high end suites), $8 a day (it may be more by now) if they would do the laundry like HAL does. 

HAL washes and presses the laundry.  They hang the shirts and slacks on hangers. X stuffs them in a bag.  This past cruise on X, they literally stuffed one of my husband's Polo shirt into the bag, not sure what they were thinking on that one.  All of the other shirts are somewhat folded and then stuffed in the bag.  HAL puts smaller items (socks, underwear...) in a nice basket with tissue.  X stuffs them in the bag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muushka said:

Having experienced the laundry on HAL (which is wonderful), I fear you may be a bit disappointed with X's laundry. 

We receive free laundry on X due to our Elite+ status.  I would happily pay the price that HAL charges (for non-high end suites), $8 a day (it may be more by now) if they would do the laundry like HAL does. 

HAL washes and presses the laundry.  They hang the shirts and slacks on hangers. X stuffs them in a bag.  This past cruise on X, they literally stuffed one of my husband's Polo shirt into the bag, not sure what they were thinking on that one.  All of the other shirts are somewhat folded and then stuffed in the bag.  HAL puts smaller items (socks, underwear...) in a nice basket with tissue.  X stuffs them in the bag.

Laundry in suites is different from the stuff in a bag Elite perk.

In a RS you can request items to be laundered and pressed free of charge. These, and other items like polo shirts come back on hangers. The smaller items are returned in a small basket neatly folded.

We have never found return an issue with RS laundry as we always have enough garments to cover two days as I think most guests do. If you do have an ‘emergency’ garment issue, for example you notice a stain on a gown you were planning to wear later, give your butler a ring and he will take it down to the laundry and if they can do something quick for you they will. I know from experience!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Muushka said:

Have always had pressed shirts and slacks returned on hangers with Celebrity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Just to clarify,  not all Suites include laundry that is pressed, hung or hangers or returned in a basket.  That type of laundry service is included for Royal Suites and above. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just to clarify,  not all Suites include laundry that is pressed, hung or hangers or returned in a basket.  That type of laundry service is included for Royal Suites and above. 

Thanks for the correction, I should have made it clearer in my post….

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Have always had pressed shirts and slacks returned on hangers with Celebrity. 

You're lucky!

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

In a RS you can request items to be laundered and pressed free of charge. These, and other items like polo shirts come back on hangers. The smaller items are returned in a small basket neatly folded.

We have never found return an issue with RS laundry as we always have enough garments to cover two days as I think most guests do. If you do have an ‘emergency’ garment issue, for example you notice a stain on a gown you were planning to wear later, give your butler a ring and he will take it down to the laundry and if they can do something quick for you they will. I know from experience!

We've stayed in RS twice and SS many times.  Never got laundry done the way they do it on HAL.  I think, 1 time only, we were in a SS and things were on hangers, but certainly not pressed. 

Oh, and my favorite was once in a RS the butler actually asked me for the CC coupon!

23 hours ago, mark46 said:

I was in an inside cabin. When I asked about free laundry, my room steward said he would be right back with the necessary items to provide it.

He returned shortly with a bucket and a very long rope and directed me to the aft deck of the ship 🤣.

Only kidding, have a great cruise 🚢.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Muushka said:

You're lucky!

We've stayed in RS twice and SS many times.  Never got laundry done the way they do it on HAL.  I think, 1 time only, we were in a SS and things were on hangers, but certainly not pressed. 

Oh, and my favorite was once in a RS the butler actually asked me for the CC coupon!

If in a RS you simply tick both the wash and press boxes on the form….

Make sure you tick the express box! Same day if in by 9AM (and they really mean 9AM, not 9:45 or 10). If it is after 9 you will get it back the next day. If you mark the regular box and put it out after 9 you will get it back 3 days later (yes I made this mistake once and was worried for a bit my laundry was totally lost). Because you are in RS there is no extra charge for the express service. 

With X I send laundry daily because I often like to sleep in a bit later so it usually is in after 9. With HAL I do more every couple days or as needed. They are much less rigid on the timing and I always get it back next day (or even same day sometimes). 

I find it depends on your butler.  Our last butler didn't even have me fill out a slip.  I just left everything in the morning and got it back the next morning.  Just ask for what you want/need.  In the higher suites they are very accommodating.  

21 minutes ago, Julma said:

I find it depends on your butler.  Our last butler didn't even have me fill out a slip.  I just left everything in the morning and got it back the next morning.  Just ask for what you want/need.  In the higher suites they are very accommodating.  

Did your Butler fill it out?  Apart from calculating cost, irrelevant in this case, it creates a count so that the laundry can confirm that the order is complete and nothing is missing.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Did your Butler fill it out?  Apart from calculating cost, irrelevant in this case, it creates a count so that the laundry can confirm that the order is complete and nothing is missing.

I was thinking exactly the same…

4 hours ago, canderson said:

I don't know what he did.  He told me to leave it and he would take care of it.  I always take a pic of what I'm sending out to be sure I get it all back.