Norse Airline experiences

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has experienced a flight with Norse. 
We are a family of four traveling from Orlando to London, in 2025. I have been researching and I understand the negatives; everything is Al-la-cart, strict baggage rules, no online boarding. The thing that scares me the most is the lack of costumer service with no phone number to reach anyone at.

That being said, the flight schedule works perfectly for us, especially since it is direct. Even if we upgrade to premium seats, add on baggage and pay for premium checkin, the cost savings are still more than $1200 round trip. That is compared to similar flights with no extra leg room. 

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! 

This will get moved to the Cruise Air board, I am pretty sure.

What this boils down to is...you get what you pay for. A super cheap airfare is cutting corners somewhere. It might be the extra charge items, it might be Customer Service. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JFFL said:

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has experienced a flight with Norse. 
We are a family of four traveling from Orlando to London, in 2025. I have been researching and I understand the negatives; everything is Al-la-cart, strict baggage rules, no online boarding. The thing that scares me the most is the lack of costumer service with no phone number to reach anyone at.

That being said, the flight schedule works perfectly for us, especially since it is direct. Even if we upgrade to premium seats, add on baggage and pay for premium checkin, the cost savings are still more than $1200 round trip. That is compared to similar flights with no extra leg room. 

Agree with Bruce-- Norse is an ultra low cost carrier. This is the equivalent of say if Spirit Airlines flew long haul international. You 100% get what you pay for. 

Also keep in mind what Norse calls premium is equivalent seat-wise to Premium Economy on a legacy US carrier or British Airways. These are not lie flat seats-- they look very similar to slightly more narrow US domestic first class seats on short haul aircraft. 

It can be a good deal but just know you will be paying for everything extra. Sometimes when you break it out the legacy carriers are overall better deals and a lot less hassle. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Also keep in mind what Norse calls premium is equivalent seat-wise to Premium Economy on a legacy US carrier or British Airways.

Specifically on the seat, that’s not quite right. Norse’s Premiun seat is slightly wider and has significantly better pitch (leg room) than is standard on legacy carriers, including BA. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

Norse’s Premiun seat is slightly wider and has significantly better pitch (leg room) than is standard on legacy carriers, including BA

Fair but only an inch wider and a few more inches of pitch-- nothing even close to a lie flat in a true business product. 

19 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Fair but only an inch wider and a few more inches of pitch-- nothing even close to a lie flat in a true business product. 

Have you sat in one? Both dimensions make a significant difference, particularly on a long haul, in my experience.  
I’m not sure why you are comparing a premium product to a business one, to be honest! 

• 2 weeks later...

I flew back from Gatwick to JFK in their Business Class and it was very nice.  Roomy seat, good food, attentive flight attendants, plenty of music and movie selections ..... and it cost less that a coach ticket on BA, AA, etc.  I will use them again for our next trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudiinMt said:

I flew back from Gatwick to JFK in their Business Class and it was very nice.

I don't think Norse Atlantic has a business class (in the long-haul sense). It's premium economy, as described above.

• Like 1

We are booked on it, Premium, for next year.  JFK to Gatwick.  Don't need anything extra like drinks, etc.  even if we do, it's still a huge cost savings.  Excited to try it.  Going 3 days early, just in case.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JudiinMt said:

I flew back from Gatwick to JFK in their Business Class and it was very nice.  Roomy seat, good food, attentive flight attendants, plenty of music and movie selections ..... and it cost less that a coach ticket on BA, AA, etc.  I will use them again for our next trip!

Thank you very much for the feedback. I think I may fly in two days early just in case my flight gets delayed or canceled. The cost savings is so huge. 

• Like 1