Comment Cards?

Germancruiser

I am not sure if it´s only me- but I never got to fill out any comment cards - online or other on the last Cunard voyages. Did they stopp that altogether?

With the Service on my last ( June 2024) QM2 experience it would not come as suprise, if they did not ant any bad comments. LOL.

Last time we got one.... September 2019 on QUEEN VICTORIA. We have done, gosh, five Cunard cruises since (one QM2, one QE, three QV) and not a single comment card. Then again, we have not received a brochure since then either.  I get gorgeous huge ones from Oceania and Regent all the time.  Cunard... don't care. I guess they figure they can take our custom for granted. 

We've had generally positive even excellent experiences with Cunard post 2019 but go Grill so we better!  But yes, it's been a steady drip, drip of cutbacks, changes and, for us, "new directions" (QA, dress code dimunitions, etc.) that do not work for us.  The reports re. QM2 have been most distressing... we are booked for her 35-day West Indies cruise from Southampton in January 2025 and can but hope things improve by then. 

But no... expressing one's opinions re. what you bought with Cunard is NOT something they wish to hear apparently. Maybe the monitor this site or, more likely, don't really care one way or another

• Like 1

I got an email/online survey the day after we disembarked from Alaska just the other week. There also were plenty of “Star” crew cards we filled out onboard for various great crew members. Plus I wrote my review for QE on the CC review. I further went on the Cunard “Contact Us” site and added a comment about the lack of dress code enforcement on SA nights and confused language provided by Cunard in what they really expect on SA nights. I reminded them that Cunard strongly markets a “Sense of Occasion” after six and that atmosphere they promote is a strong point/asset to sail on Cunard; they have the responsibility to not apologetically “be Cunard”. Bottom line - There are plenty of avenues to give feedback. 

• Like 2

I was wondering about this too. I was looking forward to providing some feedback, and some of the crew members led me to believe that we would have the opportunity to do so via an email or similar. I wanted to give POSITIVE feedback, particularly for some staff. However, when nothing seemed to eventuate, like NE John I used the "contact us" avenue. I have no idea who (if anyone) reads it, but at least I voiced my opinions and would encourage all to do the same. We are, after all, their loyal customers so speak up!

• Like 2

It seems to have died off with the pandemic. I just to get email surveys after sailings, and now I don't. Or rather the one email I continue to get is the "Welcome home" email, which points out I have another Cunard sailing coming up, but I presume in other circumstances would say "why don't you book your next cruise?". In the past I felt this email was softening me up for the feedback survey, but that's not something I have received recently.

One can provide feedback proactively. There is a web form at the end of this for UK based Cunarders.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us

A few years ago there was a switch that was made to the 'marketing email' settings in MyCunard to turn off the marketing emails - and at the time when I didn't get the usual feedback questionnaire email after a voyage, I phoned Cunard and they said if I want to switch back to full marketing email they can simply put the setting back, and they did it and it has been fine ever since.  I believe you should be able to do that by logging in as well.  The paper feedback forms on board were terminated several years ago, and nobody will get that now or in the future. But simply get your marketing email setting switched back on and all the post-booking and post-voyage emails with the link to the questionnaires should arrive from that point on. O course the analysis of the online feedback is handled by computer systems and produces the summary results data, so that saves staff time compared to manual processing.

Well... I don't think the old "fill in the circle with a black pen" form was not computer readable!! Indeed, these forms were just about first computerised customer service facility, dating from the 1960s if not earlier.

But once, again a case of Cunard changing something, pretty basic, and keeping it a secret from those whom it intended for in the first place... the customer. My settings, btw, are all up to date (or I think they are) and I have received no post voyage communication, on any level in the last four years.

In North America, there still remains no functional Cunard World Club access on line. None. 

"Customer Service" still excels (in my overall experience) afloat with Cunard.... ashore, not so much. Just doesn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The marketing settings are not in any World Club login but in your main Cunard account login. (paper forms still take lots of staff time to put into an optical reader and be processes - online web based questionnaires require no staff input and the computer handles it all automatically, so that is a cost saving)

Edited by ShipboardSteve
added sentence

24 minutes ago, ShipboardSteve said:

But simply get your marketing email setting switched back on and all the post-booking and post-voyage emails with the link to the questionnaires should arrive from that point on

I get lots of marketing emails but I haven't had a questionnaire after my last 2 cruises. That's not the issue. 

• Like 3

That's what happened to me at the time a few years ago too - when I talked to the Cunard customer service staff they said that the part of the settings related to questionnaires had 'accidentally' been switched off, and they changed it at their end - but they referred to it as part of the marketing email settings. That's all I know, but it would certainly be worth talking to them to ask that same question. That phone call made the difference for me, so presume the same would apply if talking to them and being specific too.

Did two cruises in June and July 2024.  For both we got links to surveys emailed to us the afternoon of disembarkation.  They were somewhat lengthy, taking a good 15-20 minutes to complete.  

• Thanks 1

I never saw any physical comment cards onboard (but, then, I wasn’t looking for them.) I did receive the email survey, which I filled out after the reminder. I cannot get into my online Cunard account — and never could — but the marketing switch is obviously “on”.

I have noticed that accessing gmail through iOS (iPad) sends a lot of my emails to the junk folder, even if I have them in my contacts or “starred” as favourites. On the iPad it shows the junk mail folder as empty. The only way I can see them is if I log into web gmail. Perhaps the surveys are going there (junk mail) for some? 🤷‍♀️

One thing that drives me batty is that they have been sending snail mail for my sister — and now my mother! — to my home address in Virginia. My sister lives in England and my mother lives in Canada! Obviously things are messed up pretty bad in the marketing department. 🫤

If you call customer services they can easily fix any of the settings as they have direct access to changing them on the server.  It is possible that if you book through a travel agent you may not have a Cunard account of your own of course. 

Remember the Old Days on the QE2 when you filled out a computer form/sheet with the black pencil or pen. Quite extensive. Covered many facets. 

Then at the end of the cruise on the last day, they would gather them and would pick one with a prize I forgot what they use to give. You had to give it in before 3PM. It was done on board.

Did have surveys at the beginning sailing with QM2 but it died off and can't remember the last time.

I wouldn't mine airing our thoughts and comments to help them be aware of what we expect and better for the passengers to come.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Remember the Old Days on the QE2 when you filled out a computer form/sheet with the black pencil or pen. Quite extensive. Covered many facets. 

Jeepers, no! 😂

• Haha 1

We too have had our marketing options tweaked by Cunard. After our voyage on QA we needed to contact Cunard regarding a missing refund. Once that was fixed I asked why we had not received the post cruise survey and was told our marketing options were not set up for surveys. We were surprised as we had done a couple of pre cruise surveys. The tweaks were made. Since then we have received a general survey and also a booking survey for a recently booked voyage. Time will tell if we get a post cruise survey next time. 

• Like 2