Future Cruise Credit specific question

LB_NJ

If one person in a cabin has a FCC and the other person doesn't how does that work?

Can the person with the FCC use any extra to pay for the person that doesn't?

If you can't do that can the person with the FCC be listed first when they do the BOGOs so they have a larger fare and use the FCC towards the larger fare?

Posted (edited)

Just realized what your situation is.  You have FCC worth more than the price of your own part of the cost of a cabin that you'll be sharing?  I'm confused?  Making one payment for the cabin for both of you, using the FCC as part of it, doesn't seem to create any issues.

Edited by canderson

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Just realized what your situation is.  You have FCC worth more than the price of your own part of the cost of a cabin that you'll be sharing?  I'm confused?  Making one payment for the cabin for both of you, using the FCC as part of it, doesn't seem to create any issues.

I think you have the problem correct.  Since all the FCCs we have had were for a named individual. I understand the question to be will the FCC only be applied to the cruise fare for the person named on the FCC leaving an unused balance on the FCC.  

I think a call to Celebrity, or the TA if they booked with one, would be the way to find out. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I think you have the problem correct.  Since all the FCCs we have had were for a named individual. I understand the question to be will the FCC only be applied to the cruise fare for the person named on the FCC leaving an unused balance on the FCC.  

I think a call to Celebrity, or the TA if they booked with one, would be the way to find out. 

I guess I never realized that the account could be split with regard to payment for the cabin itself, but I guess since there are folios created for each individual, that's actually possible.  I've always sailed with my wife and pay for the cabin.

My recommendation would be for the owner of the FCC to just pay for the full cabin fare, and collect the 1/2 share from the other occupant.  That way, the FCC, if more than 1/2 of the fare, would be fully applied.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

My recommendation would be for the owner of the FCC to just pay for the full cabin fare, and collect the 1/2 share from the other occupant.  That way, the FCC, if more than 1/2 of the fare, would be fully applied.

I am OK with that if Celebrity would let me.

1 minute ago, LB_NJ said:

I am OK with that if Celebrity would let me.

Of course.  It's always possible for one person to make the deposit and final payment on a cabin for two people.  Each person will still have their own separate folio associated with their own Seapass card and credit card account for purchases during the voyage - the accounting is kept separately for all of that, so you will experience no awkward moments in that regard.

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2024 at 12:14 PM, LB_NJ said:

If one person in a cabin has a FCC and the other person doesn't how does that work?

Can the person with the FCC use any extra to pay for the person that doesn't?

If you can't do that can the person with the FCC be listed first when they do the BOGOs so they have a larger fare and use the FCC towards the larger fare?

You should be able to “share” the FCC across all guests. Here is a screenshot of what the TA would see as an option when they apply the FCC to the reservation.

IMG_6618.png

Early on in Covid days, when there were a ton of FCC’s, they were only applicable for the listed guest. Later on, can’t remember when exactly, they allowed sharing across other guests on the reservation. 

You should be fine.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc