Vibe on Alaskan Itineraries?

We set sail on the Encore this upcoming Sunday, July 21 (it doesn't seem like there's as many lives over here on the NCL board but I'll probably still do one as I usually do), and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get Vibe on an Alaskan cruise. 

I know it will be too cold to use the pool, but having a bar where we can grab a drink without a crowd + what I'm assuming will be mostly empty hot tubs may be worth it. 

Do they offer discounts on Vibe for these Alaskan sailings onboard by chance?

It could be very warm in Alaska next week with a number of huge wildfires burning.

I would not waste the money on Vibe especially if there is lots of smoke.  

The Pacific Northwest is under a Heat Dome with no signs of it shifting anytime soon.  Record heat in Seattle.  This is one of the hottest Summers on record.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

It could be very warm in Alaska next week with a number of huge wildfires burning.

I would not waste the money on Vibe especially if there is lots of smoke.  

The Pacific Northwest is under a Heat Dome with no signs of it shifting anytime soon.  Record heat in Seattle.  This is one of the hottest Summers on record.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, I had no idea. 

I've been checking the weather a bunch and all I've seen is 60F and raining so I wasn't expecting it to be warm. 

I appreciate the heads up!

2 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We set sail on the Encore this upcoming Sunday, July 21 (it doesn't seem like there's as many lives over here on the NCL board but I'll probably still do one as I usually do), and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get Vibe on an Alaskan cruise. 

I know it will be too cold to use the pool, but having a bar where we can grab a drink without a crowd + what I'm assuming will be mostly empty hot tubs may be worth it. 

No comment on the Vibe, but if you are getting it just to grab a drink without a crowd, don’t bother. The only place I have ever had delays in getting a drink is at the pool bar. 

I will say that the Vibe is likely already sold out so your question may be moot. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zqvol said:

No comment on the Vibe, but if you are getting it just to grab a drink without a crowd, don’t bother. The only place I have ever had delays in getting a drink is at the pool bar. 

I will say that the Vibe is likely already sold out so your question may be moot. 

It's for sale on the app so it's not sold out. 

From what I've researched, Vibe tends to be empty on Alaskan cruises so I don't think they ever sell out in Alaska. 

5 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I did an Alaskan cruise the last week of June and plenty of people were in the pool.

Temps were in the mid 60's and hot in the sun. I was overdressed for my 1st excursion with 2 long sleeve pullovers and a fleece. LOL

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

It was downright HOT last year when we went to AK in July. 

I would love to have warm weather, but when I've been checking the weather it looks like high 50s and low 60s, so I don't think it's going to be that hot for us.

I might want to check out the Seattle Space Needle Panorama web cam.  At the moment the sky is clearing than it has been early today but plenty of smoky haze.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You might be surprised about pool use in AK.  When I sailed Encore in AK a few years ago there were people screaming down the slides as we were sailing out of Glacier Bay.  In September.

Edited by SomewhereGirl
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

You might be surprised about pool use in AK.  When I sailed Encore in AK a few years ago there were people screaming down the slides as we were sailing out of Glacier Bay.  In September.

Hoping you're right... I'm sure my kids will be two of them if so!