Curacao

CruisingLover

Hi there. Looking for excursions/things to do on Curacao for our upcoming NYE cruise on Oasis. Excursions from the ship are pretty sold out so we are looking for something to do ourselves (6 adults). It can range from walking to golfing to beaching to whatever. We are pretty open but would like to know what there is so we can look.

Thanks!

This isn't the worst place to just walk around soaking up the atmosphere.  You can walk through an old fort turned into shops and food.  Then you'd want to cross the floating bridge, of course, and on the other side you'd find more shops and food.  The bridge is pretty cool.  A couple good photo opportunities and one of those places where people attach a lock and throw the key into the water.  

I don't think you'll find a beach right by the port.  

If you want "more", Google "What to do in Curacao", and you'll see plenty of private tours.  

• Like 2

Rent a large SUV (for 6 if they have it) at the AVIS at the port and head North/West... you get to drive over the famous Juliana Bridge... out to Grote Knip beach. After a bit of time there, drive further North and over to the East side of the island to visit Shete Boka National Park. There's also a lake/park full of flamingos you can pass by (Salina Sint Marie)

I've done the above both by a jeep rental DIY, as well as with Eric's ATV adventures Curacao.

Both were fantastic days 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruisingLover said:

Hi there. Looking for excursions/things to do on Curacao for our upcoming NYE cruise on Oasis. Excursions from the ship are pretty sold out so we are looking for something to do ourselves (6 adults). It can range from walking to golfing to beaching to whatever. We are pretty open but would like to know what there is so we can look.

Thanks!

Go to the Curacao distillery for a tour and tasting

• Like 1

Feed the ostriches is on my to do list. I'm hoping rcl carries it. Hasnt shown up so far. I'm on april 2025. I was there last january and missed it. Everyone had a good time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Rent a large SUV (for 6 if they have it) at the AVIS at the port and head North/West... you get to drive over the famous Juliana Bridge... out to Grote Knip beach. After a bit of time there, drive further North and over to the East side of the island to visit Shete Boka National Park. There's also a lake/park full of flamingos you can pass by (Salina Sint Marie)

I've done the above both by a jeep rental DIY, as well as with Eric's ATV adventures Curacao.

Both were fantastic days 

I second renting a car...there are some gorgeous beaches to visit in Curacao. I always use https://www.advancecarrentalcuracao.com They will drop the car to the port for you and meet you and then pick it back up at the port also. They give you a GPS loaded with all the spots as well as a cell phone for emergency.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If it is all adults and no excursions planned, consider a taxi to/from the Liquor factory.  The tour is pretty short then back near the port a walk around the waterfront area.  Some nice spots to see including the bridge, fort and the stores.  Don’t miss the building just over the bridge in the government complex with the cannon ball stuck in the wall from an old attack.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ed0890195c0cd8febe112856599f5f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.82ee0c272f2e3f36b78f092d2e1bdde3.jpeg

Edited by wdwkings
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marci22 said:

We did a free walking tour. It was good, about 2- 2 1/2 hours. It was hot but we stopped for waters/ices. Tip at the end. He took us all over. We had Rayay. Small group.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147278-d17340447-Reviews-Free_Walking_Tours_Curacao-Willemstad_Curacao.html

I second the suggestion of the free walking tour. I can’t agree that it will be hot though. It will be torturously hot. But we did stop to sit in the shade as the tour leader spoke and there were frequent stops. My husband and son cut out about half way through but they are big guys and sweat a lot. My daughter and I survived it and even did some more walking once the tour was over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, marci22 said:

We did a free walking tour. It was good, about 2- 2 1/2 hours. It was hot but we stopped for waters/ices. Tip at the end. He took us all over. We had Rayay. Small group.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147278-d17340447-Reviews-Free_Walking_Tours_Curacao-Willemstad_Curacao.html

We also did the free walking tour with Rayay.  We enjoyed it much more than the ship’s tour that we did the year before.  We felt like we got a good overview of the history and feel of the island

• Like 2

We’ve gone on Irie Tours on two separate occasions and enjoyed them both.  You can check out their website and prebook or just book them when you get off the ship.  

We’ve also golfed at Old Quarry.  The course was a little rough, but the views were beautiful and we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.  

• Like 1