Are you a maximalist cruise packer?

We tend to follow the "you pack it, you carry it" rule. 
But if we’re cruising out of Brisbane, I drop DW and the luggage at the BICT. She will drop off the luggage while I park the car. When we disembark, she waits with the luggage while I go and get the car. 
Simples!

Our November cruise will be a different story as we fly to Sydney and have an overnight stay. AND we’re on RCL so no self serve laundry. 🤦‍♂️

It depends on the cruise line.

Cunard? 2 suitcases each. Those tuxedos and gowns take up space.

Celebrity or Seabourn? One suitcase each. Casually elegant. 

Carnival? One duffel bag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

It depends on the cruise line.

Cunard? 2 suitcases each. Those tuxedos and gowns take up space.

Celebrity or Seabourn? One suitcase each. Casually elegant. 

Carnival? One duffel bag.

P&O ?

Forgot to mention one thing I always take, and that is a paper map of the cruise ship deck plan.  I know you can see where you are from the plans in all the lift/stair lobbies, but I like to see all the decks on one sheet of paper, so I can work out which is the best way to get from one place to another. Also very helpful when the lifts on some ships only go to some decks, not all.

I make my copy on two A4 sheets from the .pdf plans on CruiseDeckPlans.  Several times, people who have seen me consulting this useful deck plan have asked me where they can get one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Change of undies & a stubby holder in a plastic shopping bag? 🙂 

And I'm accused of overpacking - sheesh!

• Haha 5

Does anyone remember when a set of luggage was 4 pieces? and everyone's luggage was back/dark blue or a very dark green Super heavy when empty and had to be strapped all together if you had to drag it across a huge airport to get it checked in.  I remember it was a real process. LOL I packed 2 of the largest suitcases full of (just incase stuff) and (you never know stuff) along with (what I might wear stuff) Oh and my back pack full of toiletries. 😂 omg! absolutely CRAZY!! and that was for my very 1st & only 7 day cruise! 

Fast forward to today.  I now pack what can fit in hereimage.png.d8a0917e895831ddcfad801e4c61235f.png and my backpack image.png.df3a7c7d8976605358bc5c50c94b5fba.png👍 

• Like 2