NCL Encore Boarding Day Questions

Hello! We will be on board soon! I have a few boarding day questions. 

I saw on the dailies that someone posted an item on Day 1 where is says Luggage Dropoff- you may drop off your carryon luggage at Los Lobos Restaurant on Deck 8, AFT, Starboard side between 12:00p-4:00p. Is this for people to drop off their carryon bags while they explore the ship before the cabins open? Has anyone on here done this? How did it work? How did you get your bags back?

We have reserved our excursions, specialty dining, and Choir of Man spots. What other activities do we have to book when we are on board? Where do we do this? Is it best to reserve on the first day? I'm thinking you have to reserve the go carts. What about Laser Tag or the VR games or Escape Room? Do you need to reserve those ahead of time or can you show up on the day of and be able to play? Do you have to reserve any other entertainment or anything else?

I read on the dailies one should also register the kids for the kids club on arrival and go to the latitudes desk to reserve loyalty perk experiences.

Other than the muster drill check-in, is there anything else we should be sure to accomplish on arrival day?

As an aside, I was wondering how many kids have been onboard for these summer Alaska sailings.

Thanks!

Yes, there should be lots of kids on board.  However there may be a limited number of spots for each age group.  I would go get your kids registered immediately after checking in with your Muster Station.

Have a great cruise

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, karenna00 said:

Hello! We will be on board soon! I have a few boarding day questions. 

I saw on the dailies that someone posted an item on Day 1 where is says Luggage Dropoff- you may drop off your carryon luggage at Los Lobos Restaurant on Deck 8, AFT, Starboard side between 12:00p-4:00p. Is this for people to drop off their carryon bags while they explore the ship before the cabins open? Has anyone on here done this? How did it work? How did you get your bags back?

We have reserved our excursions, specialty dining, and Choir of Man spots. What other activities do we have to book when we are on board? Where do we do this? Is it best to reserve on the first day? I'm thinking you have to reserve the go carts. What about Laser Tag or the VR games or Escape Room? Do you need to reserve those ahead of time or can you show up on the day of and be able to play? Do you have to reserve any other entertainment or anything else?

I read on the dailies one should also register the kids for the kids club on arrival and go to the latitudes desk to reserve loyalty perk experiences.

Other than the muster drill check-in, is there anything else we should be sure to accomplish on arrival day?

As an aside, I was wondering how many kids have been onboard for these summer Alaska sailings.

Thanks!

You'll just have to ask where to drop off your handcarry. A lot of times, it is a very under utilized service. This was the collection at 1:30 before rooms opened on our last cruise. 

image.png.2118949d0c5022ad9a75f60454c03d84.png

There is no limit to the number of kids that can register for the Splash Academy, but they will use the Virtual Queue on the NCL app to "get in line" to drop your kids off. Once you reach the front of the "line", you have 15 minutes to report to the club before you are cancelled and you have to join the back of the line. 

Edited by BirdTravels

While I haven't dropped off bags specifically on the Encore, I did drop off my carryon bag on the Joy last month (and it looked nothing like the photo posted). There was an attendent to take your bag and give you a claim check when dropping off and the same upon pick up. There were probably 30-40 bags already there when I dropped mine off at 11:30. This was in the area right next to Q so it does vary by ship.

CruiseNext Desk is for Behind the Scenes tour and Dinner with the Officers. There was a line when we got there but it moved quickly.

Don't have kids but if having them in the kid's club, I would make that a priority.

All the information needed will be on the app when you get on board or you can get a paper copy of the FSD from Guest Services. If you have a plan and move along, you should be able to accomplish everything before lunch. 

Posted (edited)

We took our carry ons straight to the rooms.  I feel like we got on the ship by 1130-12 and the rooms were already available (9838 was rm #).

This was for the 6/30 cruise.

Edited by jjesq99

I forget the ship but we dropped bags off at the Bliss lounge. There was an attendant there and you had to access the area just from one line.It was very much used.

On 7/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, debenson0723 said:

While I haven't dropped off bags specifically on the Encore, I did drop off my carryon bag on the Joy last month (and it looked nothing like the photo posted). There was an attendent to take your bag and give you a claim check when dropping off and the same upon pick up. There were probably 30-40 bags already there when I dropped mine off at 11:30. This was in the area right next to Q so it does vary by ship.

There was an attendant there. But that was the collection of bags when we passed by.