How do you apply for the OBC using the 100 shares of stock

Can someone please explain how to apply for the OBC when you have 100 shares of stock.  I read somewhere that you can use an app...

but I would prefer to email someone directly instead of using the app. (I'm just not crazy about using apps if I can avoid it)

Thanks in advance for the help here

Just an FYI... Depending when your cruise is, you may not be able to accomplish this right away. We have a Cunard cruise in May of next year, and will not be able to request our shareholder OBC until November. Princess and Cunard didn't really enforce this in the past, but the new vendor seems to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

Can someone please explain how to apply for the OBC when you have 100 shares of stock.  I read somewhere that you can use an app...

but I would prefer to email someone directly instead of using the app. (I'm just not crazy about using apps if I can avoid it)

Email: Hello@Stockperks.com

Include: The ship; your booking number; name; & date of travel. (I include my phone number.)

Attach: The document showing ownership of 100 (or more) share of CCL stock.

You will get an immediate reply acknowledging the email, then a follow-up indicating the submission to Princess, or a request for more info.

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

Email: Hello@Stockperks.com

Include: The ship; your booking number; name; & date of travel. (I include my phone number.)

Attach: The document showing ownership of 100 (or more) share of CCL stock.

You will get an immediate reply acknowledging the email, then a follow-up indicating the submission to Princess, or a request for more info.

Enjoy your cruise!

^^^^ Make sure you delete/black out your account number

10 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

I recently applied for my shareholder credit for my upcoming Princess cruise.  I posted a few paragraphs about the experience to my roll call.  I'll include a portion of it below.  TL,DR:  very easy but needs some tech savviness and trust in our electronic overlords.

I downloaded the app and signed up for an account.  I also signed up for a separate app that's only used to grab my CCL shareholder information from my chosen brokerage (most are available; some of the big ones are explicitly not available).  That part of the app worked seamlessly, and it grabbed what information it needed in seconds.

Then I went back to Stockperks to apply for my shareholder credit for this cruise.  Actually, I tried to apply it for another cruise in 2025, but they weren't having it.  ☹️ Only cruises through 2024 can use this app.  I hit the Princess link, filled in some data about me and this cruise, and clicked the apply button.  That part was also very smooth and despite warnings about applying for the credit 2 or 3 weeks before the cruise, I got an e-mail saying my credit was applied about 10 minutes after I applied.  Shortly after that I went into the Princess Web site, logged in and tried to fake buy an excursion.  And indeed, the $100 credit was already there. 🙂

From initial download to my account being credited took about 30 minutes.  This was much smoother and faster than the old way of doing it - by mailing and faxing my info separately for each cruise.  I know some people have had problems with Stockperks, but my official review is thumbs up - way up!  👍  I recommend it for those who have CCL shares and some tech savvy.

Posted (edited)

Fedexretirre,

I tried e-mailing directly to Princess the first week of this month and got an e-mail back saying to use Stock Perks. Several e-mails and chats later still were told we had to use Stock Perks.

I took a blacked out printout of my Fidelity month end statement showing the 100 shares of CCl, uploaded the photo and with in 2 hours the OBC showed up. It worked great and did not feel like the fight that trying to go directly with Princess was.

Edited by cruisepest

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I use email only. I emailed to    SBPCL@Princesscruises.com 

it worked fine this way

Not in the last couple of months.

28 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I have zero expectation that it will work but I just sent in requests via email for our cruises next fall. It wasn't difficult so there's no big loss if it doesn't work but, when dealing with Princess, one never knows what might happen. 🤪

If I get a "Use Stockperks" reply I can give it a try then but many have reported that they won't apply it this far in advance when using Stockperks. It's not exactly an earth shaking problem and nothing to get my knickers in a twist about.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I sailed just last month and it worked when I emailed in April. I just did it again today so I'll see what happens.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:57 PM, shellbeachjim said:

Just an FYI... Depending when your cruise is, you may not be able to accomplish this right away. We have a Cunard cruise in May of next year, and will not be able to request our shareholder OBC until November. Princess and Cunard didn't really enforce this in the past, but the new vendor seems to be.

Currently, per Carnival Corp website, Carnival Corporation has only approved the shareholders benefit for sailings through December 31, 2024. Hopefully, they will choose to renew the benefit for 2025 sailings.

• Like 2