Question on Diamond Plus Specialty Dining BOGO

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I talked to them onboard this week and asked why someone else could book wonderland but I was told no. They said just depends which restaurants book up more. Each week they decide. I'm tired of the uncertainty. 

They sometimes restrict what restaurant you can use the BOGO at beyond what is in the terms? And since I brought up the topic, why is Hooked excluded? 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It is intended to be used for both meals by the individual who has the D+ status.  So as the one with that status you can book the first one for whatever night they now are enforcing and the second one subsequently.  The only catch as indicated by @PhillyFan33579 is it appears on some ships that they may have to be booked sequentially on nights one and two, which is different from previously. 

In the past we were always able to book the first meal on night one or two and the second one on any later night in the cruise.  That may be changing and you will just have to check with any of the specialty restaurant's maître d's once you have boarded. They will confirm how it can be used and will arrange the venues for you.

The C&A benefits chart states, "Purchase a specialty restaurant dinner cover charge during the first or second night of your cruise and enjoy complimentary dining for the second guest."

23 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

@leaveitallbehind I am confused by your answer. The post was asking about eating solo and paying for their meal one day and going back and getting a second meal for free later in the cruise.

Yes that was my question.

15 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

They will allow solo cruiser to book a second night

Thank you!

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Sailing by myself on Brilliance in December.  Any experience using the second (free) dinner for yourself on a separate, later night on the sailing?

38 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

They will allow solo cruiser to book a second night

Like Ken says, I do this on every solo cruise I am on so I'm very experienced with the BOGO as a solo..

So far 2024 on various ships, not a single ship allowed me to use the BOGO other than on night 1+2... not a single ship allowed any other night whatsoever, I asked on every one. Previous to 2024 it was hit or miss.

They will ask you to pre-pay the full amount of the most expensive of the two venues on night one, and when you show up to whatever venue you choose night two, your bill will be zero.

And also ask for the venues you want... for example Hooked is normally not included for BOGO. however on Navigator 3 weeks ago  I immediately went down to Hooked anyways and asked if I can use my BOGO. The answer was immediately "no". I went up to Chops, and the Restaurant Manager was there.... I kindly asked for Hooked again and said no problem: Chops night 1, Hooked night 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Like Ken says, I do this on every solo cruise I am on so I'm very experienced with the BOGO as a solo..

So far 2024 on various ships, not a single ship allowed me to use the BOGO other than on night 1+2... not a single ship allowed any other night whatsoever, I asked on every one. Previous to 2024 it was hit or miss.

They will ask you to pre-pay the full amount of the most expensive of the two venues on night one, and when you show up to whatever venue you choose night two, your bill will be zero.

And also ask for the venues you want... for example Hooked is normally not included for BOGO. however on Navigator 3 weeks ago  I immediately went down to Hooked anyways and asked if I can use my BOGO. The answer was immediately "no". I went up to Chops, and the Restaurant Manager was there.... I kindly asked for Hooked again and said no problem: Chops night 1, Hooked night 2.

Thank you!  Brilliance only has Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi, so I'll either do Chops x 2 or Giovanni's and Izumi.

On 7/20/2024 at 8:36 AM, MrsB05 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a way to search this forum with key words.

For the BOGO specialty dining, not sure if the "get one" person also needs to be Diamond Plus or can they be anyone regardless of loyalty status?

DH and I are cruising with new to Royal friends in August and would like each of them to be our respective "freebie" person.

TIA

We did this on the allure a few years ago.  Worked out well

26 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Thank you!  Brilliance only has Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi, so I'll either do Chops x 2 or Giovanni's and Izumi.

You may get some pushback at Izumi.  Many ships misread the benefits page and try to exclude Izumi however the regular Izumi is not excluded, it is Izumi Hibachi, Omakase and Izumi in the park that are excluded.  Once I show the manager this they have always allowed me to use my Bogo there.

image.thumb.png.3313f0ceeee1368d249d5bc3a2602a8b.png

9 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

You may get some pushback at Izumi.  Many ships misread the benefits page and try to exclude Izumi however the regular Izumi is not excluded, it is Izumi Hibachi, Omakase and Izumi in the park that are excluded.  Once I show the manager this they have always allowed me to use my Bogo there.

image.thumb.png.3313f0ceeee1368d249d5bc3a2602a8b.png

Brilliance only has regular Izumi, so you'd think there wouldn't be any confusion with venues that the ship doesn't even have.  But I'll push back myself and pull up the C&A benefits chart if necessary.  Had to do that at Wonderland on Harmony in January when they didn't know you could use a drink voucher for 40% off a bottle of wine under $100.  I don't think they ever figured out how to do it with a voucher, so the manager just manually discounted my bottle of wine.

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Chops & Giovanni's ... Filet & Osso Bucco make for a superb way to start a cruise!! 😉👍

Edited by Hoopster95

45 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Brilliance only has regular Izumi, so you'd think there wouldn't be any confusion with venues that the ship doesn't even have.  But I'll push back myself and pull up the C&A benefits chart if necessary.  Had to do that at Wonderland on Harmony in January when they didn't know you could use a drink voucher for 40% off a bottle of wine under $100.  I don't think they ever figured out how to do it with a voucher, so the manager just manually discounted my bottle of wine.

Ships employees just see Izumi and exclude it not realizing it is not the Izumi they have on board