Dress code

jcool

2 minutes ago, holidaylover10 said:

Also just to add to this we were sat at the Martini bar one evening and someone in a swimsuit with a cover-up arrived to order a drink. I personally think its a bit inappropriate when other people are dressed for dinner.

Indoor venues call for clothing, outdoor venues (with some exceptions) can be visited in a bathing suit/cover up (bar, mast grill. Etc.)

18 hours ago, holidaylover10 said:

Just back from the Constellation and saw men in very casual shorts, flip flops and t-shirts in the main dining room so anything goes now.

class is becoming a rare commodity these days...sad but true

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

There is a question for the president to address the lack of dress code enforcement or to change the rules.  I wonder if she will respond ...

I wouldn’t count on much…

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 10:48 AM, Kamfish642 said:

Plan to take a carry on for cruise, since we will be touring Italy post cruise on a train.  Do I need to take up suitcase space to pack a suit jacket or are dress pants/shirt (with or without a tie) appropriate for Evening Chic nights?

Not unless you want to. Definitely not needed.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:40 PM, holidaylover10 said:

Also just to add to this we were sat at the Martini bar one evening and someone in a swimsuit with a cover-up arrived to order a drink. I personally think it’s a bit inappropriate when other people are dressed for dinner.

I can do you one better 🙄. I was at the Martini bar around six o’clock when a “gentleman” sat down next to me in a bathrobe, no shirt, no shoes (I wasn’t going to investigate any further as to what he may or may not have been wearing underneath). I assumed he was either coming or going to the spa or hot tubs, but no…he just settled in for a martini.  Needless to say I took my martini to go.  🍸

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I can do you one better 🙄. I was at the Martini bar around six o’clock when a “gentleman” sat down next to me in a bathrobe, no shirt, no shoes (I wasn’t going to investigate any further as to what he may or may not have been wearing underneath). I assumed he was either coming or going to the spa or hot tubs, but no…he just settled in for a martini.  Needless to say I took my martini to go.  🍸

Some people truly do not care…

9 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I am a pretty chill guy and dress code "violators", within reason, don't really faze me.  That said, come on Celebrity, (and this is on them) the only way to make this stop is to NOT serve people like this and tell them why!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Oh boy!  We have a day spa we like where it’s very much acceptable to spend your day in your robe including meals but it isn’t a cruise.  🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1