Carnival Corporation Orders Three Additional Ships for Carnival Cruise Line, Introducing a New Class of Ships

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Princess Plus is very good and so is Princess Premier. One of the best features is cruisers can't pull gratuities.

Wow, an extremely rare occasion where we fully agree on something.  Plus & Premier are the reasons I currently have so many future cruises booked on Princess.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Couldn't care if Cheers works in the ship while we are docked at Celebration Key.  If Royal can extend their drink package to work at Coco Cay and Labadee, then Carnival should be able to do the same at the new private island that they own, unlike Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay.

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Why?  Because Royal does it?  Does that make it valid?

You have to admit that it is a good selling point.  Plus the fact that Royal has unlimited alcoholic drinks along with all of the other inclusions.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The current model means Carnival gets extra revenue from the Cheers package drinkers who have to purchase their drinks on the private islands.

If they extended Cheers to those locations, that would translate into a reduction in revenue, which they might balance by increasing prices elsewhere.

There is no current model, only a future model since Celebration Key doesn't open up till next year 

Cheers has a 15 drink ceiling.  Why should it matter whether up to 15 are consumed on board or if 10 are consumed on board and 5 are consumed on Celebration Key.  Royal, whose package is unlimited, extends their packages to Coco Cay and Labadee.

It comes down to a pure money grab by Carnival, plain and simple.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I understand that's how you feel. However we are discussing Carnival, not Burger King. You can't have it YOUR way. It is Carnival's Cruise Line and Carnival's rules. They aren't grabbing my money and there is no reason why I should subsidize others more than I do now.

You would not be subsidizing a thing.  Like I have said before, 15 drinks maximum with Cheers is what it is and why shouldn't cruisers be able to have 5 on Celebration Key and 10 on board? There is no logical reason to charge more to enjoy drinks on Celebration Key besides it being a pure money grab.

20 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Go back to post 317 when Tom posted how Royal's stock is doing compared to Carnival.  That's all you need as proof that Royal does certain things better than Carnival.

Stock prices often have no basis in fact and prove nothing. You'll still have to pay for alcohol on Celebration Key.

17 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

There is no current model, only a future model since Celebration Key doesn't open up till next year 

Cheers has a 15 drink ceiling.  Why should it matter whether up to 15 are consumed on board or if 10 are consumed on board and 5 are consumed on Celebration Key.  Royal, whose package is unlimited, extends their packages to Coco Cay and Labadee.

It comes down to a pure money grab by Carnival, plain and simple.

If everyone limited out on Cheers the price would jump UP. Not everyone is a drink grabber.

15 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You would not be subsidizing a thing.  Like I have said before, 15 drinks maximum with Cheers is what it is and why shouldn't cruisers be able to have 5 on Celebration Key and 10 on board? There is no logical reason to charge more to enjoy drinks on Celebration Key besides it being a pure money grab.

Sure I would be. Carnival has a business plan and I'm quite certain the first line isn't do whatever RCL does. You keep trying to tell Carnival how to run their business.

I will say, I thought (at initial glance) that the Epic was ugly. Nonetheless, I bit the bullet and gave her a try. It was a fantastic cruise, one of our most memorable! Once inside the ship, I quickly forgot about her outward "challenges" 🙂

BTW (and, IMO), I think 15 drinks/day is a lot. I've likely never even made it to double digits - and that was probably over a very long period of time.

Tom

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If everyone limited out on Cheers the price would jump UP. Not everyone is a drink grabber.

Never said that everyone limited out on Cheers.  A small percentage of people do, but once again, you still have not refuted my statement that 15 drinks max is 15 drinks max and it should not matter whether those drinks are consumed on board or at Celebration Key 

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Sure I would be. Carnival has a business plan and I'm quite certain the first line isn't do whatever RCL does. You keep trying to tell Carnival how to run their business.

If they did more things similar to Royal then maybe their stock would be in a better situation.

Spin doctoring on the subject doesn't change the fact that 15 drinks is 15 drinks and they should be able to be consumed on Carnival property, and that would include the ship and Celebration Key.  

30 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I will say, I thought (at initial glance) that the Epic was ugly. Nonetheless, I bit the bullet and gave her a try. It was a fantastic cruise, one of our most memorable! Once inside the ship, I quickly forgot about her outward "challenges" 🙂

BTW (and, IMO), I think 15 drinks/day is a lot. I've likely never even made it to double digits - and that was probably over a very long period of time.

Tom

Never been on NCL, except for the beautiful old Norway that has long since disappeared. I do feel that the giant square newer ships lack a bit of that old cruise ship sleekness and I marvel at the fact that they can actually move so well through the water.  I actually include Carnival's Excel class to a certain extent in that group, too.  I agree that once onboard, I love the larger, multi neighborhood ships and all of the things they offer.  When we first saw the renditions of Icon of the Seas, we were certain that we would never sail on her.  Once I saw the videos and heard the reviews, we decided to book Star of the Seas on her inaugural.  Our favorite ships are Spirit class size, but sometimes it's good to try other options.  It gets you out of a rut.

We don't come close to maxing out the drink package, but I can see where someone that drinks throughout the day on a sea day may come close and not be drunk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoperDK said:

Never been on NCL, except for the beautiful old Norway that has long since disappeared. I do feel that the giant square newer ships lack a bit of that old cruise ship sleekness and I

You should have cruised on the ship when it was the France...

eotd1.jpg

• Like 2