TRANSFER booking before quote

A TA quoted Price based on Specific category&cabin in the body of an email.

I intent on transferring the booking, however, now he is trying to back aqmway from the quote.

Then states; he "still needs booking transferred to know the actual price."

IF I transfer to him and he increases his price, how difficult is it to transfer AWAY from him?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPERTISE IN THE MATTER!

S.

Posted (edited)

Most cruise lines will allow a stateroom to be held for a couple of days without any financial transaction. If this TA cannot present a final actual price of the stateroom you are booking confirmed by a cruise line booking confirmation then I would seek another travel agent.  The above described practice is done every day.  Even without a stateroom being held the TA can confirm in writing the final total stateroom price without you placing a booking with them.

Once you transfer a booking to a TA it can be difficult to take it away and have him transfer it to someone else.  You would just have to cancel and rebook elsewhere.  Just be sure before you transfer anything if there are any cancelation or change restrictions by the cruise line for making any changes.

Also there are some TA's who charge extra fees not charged by the cruise line for changing or canceling a booking made through them.  Ask first, and IMO I would avoid any TA that does this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind