Pearl - Club Balcony Suite Upgrade - Do you still get the perks?

Howdy,

I called NCL today (our first cruise with NCL) after looking online and noted the price had dropped on our Cruise.  We originally booked a balcony cabin, deck 10 midships.  The price had dropped on those cabins so I talked to a rep.  He confirmed the price drop and stated that since we have already made final payment we had two options:  1) Future Cruise Credit which had to be used within 1 year (not an option for us based on other plans) or 2) Move it to upgrade our cabin.

Since we have our vacations booked for the following year the Cruise Credit was a no go.  I inquired about just turning it into OBC but he said it was not allowed, which sounded wierd to me.  Anyway, I opted to "upgrade" to a Club Balcony suite, got lucky got one midships but am a leary about being under the pool deck.  I've always avoided rooms with public spaces above/below but I figured lets give it a shot.  I don't think our particular cruise will be a party cruise considering its 9 day port every day greek cruise and not a 3 day booze cruise in the Caribbean/Bahamas.

We are going with two other couples and when I spoke with our friend she stated that she had read somewhere that if you upgrade to a Club Balcony, not a fresh booking, you will not be afforded the little extra's that come with this room (i.e. wine on embarkation, treats a few times throughout the cruise, bag of laundry).

I tried doing a search and I can't find that anywhere, don't really want to call NCL again, but has anyone heard of that?  Upgrade into the cabin you don't get the amenities.

Thanks for any insights

When you upgrade, either by paying, getting an upgrade due to price change, or winning a bid you receive all the perks that come with the new cabin category.  So you will get the wine treats, etc.  However, best you initially had with any free at sea promo may change depending on how the upgrade was done.  Since your upgrade was due to a price decrease, you should be keeping whatever promo you initially selected.  

The issue with being under the pool deck has nothing to do with a party cruise. The issue is the noise from people dragging chairs around.  This is especially annoying when crew puts the chairs away later at night and sets them up in the wee hours of the morning.  It's not drunk people making noise in and by the pool that's the problem.  

8 hours ago, sbnuggie said:

Howdy,

I called NCL today (our first cruise with NCL) after looking online and noted the price had dropped on our Cruise.  We originally booked a balcony cabin, deck 10 midships.  The price had dropped on those cabins so I talked to a rep.  He confirmed the price drop and stated that since we have already made final payment we had two options:  1) Future Cruise Credit which had to be used within 1 year (not an option for us based on other plans) or 2) Move it to upgrade our cabin.

Since we have our vacations booked for the following year the Cruise Credit was a no go.  I inquired about just turning it into OBC but he said it was not allowed, which sounded wierd to me.  Anyway, I opted to "upgrade" to a Club Balcony suite, got lucky got one midships but am a leary about being under the pool deck.  I've always avoided rooms with public spaces above/below but I figured lets give it a shot.  I don't think our particular cruise will be a party cruise considering its 9 day port every day greek cruise and not a 3 day booze cruise in the Caribbean/Bahamas.

We are going with two other couples and when I spoke with our friend she stated that she had read somewhere that if you upgrade to a Club Balcony, not a fresh booking, you will not be afforded the little extra's that come with this room (i.e. wine on embarkation, treats a few times throughout the cruise, bag of laundry).

I tried doing a search and I can't find that anywhere, don't really want to call NCL again, but has anyone heard of that?  Upgrade into the cabin you don't get the amenities.

Thanks for any insights

You are in a club balcony and get the extras associated with it including free laundry and a few treats delivered to your room. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 7:35 AM, mjkacmom said:

NCL hasn’t offered obc for price drops after final payment for a while, so not odd.

Good to know, this is our first time on NCL so were new to their business model.