Advice on upgrading to Murano 5 senses menu when on dining package

Bobal

I am about to take advantage of the current offer and book a dining package for our forthcoming cruise. I will be celebrating my birthday onboard and would like to dine in Murano that night and know that I will need to book my restaurants when onboard. However, I would like to do the 5 senses menu and wondered if anyone can advise how this works with a dining package. In the small print it mentions this can be added for a surcharge - is this surcharge added at the time of booking onboard? Also is this menu available any night in Murano and not like Chef's Table type dinners where everyone takes part at the same time on certain nights. For info, I will be on Eclipse. Thank you

While I have never done it... the difference in price would be $60 current price vs $124 for the Five Senses.     I would think it will be added on at time of ordering as there is no way to book the Five Senses in advance.  

• Thanks 1

The 5 senses menu is available every night. You dine with your party; it is not a group dinner. You order it when you are ordering from the server and pay the upcharge at the end of the meal. It does not include wine pairing but if you have a beverage package you can use it for your wine.  Take a good look at both menu's. A lot of the 5 senses dishes, if not all, are available on the standard menu.

• Thanks 1

We have the premium drinks pkg for our upcoming Nov cruise on Reflection. We booked the Murano tasting menu but I'm wondering now if that was necessary bc we already have the drink package. 5 senses was listed at $99 & it was on sale for $91.99.

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The 5 senses menu is available every night. You dine with your party; it is not a group dinner. You order it when you are ordering from the server and pay the upcharge at the end of the meal. It does not include wine pairing but if you have a beverage package you can use it for your wine.  Take a good look at both menu's. A lot of the 5 senses dishes, if not all, are available on the standard menu.

Agree…We have considered the tasting menu a few times but as it isn’t items not on the main menu it just doesn’t make sense…

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, workinmom3 said:

We have the premium drinks pkg for our upcoming Nov cruise on Reflection. We booked the Murano tasting menu but I'm wondering now if that was necessary bc we already have the drink package. 5 senses was listed at $99 & it was on sale for $91.99.

If I remember correctly, the wine pairing with the 5 senses is an additional fee on top of the fee for the 5 senses menu.

• Like 1

Some really helpful answers here. Thank you. It does appear that it's not worth paying extra for the tasting menu when most items are on the main menu anyway. I've also worked out the current offer on the 3 dinner dining package is also not worth it for us. It's 15% off the package but we get 15% off speciality dining as Elite+ anyway. The package only works out slightly cheaper if you intend to dine in LPCand Murano and Tuscan as part of the package, we're not interested in LPC and would prefer Sushi.