Question about bringing wine on board

Good day all, about to go on my 18th cruise, but first on NCL.  Greek isles in September.  I've read the alcohol policy, states I can bring wine on board and the corkage fee is waived if I have the drink package.  What I can't find is the limit.  On my other cruise line it was one bottle per person on embarkation only.  My reading of the NCL policy does not indicate a limit.  Can I bring a bottle on board at every port?  Yes I have the drink package, but the main reason I cruise is so i can sit on my balcony at night in my underwear and watch the ocean go by with a nice bottle of wine.  

3 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

Good day all, about to go on my 18th cruise, but first on NCL.  Greek isles in September.  I've read the alcohol policy, states I can bring wine on board and the corkage fee is waived if I have the drink package.  What I can't find is the limit.  On my other cruise line it was one bottle per person on embarkation only.  My reading of the NCL policy does not indicate a limit.  Can I bring a bottle on board at every port?  Yes I have the drink package, but the main reason I cruise is so i can sit on my balcony at night in my underwear and watch the ocean go by with a nice bottle of wine.  

If you can carry it onboard, (or, pack in your luggage) you may have as many bottles as you wish.

5 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you can carry it onboard, (or, pack in your luggage) you may have as many bottles as you wish.

Well, ain't that good news!  Thanks

• Like 2

I believe this is on embarkation day only  If you bring on any alcohol from a port, it is confiscated and held until the last day of the cruise.  This is what we have experienced.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief93 said:

You can’t find the limit because there isn’t one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief93 said:

You can hand carry wine onboard on embarkation day. As much as you can carry. But you have free wine with your drinks package. 

If you put it in your luggage, they should confiscate your bag and send it to the naughty room and you need to wait in a [ling] line on the first night of your cruise to get it out. They have no way of telling that it is wine and that you have a drinks package. 

We are also on a Greek Isle cruise in September.!!!! 4 days in Rome and I will be bringing a  few bottles of wine in my carry on to take home.  Or drink on my balcony if I dont feel like going to a bar in my jammies.... We have done this before and also brought wine back from a few ports and never had an issue 

1 hour ago, Jldevlin said:

We are also on a Greek Isle cruise in September.!!!! 

We are doing the 10th!  

And I appreciate the responses.  I want the whole bottle, so I really cant go get multiple bottles.  So now I know I need 9 bottles, and can carry them all on.  I'm really looking forward to this cruise.  I chose this itinerary intentionally as it is very port intensive with no sea days.  This will be my first NCL cruise, I'm sure many things are different, some are probably better, some worse.  All that really matters is I'm not at work.  I'm sure it will be a good time.

I have been able to carry wine on in port.  When I went through the x-ray machine coming back on board they tried to confiscate the wine, but I explained I had the drink package and was allowed to bring wine onboard.  No problem then.

However, if you are bringing on any alcohol (other than wine) it will be taken and given back on the last day of the cruise.

And yes, you can bring on as much wine as you like.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We walked right on the ship when we embarked in Civitavecchia with two bottles of Limoncello in our carry-on.

Nobody said a word. (NOTE: Limoncello is not wine).

I guess you were lucky, or they aren't as strict in Europe as in the Caribbean.

But again we know how consistent NCL is with their policies!  Lol!

14 hours ago, Chief93 said:

We are doing the 10th!  

And I appreciate the responses.  I want the whole bottle, so I really cant go get multiple bottles.  So now I know I need 9 bottles, and can carry them all on.  I'm really looking forward to this cruise.  I chose this itinerary intentionally as it is very port intensive with no sea days.  This will be my first NCL cruise, I'm sure many things are different, some are probably better, some worse.  All that really matters is I'm not at work.  I'm sure it will be a good time.

We have brought 10 bottles before, if the ship has a Cellars win bar you can store them there. 

6 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We walked right on the ship when we embarked in Civitavecchia with two bottles of Limoncello in our carry-on.

Nobody said a word. (NOTE: Limoncello is not wine).

If that was in the bottles that are shaped like ummm not liquor….they might have assumed it was a device for activities.

if you do not have the drink package how do they collect the corkage fee?  I could understand if you brought the bottle to dinner but it also says in your cabin.....what is the procedure?

3 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

if you do not have the drink package how do they collect the corkage fee?  I could understand if you brought the bottle to dinner but it also says in your cabin.....what is the procedure?

When you board there is a table where they record your cabin number and charge $15 for each bottle of wine to your onboard account. 

3 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

In most ports It is collected when you go through security. 

• Haha 1