Question about medallions

App has been kind of wonky lately but if you can order through there you will get an email saying they have been ordered and another one when they’re sent about 10-14 days before your cruise.

If the app doesn’t work you can order them through the web based version online.

8 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

App has been kind of wonky lately but if you can order through there you will get an email saying they have been ordered and another one when they’re sent about 10-14 days before your cruise.

If the app doesn’t work you can order them through the web based version online.

It will be awhile till the are shipped you can expect them to be shipped about 2 weeks before sailing date. If you show as green lane then they will be shipped otherwise call Princess and follow the links to Ocean Ready

46 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

they mail medallions free of charge for suites.

Really? They mail them as included with either the Plus package or the Premium package.

When did this become a Suite perk?

24 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Really? They mail them as included with either the Plus package or the Premium package.

When did this become a Suite perk?

Just looked at the full suite perks and mailing medallions is not one of them. Even with a suite you would need a package to get free delivery.  Same goes for room service and Ocean Now charges

We always sail in suites. We never get a package ( don’t drink). Everyone used to get them mailed to their home free. Now unless you have a package they charge $10 pp to get them mailed. Not a suite perk even though I think it should be considering the price of suites. We pay to get them mailed  because it’s one less thing to think about at boarding but many people don’t want to pay and  ( picking them up at the port) and wait the extra five minutes to go through the blue lane instead of the green. You arrange to get them on the App when you do your checking info. It’s very tedious. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Knickearth said:

We are cruising in Oct.  we are in a suite and it says they mail medallions free of charge for suites.

how can I tell if it is being mailed or not?

thanks

If you do not ORDER your Medallion thru the APP, the default is you will pick up at the port. For those who do not have to pay for Medallion shipping, you still need to order it thru the APP or calling if you do not have the APP. When you order your Medallion, you will select pick up at port or mail to an address. I believe if you will be charged, it is charged when the Medallion has shipped, about a few weeks before sailing.

Where did you see being in a suite entitles you to complimentary shipping of your Medallion?

Edited by wallyj

5 hours ago, wallyj said:

If you do not ORDER your Medallion thru the APP, the default is you will pick up at the port. For those who do not have to pay for Medallion shipping, you still need to order it thru the APP or calling if you do not have the APP. When you order your Medallion, you will select pick up at port or mail to an address. I believe if you will be charged, it is charged when the Medallion has shipped, about a few weeks before sailing.

Where did you see being in a suite entitles you to complimentary shipping of your Medallion?

So sorry, saw that soooo long ago.  Well, no harm in asking.  Thanks for info.

18 hours ago, MILLERVILE said:

Can you use ones from other cruise?

14 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

No. They are specific to the voyage.

While it is *technically* possible for medallions to be re-programmed...the batteries very often will not even last for a longer B2B sailing.  Many people (myself included) have had to go to guest services to get a new one after the battery died.  I even had one die before I could even get *on* the ship on embarkation day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

We sail in a few weeks.

got an email yesterday sailing they were on the way !

This is good to know as we are flying out 3 days before the cruise as we're flying into Australia. 

• Like 1