Website issues

mlmdaisy

I've only cruised with Oceania once and have booked a second cruise for December.  It's clear that technology is one of the few weaknesses.  Ironically, I experienced a pop-up survey on the website today. 

It does seem that I'm supposed to be able to book shore excursions, but that's currently not possible. Nothing happens when I try to check the boxes to select passengers for a tour.  Now I see why I was told I need to do this by phone.

Some of you have more experience with Oceania.  Does the survey mean that improvements are being planned?  Is there any hope for an app for when we're onboard?   

11 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

I've only cruised with Oceania once and have booked a second cruise for December.  It's clear that technology is one of the few weaknesses.  Ironically, I experienced a pop-up survey on the website today. 

It does seem that I'm supposed to be able to book shore excursions, but that's currently not possible. Nothing happens when I try to check the boxes to select passengers for a tour.  Now I see why I was told I need to do this by phone.

Some of you have more experience with Oceania.  Does the survey mean that improvements are being planned?  Is there any hope for an app for when we're onboard?   

The website goes under maintenance on the weekends. It should be back up tomorrow afternoon, but you can keep trying in case it goes up early.  However it's best to have your TA book them for you, once you decided, as the web excursion application has some serious quirks.

Ocean does not have an app at this time.

24 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

Does the survey mean that improvements are being planned?  Is there any hope for an app for when we're onboard?   

No and No. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The website plainly says it is undergoing maintenance today and many functions aren’t operational. Look across the top of the page!

It clearly states from 8-11 PM EST….which last I looked is not that time yet and not close to when they stated they tried. In addition, it clearly states the website will be unavailable during this time, nothing regarding many functions aren’t operation during times outside of 8-11 PM EST. 

Thank you.  There was no such message when I was trying.  Towards the end of the day, my booking totally disappeared and things look even wonkier today.

Clearly, the website is a mess.  I was going to call today with my excursion choices, but now I can't even see the options.

If this is related to website maintenance, I will suggest to the representative that some of us are still working and the week-ends are when we deal with travel planning.

I believe a more accurate posting , that reflected Tao’s intention , would have been 8:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m; or better yet 08:00-23:00. Communication isn’t one of their strong suits . However, since the sight was mostly non operational at 10:00 in the morning, it was obvious on what they really meant.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mlmdaisy said:

Thank you.  There was no such message when I was trying.  Towards the end of the day, my booking totally disappeared and things look even wonkier today.

Clearly, the website is a mess.  I was going to call today with my excursion choices, but now I can't even see the options.

If this is related to website maintenance, I will suggest to the representative that some of us are still working and the week-ends are when we deal with travel planning.

They are showing for both of my booked cruises. 

8 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe a more accurate posting , that reflected Tao’s intention , would have been 8:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m; or better yet 08:00-23:00. Communication isn’t one of their strong suits . However, since the sight was mostly non operational at 10:00 in the morning, it was obvious on what they really meant.

It was operational when I was in there yesterday as I was checking to see which excursions on one of my bookings were currently closed. Now of course I’d never book excursions on the site. Always quicker to just have them do it over the phone. 

2 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

Unfortunately it's been this way for years. Regulars pretty much know that the weekend will be a crapshoot as to whether it will work or not. I do agree that not everyone has time during the week. 

On 7/28/2024 at 7:08 AM, mlmdaisy said:

There you go, thinking logic should apply.

I doubt Corporate cares, since this issue has existed for years. Corporate probably thinks investments in IT are not “revenue enhancers” or whatever the lingo-speak is today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, asnaleah said:

I frequently get an error message stating I am not authorized to access the website.

Seems to happen for me when I have been looking at the deck plans and then try to go directly to some other function.  It eventually will allow access again. However for me I’ve found if I power my iPad off for a few seconds that seems to reset everything immediately and then have access. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 1:57 PM, PhD-iva said:

There you go, thinking logic should apply.

"Have I told you lately that I love you?" (Please sing.)

• Haha 1