Bring back omelet fillings!

4 hours ago, AmanaCruise2 said:

DH and I thought we were the only ones sorely missing our favorite Carnival omelets!!!!!! We always looked forward to our mushroom or bacon omelets. It may seem like a little thing to the "beards", but for those of us cruisers who look forward to certain cruise foods, this is pretty big for us. We are now resorting to scrambled eggs, which we can get anywhere, anytime. Breakfast has become a sad disappointment. Please don't criticize how we feel - breakfast, especially in the dining room, used to be a highlight for us. Sometimes we don't think it's worth it. Is this what the beards was hoping for?? (Really Carnival???? Is removing mushrooms and bacon worth this much to you??????)

Breakfast in the MDR is a morning BIG deal for us. Sad not what it use to be. I did enjoy my custom omelets with Mushrooms !!! Platinum cruiser and things seem to be getting worse 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently, the reasoning behind stopping the mushrooms at Guy's was food waste, not necessarily financial. Apparently they were throwing too many off them out versus how many were eaten.

A while back I asked a Guy's server why the mushrooms were taken off the fixin's bar and he said too many people were loading up plate loads of the mushrooms and they had to keep refilling the bar, so they just took them off. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Breakfast in the MDR is a morning BIG deal for us. Sad not what it use to be. I did enjoy my custom omelets with Mushrooms !!! Platinum cruiser and things seem to be getting worse 

I hope I don't come across as a jerk on my reply, even as I approach "get off my lawn" status at 65. My wife and I might be done with Carnival. That's a bold statement for us, as we cruised in 1987 on the Mardi Gras (my second on that ship, her first) and made diamond in November 2022.

We've cruised on everything with a funnel from here in Galveston up to that, and the New Years Eve trips on the Triumph were great fun. Then... things changed post Covid. They cut corners at a rapid rate. We could see it in staff reduction in the dining room, cabin stewards, on deck cleaning and a few others contributed to an overall decline in value for our dollars.

Our last two trips were both on the Breeze, and after reading reviews here posted as recently as last week it's a floating mess. With our work careers we love the 4-5 day journeys and will never get tired of a day at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and a long weekend taking a cruise. Not anymore.

We celebrated our 40th on the Quantum of the Seas from Seattle to Alaska and promptly pounced on an amazing balcony rate for the Icon this past March. Neither ship felt as crowded at any venue or event as the Breeze and Dream. The prices were comparable based on an offer from our travel agent.

Perhaps we have aged out of the hairy chest contest, mixology bit or 100 decibel hip-hop on the lido deck, or no enforcement of priority lines at Guest Services, debarkation elevator madness and whatever else I can't remember.

Long answer, but we took a sixteen year exclusive run on Carnival and are now diamond on Royal, We have two booked with them in the next year. I have thirteen months of chemo left, memories to be made. Come go with us.

Funship Freddy has left he building...

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

Am I the only one who uses the omelet station for eggs over easy? A little sausage, 3 eggs over easy, a hand full of grits, cup of black coffee and I'm set for the day. 

I switch between over easy and omelets

14 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I always determine my cruise and CruiseLine by the omelets offered...  

You must not be too disappointed regarding the omelettes available on Carnival since you have a B2B on them later this year and two B2B2B's booked for next year. 😉

2 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You must not be too disappointed regarding the omelettes available on Carnival since you have a B2B on them later this year and two B2B2B's booked for next year. 😉

OMG... sarcasm folks...  y'all need to lighten up.

Can't even believe this is a topic posted.  😕

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

OMG... sarcasm folks...  y'all need to lighten up.

Can't even believe this is a topic posted.  😕

What I can't comprehend is your cruise history with Carnival.  Four in 20 years, 16 years off and then 12 in 29 months.

13 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

What I can't comprehend is your cruise history with Carnival.  Four in 20 years, 16 years off and then 12 in 29 months.

Do the basic math assumptions... why would we take 16 years off... what is most common with 16 years that folks might take off... ?

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Do the basic math assumptions... why would we take 16 years off... what is most common with 16 years that folks might take off... ?

Parents stopped paying.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Guess you didn't want to take the kids on a Carnival cruise with you.  I could assume that your first one in 1987 was with your parents.  And the recent dozen over 29 months are probably comp cruises from gambling since retirement wouldn't coincide with the timeline.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Guess you didn't want to take the kids on a Carnival cruise with you.  I could assume that your first one in 1987 was with your parents.  And the recent dozen over 29 months are probably comp cruises from gambling since retirement wouldn't coincide with the timeline.

Not even close on all counts.  I'm beginning to think that perhaps you were the one spoiled by their parents paying for travel and vacation... or why would this be forward on your mind ?

What would cause any persons to take a 16 year hiatus from travel ?  It's quite common.

7 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Not even close on all counts.  I'm beginning to think that perhaps you were the one spoiled by their parents paying for travel and vacation... or why would this be forward on your mind ?

What would cause any persons to take a 16 year hiatus from travel ?  It's quite common.

Does it involve a felony?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

My parents never took me on a cruise.  I paid for my first one in 1986 on the original Jubilee.  I already guessed that having kids caused your hiatus.

• Like 1

Nobody is threatening to jump ship over this topic.  If you think it is too trivial to concern yourself with, perhaps you should just scroll on.  I simply wanted to point out that we noticed that the choices available are woefully limited and we would like to go back to having more variety.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

My parents never took me on a cruise.  I paid for my first one in 1986 on the original Jubilee.  I already guessed that having kids caused your hiatus.

Really wasn't that difficult of a riddle.  Glad to see there is at least one person that thinks...

We paid for our first cruise in 1987... and on the Jubilee as well.

Edited by VentureMan_2000
  • Like 1

While omelette fillings may seem trivial to some, it's a change. And people are going to discuss changes on these boards. That's why these boards are here. To discuss anything cruise related. 

People expect their next cruise to have the same level of service as their last cruise. 

Lately Carnival has been making changes that reduce the level of service people are expecting. So people are going to discuss those changes here. 

Omelette fillings, premade deli sandwiches, mushrooms on the burger fixin's bar, etc. And what's with the BACON EVERY OTHER DAY??

Covid is in the rear view, Carnival is building new mega ships, yet the cut backs continue. 

Come on Carnival, let's get some of these "trivial"  complaints addressed. Restore the omelette fillings, make fresh made deli sandwiches, put the mushrooms back, and for God's sake.... Gimme some BACON WITH BREAKFAST EVERY DAY!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

While omelette fillings may seem trivial to some, it's a change. And people are going to discuss changes on these boards. That's why these boards are here. To discuss anything cruise related. 

People expect their next cruise to have the same level of service as their last cruise. 

Lately Carnival has been making changes that reduce the level of service people are expecting. So people are going to discuss those changes here. 

Omelette fillings, premade deli sandwiches, mushrooms on the burger fixin's bar, etc. And what's with the BACON EVERY OTHER DAY??

Covid is in the rear view, Carnival is building new mega ships, yet the cut backs continue. 

Come on Carnival, let's get some of these "trivial"  complaints addressed. Restore the omelette fillings, make fresh made deli sandwiches, put the mushrooms back, and for God's sake.... Gimme some BACON WITH BREAKFAST EVERY DAY!

While covid thankfully is in the rear view mirror, Carnival Corp lost almost 3 billion dollars in 2020/2021. That is a big chunk of change to make up for, so yeah, out of necessity they've cut corners wherever they could.  It would be lovely to go back to the days of cruising where they left chocolates on my pillow, there was a real midnight buffet, the captain threw a cocktail party for everyone, and we felt like cruising was the treat that was deserving of us saving all year to be able to sail.  But, I don't see that happening, times are different everywhere these days. If it ever gets to the point that cruising feels awful without a few extras, then I'll just do something else. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Am I the only one who uses the omelet station for eggs over easy? A little sausage, 3 eggs over easy, a hand full of grits, cup of black coffee and I'm set for the day. 

No the only one, I ask for over medium. Though I rarely get that, I know its difficult to do even when you're not making 100's of eggs/omelets. As long as the white isn't runny, I'm fine with it. 

• Like 1