Tamarind night in pinnacle grill zuiderdam?

Going on a 21 day carribean cruise in November on the zuiderdam.   I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere,  that the Pinnacle would serve the Tamarind menu one night as a special event.  Has anyone actually seen this?  

8 minutes ago, jenp123 said:

Going on a 21 day carribean cruise in November on the zuiderdam.   I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere,  that the Pinnacle would serve the Tamarind menu one night as a special event.  Has anyone actually seen this?  

It's happened quite often - it's called a "pop up" dinner. If there are any on your cruise you'll see them listed when you go online to book specialty dining. That, plus the Pinnacle will miraculously have NO available openings for that night - it'll be booked under a different dinner name. For my upcoming Zuiderdam cruise one night will be Morimoto popup, which will be held in the Pinnacle Grill. 

Sue/WDW1972

7 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

It's happened quite often - it's called a "pop up" dinner. If there are any on your cruise you'll see them listed when you go online to book specialty dining. That, plus the Pinnacle will miraculously have NO available openings for that night - it'll be booked under a different dinner name. For my upcoming Zuiderdam cruise one night will be Morimoto popup, which will be held in the Pinnacle Grill. 

Sue/WDW1972

Do the 25% or 50% mariner discounts work for pop ups?

We were on a 28-day "Collector" cruise in Asia in February. On several evenings, at sporadic intervals, the Canaletto was made to impersonate the Tamarind, even up to the signage. DW & I tried it once, and were less than impressed. They explained, when I inquired, that they were lacking the distinctive bar ware customarily used for serving saki. And I had to make a special request for chopsticks. They applied one of our HIA credits without us having to ask.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

We were on a 28-day "Collector" cruise in Asia in February. On several evenings, at sporadic intervals, the Canaletto was made to impersonate the Tamarind, even up to the signage. DW & I tried it once, and were less than impressed. They explained, when I inquired, that they were lacking the distinctive bar ware customarily used for serving saki. And I had to make a special request for chopsticks. They applied one of our HIA credits without us having to ask.

Interesting.  I’m currently on the Volendam. Pre cruise, I happened to book the PG for the evening that is now the Tamarind pop up dinner.  They will not allow us to use our HIA dining credit for the pop up.  So I’m using the remaining credit for a PG lunch instead…. And we’re paying for the Tamarind pop up.

14 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

, I happened to book the PG for the evening that is now the Tamarind pop up dinner.  

Do you recall when they added the pop up to the schedule? Sounds like not pre-cruise, for sure. 

Day of, boarding day, just watch the daily paper?

27 days on the Zaandam next year, Tamarind would be a welcome addition once or twice.