Celebrity Credit Card OBC

I obtained a $250 OBC as a bonus when I opened a Celebrity credit card through Chase.  I was going to use the $250 OBC while on a Celebrity cruise this past Spring, however, my husband was injured and we had to cancel that trip.  We have another Celebrity cruise planned in a few months.  Can I move that OBC to one of the other cruises or did I lose it?  Thx.

Posted (edited)

My understanding is your will lose it.  But that would have already occurred if your original cruise was to take place last spring as the OBC is assigned to a specific sailing date.  As that date is past it would be too late to try to move it now.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

36 minutes ago, peachquilter said:

Can I move that OBC to one of the other cruises or did I lose it?

Absent seeing the T&C under which it was granted, it's impossible to speculate.

12 hours ago, jwlane said:

Absent seeing the T&C under which it was granted, it's impossible to speculate.

This is the T & C I could find regarding this:

All selections are final and non-transferable to another ship or sailing date after you complete your transaction.

The original poster stated their card is from Chase. My Celebrity card was issued by a different financial institution. 
There may be different T&C for each bank. 

At one time, maybe around the time of the shutdown, the BOA Celebrity CC redemption was transferable. The paperwork from the redemption is kept in the CC account and with the transaction number you could call Celebrity and have it applied to a different sailing.  

This is why I dropped my CC with X/RCG and BOA. I lost $300 out of $1000 OBC. I found out after many hours on the phone with BOA and then Celebrity that BOA doesn't do anything about credits after it passes it to X. And X has an hand system of accounting for it. I was able to locate some of the credits, they were over 5 cruises during the pandemic. But I lost a some of them because they could not locate the transactions. I found that there are several departments that handle any problems with the OBC and none talk with one another. I did have one X customer service person that took it as a challenge to help and she was able to go above and beyond. When calling ask for someone that handles all problems with OBC credit and make sure you have all documentation from transactions made on line and then all reservation numbers. Good luck be patient and ready to spend many hours on this issue. You should be able to get some or all back. After this mess I dropped my card because BOA did not care and X systems are antique as we all know.  Good luck.

4 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

The original poster stated their card is from Chase. My Celebrity card was issued by a different financial institution. 
There may be different T&C for each bank. 

Good point.  Mine is from BAC.  So, although trying to help, my previous post may not be relevant. 

I still wonder if it isn't lost, however, as the original cruise was in the spring and already canceled with no apparent attempt then to preserve the OBC?

Thx for your help.  I was able to get all of my OBC transferred over to our September cruise.  I was on the phone about 3-4 hours.  It appears that Celebrity treats credit card OBC different than the OBC given by the cruise line.  (I did misquote the bank who holds the credit card, it is BofA).

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, peachquilter said:

It appears that Celebrity treats credit card OBC different than the OBC given by the cruise line.

Not trying to state the obvious but that's because it isn't from the cruise line and not their money.  It is from a third party who has their own terms and conditions associated with it.  Not unlike third party OBC from a family member, or TA, etc. Carries different policies than cruise line issued OBC, which as the name states is their money.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I just got a BoA Celebrity card and spent my requisite $1000 to get 30,000 points. Our cruise is not until September 2025, so will those points expire? I will continue to use the card, probably for groceries, so it won't be dormant. I know I can search through FAQs and try to discern the rules. However, someone on here, likely knows the answer, and if that person has time to share their experience, I'll be so happy, and much les frustrated. I understand most people here better than FAQ-speak.  Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, bbappel said:

so will those points expire?

Log in to your BoA CC account, click "View MyCruise Points" and you can access the expiration schedule.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Log in to your BoA CC account, click "View MyCruise Points" and you can access the expiration schedule.

Thank you. Found it. Mine aren't active yet, since I haven't even been billed yet. And it says they are available for 5 years from earning. Probably you have to keep using the card, but that's not a problem.