Civitavecchia to FCO (Rome) Airport

LLV Atl

Hello Cruisers:

I am planning a Greek Isles cruise next summer for my family on Royal Caribbean – Odyssey of the Seas. Ideally, we’d like to take a direct flight back home to Atlanta at the end of the cruise, however the current departure time is 11:30am.
Does anyone have experience and/or suggestions on making such a tight itinerary?  Are we able to request an “early disembark” from the ship in order to  catch a private transfer to the airport asap?

Thanks so much for your feedback. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic! 

You will be able to make that flight. You might want to consider private transport, but cruise line transfers should get you there in time. FCO is known for being inefficient, but there have been improvements recently. You will have additional procedures for a non-stop (the more accurate term) flight to ATL.

By the way, you will find this discussed, and tons more info, on the Italy board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

• Thanks 1

I could have taken a 11am non stop flight from Rome.  I decided not to feel rushed, I decided to stay at the Hilton Airport (attached to the FCO by a covered walkway) and have the same non stop flight the next day.

The first time I took a post cruise excursion that dropped off at the airport and I walked to the Hilton Airport.

The second time, I book a private car service Rome Cabs and we were one of the last to leave the ship and was dropped off at the Hilton Airport.

www.romecabs.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I could have taken a 11am non stop flight from Rome.  I decided not to feel rushed, I decided to stay at the Hilton Airport (attached to the FCO by a covered walkway) and have the same non stop flight the next day.

Honestly, I love this as a way to end a vacation. It's not an extra day but you have nothing to do (since you're at the airport, usually far from the city) except relax, watch tv, ready a book, nap, eat, and drink copious amounts. And watch planes.  

• Like 3