NCL Getaway Vibe Beach Club

It can be.

I did it for 2 weeks summer 2022 & it wasn't for me. Biggest issue is that there is no pool. There are 2 spas, but that doesn't cool one down much.

I believe it was open like 9-7? I think you could go anytime, but that was bar service time.

The best part about it is that it is never crowded & there are no children. Great service.

NCL pool decks always seem to be much too small for the number of passengers.

If you don't mind that there is no actual pool, then it is probably worth it.

For it to be worth it you have to want to sit outside quite a bit. I’ve done my time in the sun, so it’s not for us. 

• 3 weeks later...

Weather >> Crapshoot

Lost 4-5 Vibe days (of 15) last November to inclement nastiness aboard Getaway.

(We KNEW it was a crapshoot when we purchased).

Well worth it when we were able to use it.

• Like 2

For us, it is always worth it.   We would not sail on a ship which has one without getting the passes.    I just think of the cost of it as a very long and multi-day excursion.

10 minutes ago, Pebbs48 said:

Are there shaded areas or umbrellas in the vibe?

Yes they have umbrellas and you can ask for help in getting them situated. If it’s super windy they don’t allow them though (from what I read online).

9 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

Yes they have umbrellas and you can ask for help in getting them situated. If it’s super windy they don’t allow them though (from what I read online).

If it's windy is there any shade other than using an umbrella?

1 minute ago, uneamie said:

If it's windy is there any shade other than using an umbrella?

Without umbrellas and aside from the bar which is very shaded, no it’s a very sunny deck unless you have a cabana.  These vary a lot by ship but on Joy you could get quite a lot of shade in the cabana.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2024 at 7:28 PM, leithbones said:

Weather >> Crapshoot

Lost 4-5 Vibe days (of 15) last November to inclement nastiness aboard Getaway.

(We KNEW it was a crapshoot when we purchased).

Well worth it when we were able to use it.

We're on day 4 of a 12 day cruise on Getaway and the Vibe has been closed so far due to high winds and waves.

I wonder what the record is of percentage of days closed due to weather. I'm not booked, but I am starting to wonder if it will only be open for our 3 port days since there are lots of storms in the Atlantic. We already lost 2 of our 5 ports this cruise. I feel bad for people who paid for it. Also

thermal spa, the pool and hot tub are drained there. 

Surely if the weather was so bad that Vibe NEVER opened they would budge on their "no refund or credit" stance.

4 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Surely if the weather was so bad that Vibe NEVER opened they would budge on their "no refund or credit" stance.

You MAY be able to get something for an FCC or something, but I wouldnt hold my breath.  On our 7 day cruise last december I THINK it was only closed 1 day at sea.. As was other stuff on the top deck...  And we loved it.   100% am looking forward to Escape in Feb 25,  will survive Epic in December.. 

It's looking to be open maybe 4 or 5 days of this 12 day cruise and those are port days. Sucks for those paying for it but there are three Atlantic storms/hurricanes we are dodging with 30mph winds and 15 foot waves.

I doubt I'll ever buy a pass myself as I'm not a big pool deck person, but I now know to advise people if they purchase it, especially during hurricane season and on TAs, to check the forecast the latest you can still cancel before the start of the cruise. If it's storms galore, it's safer to assume there will be days, perhaps many, where it's closed, so you can evaluate if you want to keep it.

• Like 1

Vibe is great for almost all sailings minus trans atlantic crossings. It gets very windy which they close the deck. We typically do cruises out of new orleans, miami, port canaveral and have never seen vibe closed, but we may be lucky. If you really want that private outdoor space, bite the bullet and book the Haven!

5 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Vibe is great for almost all sailings minus trans atlantic crossings. It gets very windy which they close the deck. We typically do cruises out of new orleans, miami, port canaveral and have never seen vibe closed, but we may be lucky. If you really want that private outdoor space, bite the bullet and book the Haven!

That's what I'm in now, though the pool and sundeck of the Haven has been closed these first four days!

It's been too windy for me on my balcony, but I've hung out some in the inside Haven area. And I have been quite enjoying my 2-person jacuzzi tub with a window overlooking the ocean! I adore jacuzzi tubs and a relaxing soak in tubs in general.

i was on the getaway out of new york a few months ago to the caribbean. stormy weather and vibe closures or closures for part of the day nearly 50% of our sea days. no refunds that i am aware of. but they actually stopped selling the vibe onboard due to predictions of bad weather, even though it wasn't sold-out.

1 hour ago, rabidstoat said:

That's what I'm in now, though the pool and sundeck of the Haven has been closed these first four days!

It's been too windy for me on my balcony, but I've hung out some in the inside Haven area. And I have been quite enjoying my 2-person jacuzzi tub with a window overlooking the ocean! I adore jacuzzi tubs and a relaxing soak in tubs in general.

Are you able to enjoy the Haven hot tubs in the courtyard (guessing since pool is closed, these are too) and the sauna in the Haven area? 

I sailed Getaway this past April for 10 days and had the best time in Vibe.

It made my vacation so much better.

It only closed once for half a day.

Now, there are plenty of umbrellas, but if it's windy (and it is most days at sea) they won't open them.

If that's the case, there is very little shade up there. Maybe just at the bar and in the hot tubs.

If you need to have shade most of the time, Vibe, on Getaway, may not be for you.

Posted (edited)

Admittedly, I tend to put money I'd spend on the VIBE towards a Haven Fare.  But, I can see the allure of the Vibe if you're in a Balcony (or below) cabin.

The Vibe level of service matches that of the Haven pool/hot tub area.    It's not crowded.  The waitstaff and bartenders are more engaging than they are on the other parts of the ship.  

The chairs and couches are nice in the VIBE.  And, I've never seen a chair hog anywhere in the VIBE.

That said, no one can control the weather.  So, if it's really windy in the Vibe, that might be an issue.

That said, the last time I was on the Getaway, in the VIBE, the cost was $79/pp.  This was before the Covid shutdown, though.

Edited by graphicguy

i think that most who have enjoyed the haven sun deck and the vibe say that service is actually better and staff more attentive in the vibe than the haven. but that's mostly for the non-prima class ships, which typically don't have a bar in the haven sun deck.

chair hogs don't exist in the vibe because the place is capacity controlled and there is a place for everybody. that being said, they do allow you to keep your stuff on a chair all day precisely because there is always room for everybody. some people think that's swell; others are bothered by the practice.

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Are you able to enjoy the Haven hot tubs in the courtyard (guessing since pool is closed, these are too) and the sauna in the Haven area? 

Not sure about the sauna. The hot tubs have been open in the Haven and on the main pool deck one below. I'm not sure if they were open every day but definitely today. 

I've just been using my in room jacuzzi tub because it is not windy and has an ocean view.

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That said, the last time I was on the Getaway, in the VIBE, the cost was $79/pp.  This was before the Covid shutdown, though.

I don't know if that would even get you a day pass now. I have a 12-day cruise on the Encore in December and the Vibe is $319/person.

It also doesn't say anything about a food credit. It says ocean view, upgraded loungers, and drinks. 

I wonder if it's "drinks if you have a drink package" or "drinks for everyone."