JamieLogical's Live from the Enchanted Princess 8/10

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Wow, another from JamieLogical! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

JamieLogical was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Cruise Itinerary Map

I am only 9 days away from my 14-day repositioning cruise on the Enchanted Princess and I am not prepared! Cruise prep has been almost non-existent and I have a hugely long to-do list to complete before we fly down to West Palm Beach exactly one week from tomorrow. I do, at least have a packing list put together and I believe I have nearly everything that is on it, having inventoried all my supplies and purchased what was missing. We received our medallions last night, so it is finally feeling very real. So, I thought it was about time to start my live blog to track my pre-cruise progress.

We were just on the Enchanted in May. You can read the live blog from that sailing here. I expect this sailing to be very different since it is 14 days. We will have far more sea days to fill with drinks, board games, and casual dining. We are also going to some ports we have never visited before. I have never been to San Juan or Dominica and my husband has never been to either of those nor St. Maarten. We have excursions booked in Dominica and St. Maarten. We definitely plan to go ashore and explore on our own in Curacao (for the hundredth time), Barbados (for the second time), and San Juan (for the first time).

When we originally booked this sailing we weren't very confident we would actually do it. We thought we would both need to work onboard. My husband was uncertain about taking so much time off and I work at a college where these two weeks are the two weeks right before classes start. We weren't sure whether the wifi would support our working onboard. We also weren't sure about sailing Princess again after our worst cruise ever having been on a Princess ship. So we thought we would make the decision based on our experience in May, which disembarked one day before final payment was due on this sailing. We both tried accessing our work VPNs and checking how well our WebEx and Zoom calls worked while we were onboard. And overall the Princess experience was good enough to sway us to make our final payment.

Turns out my husband isn't going to have to work while we are onboard after all, but I still plan to work about two hours a day except for our Curacao, St. Maarten, and San Juan port days. We'll see if that actually turns out to be necessary. We had planned to upgrade to the Princess Premier package partially because of the need to work online and the hassle of switching between devices for multi-factor authentication. I had a truly horrendous experience trying to do that upgrade prior to sailing.

I tried to do the upgrade via online chat. I confirmed with the agent that the cost to upgrade would be $20 per person per day for a total of $560 on this 14-day sailing. After he processed the upgrade, my booking showed I owed $1408 (this was after we had already made final payment). He then attempted to fix the issue by reverting us back to Princess Plus. After he did that, our booking showed we owed $1512! I was then on the phone with Princess for THREE full hours before we finally got our booking reverted back to where we had Princess Plus and a zero balance. Needless to say, we left it at that and resolved to just upgrade once onboard.

Even though the 4-device wifi isn't as essential now that my husband won't be working onboard, I think we will still go ahead with the upgrade. With so many sea days, we will have ample opportunity to do casual dining for lunches in addition to dinners. Also, we went ahead and booked Rudi's and Crown Grill online with a credit card, and expect that to just be refined to our onboard account like it was for our May sailing. We are giving Rudi's another try despite the horrible experience we had there on the May cruise (refer to the link to the live blog from that sailing above), because everyone seems to insist that the food there is excellent.

Okay, I will leave it here for now. I will continue to update this thread as I (hopefully) make progress on my cruise prep.

• Like 10

I'll be following along! Get her up here so I can get on! lol...looking forward to one last review\blog to study up on before we board.  Glad your husband doesn't have to work, I'm sure that makes the trip a little more relaxing. 

Well, I made zero progress on cruise prep yet again last night. My husband started doing a little of his packing. I did add one item to my packing list (new wireless earbuds) and double-checked my to-do list to make sure nothing was missing. Since I don't have much to report, I am going to share some of the items that I always bring on cruises that should maybe be on your packing lists, if they aren't already.

Rebound Patches - We like to take full advantage of our drink packages onboard and these help prevent hangovers. I swear by them and wear one every day onboard. https://www.amazon.com/REBOUND-Classic-Party-Patch-Nightlife/dp/B0CMSJGJ37/

61PjaL9ElkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Liquid IV - While the Rebound Patches work well, you still need to stay hydrated, so I try to drink at least one bottle of water a day with this mixed in. It's also great for bringing on extremely hot shore excursions where you might sweat out a lot of fluids. https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-I-V-Hydration-Multiplier-Single-Serving/dp/B09VCS1YM1/71SJ08i6ZYL._SL1500_.jpg

White Noise Machine - At home my husband and I sleep with two fans on in our bedroom. When we travel, we miss the white noise from the fans. We bought this teeny tiny white noise machine to travel with. It is surprisingly loud (volume can be adjusted) and it just charges with a USB charger. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7S213SX/

51RUHKMLNWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jewelry Box - I bought this cute little jewelry box that zips shut to hold my jewelry when traveling. I used to just pack it loose in a small bag until the post broke off the back of one of my favorite pairs of earrings. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BBVQQ2D7/

71yCMH1JuuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lanyards - I have two lanyards that I swap between depending on my outfit. I use them for both cruise keycards on other lines and my medallion on Princess. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7XIB7B/ and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNY1RL3/
LUXIANDA Fashion Lanyard for Keys Badge Lanyards for Women ID Necklaces Badge Holder Stainless steel chain

LUXIANDA Personality and elegance Lanyard Necklace, ID Badge and Key Holder for Women,Office Lanyard Necklace Key Lanyard Badge ID Holder, stainless steel chain

Cliff Bars - I bring these with me whenever I go hiking, travel, plan to be out of the house for a long period of time, etc. They are easy to carry, don't take up much space, don't get too melty in the heat, and have a great balance of carbs and protein when you are feeling hangry. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XEDS5I/

71rW5mTSKAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hat - I *highly* recommend that EVERYONE get a foldable/scrunchable hat. The sun is the enemy and a light, breathable hat with a brim that you can fold or scrunch down to fit into a pocket or a purse is just so important when going on excursions and such. I recommend one with a chin strap for windy situations. I don't have this exact one, but something similar to this will do. https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Unisex-Moisture-Wicking-Protection/dp/B0058YU2DS/

71Jx-YuOD8L._AC_SX679_.jpg

USB Adaptors - On the Enchanted and many other ships, there are USB outlets built into lamps or as wall outlets. These are always USB-A outlets, but all of my devices now use USB-C, so I bought these handy little adaptors. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092JNHDSB/

61Ncv7J58BS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Power Blocks - Speaking of USB and power, nearly every ship I have ever been on (except the Emerald Princess) has had at least one EU outlet somewhere near the desk or nightstand. So I bring one or more of these power blocks that convert an EU outlet into multiple US and USB outlets. The first one has swappable adaptors for different types of outlets. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YVMM483/ and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0845WDMMT/

61XuS153oHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ceptics European Travel Plug Adapter, Schuko QC 3.0 & PD Safe Dual USB & USB-C - 2 USA Socket - Compact & Powerful - Use in Greece Italy Switzerland Turkey Portugal - Type C, E/F - Fast Charging

Water Sling - I don't carry a purse and I don't want to have to lug around any kind of bulky bag on excursions, so my husband and I both carry something like this for excursions (and for hiking in our real life). This isn't the exact one either of us have, but the important thing is to have a pocket large enough for a water bottle and then some sort of zipper pocket to put small items like a travel first aid kit, sunglasses, Liquid IV packets, Clif Bars, etc. into. https://www.amazon.com/Nuovoware-Insulated-Adjustable-Shoulder-Drawstring/dp/B09H6ZQXQ9/

81abx-lIs7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Downy Wrinkle Releaser - I swear by this stuff when traveling. My husband and I both wear a lot of linen on cruises and it works GREAT for smoothing out wrinkles from packing or rewearing. It also acts as a fabric freshener to freshen up anything that you might be rewearing without washing. https://www.amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-Travel-Accessories/dp/B07ZG3XDL8/

91uTEcvC9TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tide Pen - Goes without saying, you never know when you might end up with a stain from saucy food. I never travel without one of these.https://www.amazon.com/Tide-Remover-Clothes-Instant-Travel/dp/B0CJB2KBJX/

61Izuh7Op5L._AC_SL1465_.jpg

First Aid Kit - I use this small first aid kit and just restock it with my own supplies like various size bandaids, neosporin, fingernail clippers, tweezers, etc.https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-All-Purpose-First-Aid/dp/B01M023SNY/

Coleman All Purpose First Aid Tin

Collapsible Hamper - I like to have everything in its place, so I always travel with a hamper for my dirty laundry. The one I have has a divider in it so my husband and I can each have half of it. It's also great for transporting dirty laundry to/from the laundry room on Princess ships. It folds down to almost nothing and barely takes up any room in a suitcase. https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Laundry-Basket-Collapsible-2-Compartments/dp/B0CRBTYY7T/

71o0-hCfMdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Foot Stool - I like to be able to put my feet up when lounging on my balcony and often cruise lines do not provide footrests, so I bring this very small, collapsible foot stool.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9CPV84/

61FajGGNwNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Cubbies - I have four collapsible cubbies that I bought at the dollar store for a total of $4 and have used on something like 23 cruises now. They make for great "drawers" for your underwear, socks, etc. that you don't want to just pile onto open shelves. They collapse flat and take up no room in a suitcase.

IMG_20180711_121841(2).thumb.jpg.22ff284191d44513294a69e741055ab9.jpg

Foot Rest - I won't be bringing this on this cruise, because we are in a mini-suite which will have a tub with an edge. I believe there is also a little ledge in the showers in the other cabin categories on the Enchanted. But for cruise lines that just have smooth shower walls and nowhere to put your foot up while shaving, I bring this. It just suction to the wall. Also great for a lot of hotels! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CFFX90/
91AQuUzLeKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I also just purchased this pendant to hold my medallion instead of the clear plastic one provided by Princess. I am not sure if there will be any issues with the metal blocking/interfering with the transmissions from the medallion, so we will see how it actually works onboard. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJQ3Z8NY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

61gGVbDC1wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Oh fun! This looks like a good itinerary.

I can't wait until we can start taking longer cruises. We are older than you but are not able to work remotely so it won't be until after retirement.

Posted (edited)

Loving this already!  All of the tips...

I am waiting to see if that medallion holder works well.  Love that!

It looks like the back is open in the back, so the medallion should 'read'.

ALSO:  Later on....  Since you seem to BTDT on Curacau,  Which (not too 'active') things to do there?

We love a nice beach..  Snorkeling...  

The glass bottom EyeSea looks interesting. (wish I could actually snorkel more under all conditions).  If we wanted to do that, and also the.beach at Klein Cuacau, that would require two boat rides....  Wish glass bottom EyeSea offered drop off at Klein!

Edited by Wishing on a star

7 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Loving this already!  All of the tips...

I am waiting to see if that medallion holder works well.  Love that!

ALSO:  Later on....  Since you seem to BTDT on Curacau,  Which (not too 'active') things to do there?

We love a nice beach..  Snorkeling...  

The glass bottom EyeSea looks interesting. (wish I could actually snorkel more under all conditions).  If we wanted to do that, and also the.beach at Klein Cuacau, that would require two boat rides....  Wish glass bottom EyeSea offered drop off at Klein!

If I may jump in here - in 2018, we went to Blue Bay resort and hung out there. Did some snorkeling off the beach.

Following! My son and I are taking this cruise and are having a difficult time agreeing on our port day activities...any suggestions are appreciated!  He was just in San Juan so that is the only one we have nailed down. Definitely some aspect of the rain forest in Dominica, but we are divided on snorkeling vs. beach vs. culture tours for the rest of the trip.

Hello everyone,

Canuker here.

What about the weather for our first couple of days?

Well, no nasty storms in the pipeline we'll all be glad to know. At least not where we're going. Had we left from NYC instead of returning there, it would not be nice, but that's another story.

For us, just typical east to south-east trade winds, the norm for this time of the year. Some light clouds for sailaway, wind becoming fresh our first full day at sea, with headwinds of around 15 knots, coupled with our own speed of say 18 knots will combine for a perceived wind of around 33 knots, or 38 mph or 60 kph. Maybe the skipper will speed up at night and slow a little during the daytime. But with temperatures in the low 80's °F (~28°C) the wind may be a welcome relief out on the decks. Find the right spot for you and you'll be fine. Indeed, folks tucked away up there in the Sanctuary, out of the wind, may find it too warm.

Seas will be slight, no trouble at all for our skipper, Captain Mario Ciruzzi and his crew. Or for us.

Happy sailing,

Canuker.

PS I hope to come up with an update on August 7, just before a lot of people set out from home.

• Like 1

Thanks, jamielogical, for again sharing your account of the upcoming 14 night cruise on Enchanted. We followed your May live reporting, but this time we will be joining you (and several other followers here) on the August 10 sailing. Looking forward to meeting you all on board at the gathering at sail away (we’ve packed our Mardi Gras beads) and at the meet and greet the following morning. Looks like a wet week coming up in South Florida, with thunderstorms in the forecast for next Saturday afternoon, but that’s a ways off, so fingers crossed for decent weather as we depart. 

I'm afraid cruise prep is just going to have to be a mad rush beginning on Monday. Yesterday we had our "annual retreat" for work, so I was out of the house until late. My husband again got a small amount of his packing done. I think his plan is to just pack a few items each day (last night it was t-shirts) and hope that he is done packing by Friday. His cruise prep is a lot less involved than mine because I am the one who has to take care of all the household and pet stuff, plus I am pretty sure he has no intention of painting his toenails (one of the items on my to-do list).

We have a busy weekend this weekend, meeting friends for lunch today, then going hiking this afternoon and then cleaning the whole house this evening. We have people coming over tomorrow afternoon to spend the whole evening, so likely won't have time for any cruise prep tomorrow either.

If I can, I plan to pack all my medications and vitamins to make sure I really do have enough to get me through next week and through the cruise, but that may be about all I can accomplish in the next day or two.

• Like 1

We fly to Boston next Saturday to sail on the Emerald on Sunday so in the same packing mode as you.  My husband does not pack.  He just gets in the car to head for the airport when I tell him to.  It has been this way for so long it is too late to train him to do anything else.  I actually have one suitcase packed.  The other and carry on stuff are spread on the extra bed.  Yesterday the five year old identical twin boys came while their parents were at work.  They were appalled that Grandma had stuff on "their" bed.  I asked if they were taking naps.  Definitely not.  So, if you aren't using the bed, Grandma is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HotRoot said:

We fly to Boston next Saturday to sail on the Emerald on Sunday so in the same packing mode as you.  My husband does not pack.  He just gets in the car to head for the airport when I tell him to.  It has been this way for so long it is too late to train him to do anything else.  I actually have one suitcase packed.  The other and carry on stuff are spread on the extra bed.  Yesterday the five year old identical twin boys came while their parents were at work.  They were appalled that Grandma had stuff on "their" bed.  I asked if they were taking naps.  Definitely not.  So, if you aren't using the bed, Grandma is.  

I can't even imagine trying to pack for my husband. He has way more clothes than I do and I would have no idea what he would want to bring. He has something like 27 Tommy Bahama shirts. He'll want to bring a mix of short and long sleeve (long sleeve for the formal nights) and a bunch of graphic t-shirts, and some slacks, but which specific ones, I would not even begin to guess at. He did recently have some of his shirt dry-cleaned so I might be able to assume some of those?

Then there are all of his electronics, chargers, charging cables, medications, vitamins.... 

31 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I can't even imagine trying to pack for my husband. He has way more clothes than I do and I would have no idea what he would want to bring. He has something like 27 Tommy Bahama shirts. He'll want to bring a mix of short and long sleeve (long sleeve for the formal nights) and a bunch of graphic t-shirts, and some slacks, but which specific ones, I would not even begin to guess at. He did recently have some of his shirt dry-cleaned so I might be able to assume some of those?

Then there are all of his electronics, chargers, charging cables, medications, vitamins.... 

Remember I said it is too late to retrain him.  He has been trained to wear what I tell him to wear.  Obviously an age difference.  The five year olds are our babies.  The oldest grandkids are in college.  Two more grandbabies coming this year.  They keep Grandma young.

Posted (edited)

Jamie,  sorry you are hitting a big 'crunch'...  I hate that feeling of stress and anxiety. Not what cruising is supposed to be about.

Gotta love these old-school men!!!

Packing is something that DH has always done most of himself.  So I am lucky on that.

He can even help and be a bit of a sous-chef in the kitchen.

But, believe me, that didn't even begin to start until after he retired!!!

I think this makes him appreciate cruising, and have every meal served to you, even more!

Edited by Wishing on a star

9 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Jamie,  sorry you are hitting a big 'crunch'...  I hate that feeling of stress and anxiety. Not what cruising is supposed to be about.

Gotta love these old-school men!!!

Packing is something that DH has always done most of himself.  So I am lucky on that.

He can even help and be a bit of a sous-chef in the kitchen.

But, believe me, that didn't even begin to start until after he retired!!!

I think this makes him appreciate cruising, and have every meal served to you, even more!

My husband is the cook in our house. I am not trusted to do anything more than use the microwave or toaster oven. 😋

We split the cleaning, but I deal with all the pet care and "household management" stuff. Also anything requiring the least amount of handiness (I am super handy and my husband is super clumsy). Oh, we also almost always do the grocery shopping together. But when it comes to laundry and packing, we are each on our own! Except for sheets and towels. I have a lower tolerance for how gross I will let those get, so I am almost always the one that breaks down and washes those first.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

My husband is the cook in our house. I am not trusted to do anything more than use the microwave or toaster oven. 😋

We split the cleaning, but I deal with all the pet care and "household management" stuff. Also anything requiring the least amount of handiness (I am super handy and my husband is super clumsy). Oh, we also almost always do the grocery shopping together. But when it comes to laundry and packing, we are each on our own! Except for sheets and towels. I have a lower tolerance for how gross I will let those get, so I am almost always the one that breaks down and washes those first.

lol... this sounds like us. I actually do the cooking, the laundry AND the packing. I do all of my packing, all of our "dual needs" like toiletries, chargers, and all of the cruise essentials and boarding info. My wife would never dream of packing for me, I'm pretty simple, though- 2-3 pairs of shorts, a handful of plain colored tees and a polo or two. Oh and a pair of pants if it gets chilly. definitely NOT an overpacker. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 3:30 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

If I may jump in here - in 2018, we went to Blue Bay resort and hung out there. Did some snorkeling off the beach.

Also apologies for jumping in but I’ve literally just booked Blue Bay for the day!

I’m pleased you snorkelled there. That’s what my daughter and I plan to do. Never been but I’m looking forward to it 😃 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 2:09 PM, JamieLogical said:

Well, I made zero progress on cruise prep yet again last night. My husband started doing a little of his packing. I did add one item to my packing list (new wireless earbuds) and double-checked my to-do list to make sure nothing was missing. Since I don't have much to report, I am going to share some of the items that I always bring on cruises that should maybe be on your packing lists, if they aren't already.

Rebound Patches - We like to take full advantage of our drink packages onboard and these help prevent hangovers. I swear by them and wear one every day onboard. https://www.amazon.com/REBOUND-Classic-Party-Patch-Nightlife/dp/B0CMSJGJ37/

61PjaL9ElkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Liquid IV - While the Rebound Patches work well, you still need to stay hydrated, so I try to drink at least one bottle of water a day with this mixed in. It's also great for bringing on extremely hot shore excursions where you might sweat out a lot of fluids. https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-I-V-Hydration-Multiplier-Single-Serving/dp/B09VCS1YM1/71SJ08i6ZYL._SL1500_.jpg

White Noise Machine - At home my husband and I sleep with two fans on in our bedroom. When we travel, we miss the white noise from the fans. We bought this teeny tiny white noise machine to travel with. It is surprisingly loud (volume can be adjusted) and it just charges with a USB charger. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7S213SX/

51RUHKMLNWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jewelry Box - I bought this cute little jewelry box that zips shut to hold my jewelry when traveling. I used to just pack it loose in a small bag until the post broke off the back of one of my favorite pairs of earrings. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BBVQQ2D7/

71yCMH1JuuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lanyards - I have two lanyards that I swap between depending on my outfit. I use them for both cruise keycards on other lines and my medallion on Princess. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7XIB7B/ and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNY1RL3/
LUXIANDA Fashion Lanyard for Keys Badge Lanyards for Women ID Necklaces Badge Holder Stainless steel chain

LUXIANDA Personality and elegance Lanyard Necklace, ID Badge and Key Holder for Women,Office Lanyard Necklace Key Lanyard Badge ID Holder, stainless steel chain

Cliff Bars - I bring these with me whenever I go hiking, travel, plan to be out of the house for a long period of time, etc. They are easy to carry, don't take up much space, don't get too melty in the heat, and have a great balance of carbs and protein when you are feeling hangry. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XEDS5I/

71rW5mTSKAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hat - I *highly* recommend that EVERYONE get a foldable/scrunchable hat. The sun is the enemy and a light, breathable hat with a brim that you can fold or scrunch down to fit into a pocket or a purse is just so important when going on excursions and such. I recommend one with a chin strap for windy situations. I don't have this exact one, but something similar to this will do. https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Unisex-Moisture-Wicking-Protection/dp/B0058YU2DS/

71Jx-YuOD8L._AC_SX679_.jpg

USB Adaptors - On the Enchanted and many other ships, there are USB outlets built into lamps or as wall outlets. These are always USB-A outlets, but all of my devices now use USB-C, so I bought these handy little adaptors. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092JNHDSB/

61Ncv7J58BS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Power Blocks - Speaking of USB and power, nearly every ship I have ever been on (except the Emerald Princess) has had at least one EU outlet somewhere near the desk or nightstand. So I bring one or more of these power blocks that convert an EU outlet into multiple US and USB outlets. The first one has swappable adaptors for different types of outlets. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YVMM483/ and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0845WDMMT/

61XuS153oHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ceptics European Travel Plug Adapter, Schuko QC 3.0 & PD Safe Dual USB & USB-C - 2 USA Socket - Compact & Powerful - Use in Greece Italy Switzerland Turkey Portugal - Type C, E/F - Fast Charging

Water Sling - I don't carry a purse and I don't want to have to lug around any kind of bulky bag on excursions, so my husband and I both carry something like this for excursions (and for hiking in our real life). This isn't the exact one either of us have, but the important thing is to have a pocket large enough for a water bottle and then some sort of zipper pocket to put small items like a travel first aid kit, sunglasses, Liquid IV packets, Clif Bars, etc. into. https://www.amazon.com/Nuovoware-Insulated-Adjustable-Shoulder-Drawstring/dp/B09H6ZQXQ9/

81abx-lIs7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Downy Wrinkle Releaser - I swear by this stuff when traveling. My husband and I both wear a lot of linen on cruises and it works GREAT for smoothing out wrinkles from packing or rewearing. It also acts as a fabric freshener to freshen up anything that you might be rewearing without washing. https://www.amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-Travel-Accessories/dp/B07ZG3XDL8/

91uTEcvC9TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tide Pen - Goes without saying, you never know when you might end up with a stain from saucy food. I never travel without one of these.https://www.amazon.com/Tide-Remover-Clothes-Instant-Travel/dp/B0CJB2KBJX/

61Izuh7Op5L._AC_SL1465_.jpg

First Aid Kit - I use this small first aid kit and just restock it with my own supplies like various size bandaids, neosporin, fingernail clippers, tweezers, etc.https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-All-Purpose-First-Aid/dp/B01M023SNY/

Coleman All Purpose First Aid Tin

Collapsible Hamper - I like to have everything in its place, so I always travel with a hamper for my dirty laundry. The one I have has a divider in it so my husband and I can each have half of it. It's also great for transporting dirty laundry to/from the laundry room on Princess ships. It folds down to almost nothing and barely takes up any room in a suitcase. https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Laundry-Basket-Collapsible-2-Compartments/dp/B0CRBTYY7T/

71o0-hCfMdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Foot Stool - I like to be able to put my feet up when lounging on my balcony and often cruise lines do not provide footrests, so I bring this very small, collapsible foot stool.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9CPV84/

61FajGGNwNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Cubbies - I have four collapsible cubbies that I bought at the dollar store for a total of $4 and have used on something like 23 cruises now. They make for great "drawers" for your underwear, socks, etc. that you don't want to just pile onto open shelves. They collapse flat and take up no room in a suitcase.

IMG_20180711_121841(2).thumb.jpg.22ff284191d44513294a69e741055ab9.jpg

Foot Rest - I won't be bringing this on this cruise, because we are in a mini-suite which will have a tub with an edge. I believe there is also a little ledge in the showers in the other cabin categories on the Enchanted. But for cruise lines that just have smooth shower walls and nowhere to put your foot up while shaving, I bring this. It just suction to the wall. Also great for a lot of hotels! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CFFX90/
91AQuUzLeKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I also just purchased this pendant to hold my medallion instead of the clear plastic one provided by Princess. I am not sure if there will be any issues with the metal blocking/interfering with the transmissions from the medallion, so we will see how it actually works onboard. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJQ3Z8NY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

61gGVbDC1wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

oh dear. Off to Amazon I go. My packing list has just gotten bigger for this cruise 😂

no, in seriousness, these are some great ideas so thank you. I’m in the UK but I’m sure I can find similar things

I have until Wednesday to get what I need. Thankfully I have Prime. Phew!