Tea Party Museum - Boston

We’re considering going to this museum later this month during the days before our cruise. 

parts of the description sound interesting, and parts sound pretty hokey- has anyone gone, and did you think it was worth it?

We are debating whether to go there. It is walkable from the pier so it could be something to do after we board our ship @noon, have lunch and go there before all aboard. Sailaway is 6pm.

We've passed by the Tea Party and from the re-enactment hoopla it reminds me of being in Ketchikan and hearing the noise from the Lumberjack show there.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

We are debating whether to go there. It is walkable from the pier so it could be something to do after we board our ship @noon, have lunch and go there before all aboard. Sailaway is 6pm.

We've passed by the Tea Party and from the re-enactment hoopla it reminds me of being in Ketchikan and hearing the noise from the Lumberjack show there.

That’s funny- the lumberjack show was one of the things I was thinking about. 🥴

The other was the pirate thing near Knotts in SoCal.🙄

• Like 1

I used to work down the block from there and it seemed to be fun for the kids, maybe up to 12 or so?  But perhaps less so for adults.   There are some good exhibits about the history around the Tea Party Patriots, but the reenactment of throwing the boxes into the water is the Big Deal which gets the kids smiling

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, its always seemed a little hokey for adults, to me.  Would much rather immerse in the Charlestown Navy Yard (Old Ironsides, naval museums), the museum of the "Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company" (the 3rd oldest chartered military organization in the world) in Faneuil Hall, or walk the North End seeking out the places where the Dark Tide of 1919 happened (the great molasses flood) that killed 21 people.  Boatloads of history in Boston.

But that's just me, and my fascination with tracing my family back to a signer of the Dedham (Mass) charter in 1636.  So, I've got a bit of a connection to the area.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@chengkp75

Happy to read your comments about Charleston Navy Yard. We plan on heading there after we check into our Chelsea Hampton Inn, fingers crossed that our flight into Logan is on time! If not, we will visit there in the morning before noon checkout and ship check-in!

KP64 spouse of USMMAalum